question to the mods [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : question to the mods

starrcommand
11-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey I was just curious about this. Ive noticed alot of threads being locked lately. Right now there are 2 OCS threads that were locked in the toy section. Those two seemed ok so Im just curious as to why they were locked?

Jeff Bohn
11-17-2004, 10:07 AM
It's due to the fact that the boards got very ugly last time there was a similar set, the Cobra Infantry pack.

Here's the thread I started about it...

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=15934

I realize that it's frustrating to want something that you can't get ahold of, but these are JUST hitting the stores. We also have a Wanted section of the board, even with a thread for the International Collectors who can't get ahold of it.

We aren't playing the "it's the scalper's fault" game here again. We've all known since July that the set has been coming out. Plenty of time to get some money set aside if you wanted some of them. We even had an extra month from the original October release date.

The preorders were up for three to four days, so it wasn't as if they sold out in 90 minutes or anything.

Up until they went on the site, no one knew for sure that they were going to be available online (both EagleEyeJoe and Derryl DePriest had said they wouldn't be available online), so consider that an added bonus for the people that could order from the site.

The people that couldn't order them off the website (that'd be the international people or people without credit cards) would have been able to review the website at any time and realize that they wouldn't be able to order and make other arrangements.

NOBODY should have to justify their purchases to anyone else on the board. Any more of that and the thread will be locked, and I will hand out suspensions. This board turned very ugly during the time that the Cobra Infantry set was available in stores and online, and I don't want to have that happening again.

Jeff

Comments about 'scalpers' seem to bring out the worst in people, and if we can't discuss things nicely, we aren't going to discuss them at all.

I'm amazed that of all the people complaining they can't find it, there aren't a whole lot of people using the "Wanted" section to try and get them. I guess it's easier to complain about something than it is to do something about it.

Also, how many threads about the OCS do we need? We've got one thread open about it that has stayed polite, so it gets to remain open. No one is talking about the toy itself, which is frustrating.

Jeff

dockingbay97
11-17-2004, 10:11 AM
What you are seeing is a pre-emptive strike against all the hatred that spread across this board like wild fire this time last year with the army building wave and then later with the Cobra Troop 6 pack.

In each locked thread you can see it start leaning that way.

All those conversations end up switching from talk about the toy to a hate fest between those who have and those who do not.

starrcommand
11-17-2004, 10:46 AM
no problem .. i understand what ur doing now.
Thanx a million,
Dave

Now I Know...
11-17-2004, 08:20 PM
That explains why the thread I was in got locked down,Thanks Dockingbay97,and Jeff for your explaination.

Btw your right about trying the Wanted section first I'm coming into contact with so many good leads on stuff I'm looking for! And all the OCS brewha made me reach out to other members with some sets I've found.

All in all it's been a very positive experience.