dockingbay97 appriciation thread [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : dockingbay97 appriciation thread

bluebikerboy1
11-16-2004, 12:38 PM
ive been here for only like a month or so and ive read a lot of the threads. the one that i saw and want to discus is the one were dockingbay97 had a contest on his site. he was nice enought to go out and buy like 20-30 bucks of joes and give away for free if you named a joe he created. It was his choice who the winner was.
anyhow apparently a few comments were made that upseted him along the lines of his prize wasnt wanted and was going to be given away. He was upset and i dont blame him. i would be to if i spent 30 bucks to be told that you dont want it and if you won it you were going to pass it on. true the intentions might have been sincere but it was put off way wrong.
anyhow poor dockingbay97 has become the target of riducule and such and thinks his time and effort in this with the contests and such is not appriciated. and now doesnt want to do anymore contests. and from the feel of things this sounds like this isnt the first time this has happened.
so here is an open inventation to let dockingbay97 know how much he is appriciated. how much his contests mean to you. how about some previous winners posting how they enjoyed getting there joes for free and how you enjoyed his contests and so on. lets let this guy know that his work is appriciated not only on his work in the contests but also for his work on this site as a whole. come on people speak up.

code red shockwave
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah I'm really sorry for hurting dockingbay's feelings. I really do appreciate what he did and that he didn't have to do the contest but did it anyway to show his good heart. He's been a great moderator, even though he's not as experienced as Jeff Bohn and some of the other moderators. He's done a terrific job and he deserves your support.

Graz73
11-16-2004, 01:57 PM
I liked the contest. I didn't win anything, but it was fun thinking up names.

I also ran a contest and had fun with a similar idea. Don't let a few annoying fans get you down.

AVAC
11-17-2004, 12:33 AM
I haven't won a contest from him but I have bought items from him in the past and have referred others to him. He is a great person to deal with. It is to bad that things ended up the way they did. Just remember dockingbay97, you are appreciated in this community.

dockingbay97
11-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Interesting - thanks guys

Yeah I was a tad grumpy. Especially after I went out an bought that stuff to give away.

And it should be obvious that I couldn't post the entry names here as a lot of them were not YoJoe printable.

I am cooking up another contest now.