Create your own Photo Gallery! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Create your own Photo Gallery!

Jeff Bohn
11-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Ok, I think the main bug that we were having a problem with is fixed, so we can FINALLY roll this out!

Go to Photos.yojoe.com (http://photos.yojoe.com)

You should be logged in as your board user name (no need to create a new name). You can now upload some of your collection pictures!

To upload photos, click on ‘Upload Photos’, which is toward the top right of the screen. Using the Browse… button, select a photo(s) from your computer to upload. Your remaining disk space shows below the Browse section. When ready, click Upload/Submit. You will then be taken to a screen where you can name and describe your photo(s). Click on ‘Process Files’ to upload them into your collection folder.

To delete a folder, go to your Profile (located in the upper right section again), then under Photo Notifications select Manage Photos. Sort by Image name, and your photos should appear, with a delete or save option (default is save). Click Delete, then save changes, and the photo should be gone.

Each user has a limit of 1,024kb (1,048,576 bytes) to use on photos. Images are limited to 700 pixels by 700 pixels, and can be up to 200kb in size. Acceptable image types are .jpg,.jpeg,.png,.gif

Please use the Report Photo link to report any inappropriate images. If there is an inappropriate comment, please email or PM me. Images and comments are subject to the same rules noted in the board FAQ. All pictures will show a YoJoe.com logo on them, and should not be hotlinked on other sites. Please post a link to the page containing the image.

Let us know if there is anything you need help with, or if there are any problems using the site. I’ve tested it under my board name and a test name, but there are plenty of options I may have missed.

Also, this is a test run only, if people abuse the service we will look at closing it to members.

Jeff

thorn
11-15-2004, 10:25 PM
wow this is a pretty cool feature, thanks guys!!!-
and the 700x700- that's a good size!

thunt4
11-16-2004, 12:17 PM
I have a question, Now I want to submit some things not in the archives so I can upload them to my album ,now can you pull them from my album to use? This would be kinda convenient. I could make a post to the mods and whoever has any spare time can take them from my album and submit them to the archives.

Jeff Bohn
11-16-2004, 12:26 PM
You can put them on there if you'd like, but I'd rather all submissions be sent to the email address for the site. Much easier for me to keep track of that, and I don't have to check 3 different places.

Jeff

thunt4
11-16-2004, 12:50 PM
OK i will just do that then. just trying to make it easiest for you.

frenchy
11-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Nice work guys, this feature is awesome!

dmooretoys
11-29-2004, 01:07 AM
Jeff,

I've been posting my pics in the misc section of the forums because I prefer for people to see the pics as they are added (some may not check out the archives on a regular basis). I noticed in a previous response to this thread you made the point of not wanting to have to check three different places for submitted pics so my question is this--do you want me to start using the email address for my submissions? If I do start doing it this way the misc section might seem a little boring. Please let me know and I will do whatever is easiest for you, and as I have said many times thanks for your hard work in adding my pics to this website. I know it takes a lot of work because it is also a lot of work for me to take the pics, edit them, add them to my yahoo albums page, and post the link. I love seeing the archives grow so to me it is well worth it!

Dan Moore

Jeff Bohn
11-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Dan,

You feel free to keep posting your pics wherever you want! I know you've got a pile of them and I'm not the quickest at getting them archived. With all your stuff, it's easier for me to keep track of yours if you just keep doing it in the misc merchandise section, then when I see the check mark by it I know I've gotten it added and replied.

Jeff

dmooretoys
11-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks, Jeff! Just out of curiosity, do you and the other mods divide duties for this website? I noticed you seem to be the only one who adds pictures to the archives and I know that is a BIG job for just one person. Keep up the good work!

Well, since I am already being nosey I guess I will ask if you and the other mods will post a brief bio to let us know a little about you. I am fairly new to the site (joined Feb 04) having just made the switch from Star Wars to G.I. Joe early this year, and obviously I focus on the licensed items. I'm hoping I will be able to continue posting but I'm in the Army and I was told I may be getting orders for Germany next year (and possibly Iraq), so I hope the internet connection is good (or at least existent)wherever I go! Anyway, I'm sure at some point the mods posted a short bio and I may have missed it (although I did read your post about moving and no more 2 a.m. updates) or it was before I joined so if possible could you guys post a little bio for the newbies? I love to learn about other collectors and it helps my wife to realize I'm not the only one out there with this "collecting" obsession!

Dan

Druss
12-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Dmoore - I don't know the actual behind the scenes stuff but as a long time board Mod I figured this is probably the correct answer - One mistake a lot of people make about a message board which is tied into a site like this is that the Board Mods have power over the rest of the site. Take DB97 for example, he's the newest addition to the staff, when he was chosen as a Mod his user group was changed from User to Moderator, this gave him additional powers on the Message Board system that are tied to his log-in ID. Now that ID is part of this Board Software, and while it may be tied to other portions of the site most of the site content would be accessed via another means totally seperate from this board as the board is only a piece of the whole. Jeff Bohn is a Admin of the board but also one of the Web Masters so he has access to the whole pie while DB97 specialies in this particular slice.

Jeff Bohn
12-03-2004, 10:43 AM
What we all do, well, it kind of varies depending on the time of year and our 'real-life' responsibilities. We all have our specialties, but we're all free to do whatever needs to be done. I got involved with the Comics section a few years ago, and it all just went from there! Everyone mod access on the board has access to update the website, but some with website access declined to be a moderator (which I fully understand).

dmooretoys
12-14-2004, 11:47 PM
What we all do, well, it kind of varies depending on the time of year and our 'real-life' responsibilities. We all have our specialties, but we're all free to do whatever needs to be done. I got involved with the Comics section a few years ago, and it all just went from there! Everyone mod access on the board has access to update the website, but some with website access declined to be a moderator (which I fully understand).
Jeff, just out of curiousity, were you already adept at adding photos, links, HTML, etc to websites before you began working on this site or did you have to learn after the fact? Someday I would love to be on the staff of yojoe but I think I would prefer to focus on updating the site rather than being a moderator. I am learning about HTML and posting photos as I go but I may have to amend my educational plans to accommodate my hobby. Currently I am pursuing an MBA (my undergrad degree is in music) and I am going to check and see if my electives can be in web design. I want my own G.I. Joe website someday and I want it to be a companion site to this one. I also wouldn't mind working with you guys if you need someone (as if you haven't already heard that at least ten times this month).

Thanks again Jeff et al for your hard work in making this the best Joe website out there!

Dan

BelgianGabber
02-06-2005, 02:22 PM
This is an awesome feature!

CGC
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Great feature, is there any way to edit the comments field after you've posted?

tdutton17
02-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I did not even know there was a place to post photos. I think I will post some pics of my collection sometime. This is a neat addition to the forum.

Ghost Rider
03-04-2005, 02:24 AM
I love this feature. I've already added two pics. But I've used half my space and the pics aren't that big. Should I be loading very small images, of individual items, rather than a wall of MOC stuff?

Thanks for the addition of the gallery feature. :)

BelgianGabber
03-23-2005, 03:24 PM
I keep on getting this when I click Jeff's link:

For security reasons, please remove the install.php from the PhotoPost directory before proceeding.

Tried about everything, can't access it. Have I been banned, I swear there wasn't a single pic giving 'the finger' :)

sinnister
03-23-2005, 09:18 PM

For security reasons, please remove the install.php from the PhotoPost directory before proceeding.

Tried about everything, can't access it. Have I been banned, I swear there wasn't a single pic giving 'the finger' :)

Mine says the same thing BG.

CGC
03-23-2005, 09:34 PM

Sometimes I get that, too, but if I try again in an hour or so, it'll let me in. No clue why...

BelgianGabber
03-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Have been trying a couple days, even from work now and still no acces and same message...

Viper Commander
03-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Im getting the same thing too when I try to log in :confused:

Fabio
03-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Same happening here!

abeDAN
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
still not working....

dmooretoys
03-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I don't know how to fix it but I will send a link to this thread to the webstaff and maybe one of the other guys can fix it.

Dan

abeDAN
04-01-2005, 03:57 PM
any news yet?

dmooretoys
04-01-2005, 09:38 PM
I just sent another email to the webstaff and I think the tech guy is working on it. I asked what the status was and I'll let you know as soon as I find out anything.

Dan

Captain ISE
04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
PhotoPost is Fixed!

sfzdk
06-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Just used this feature for the first time, works great! Thumbs up! :)