Dockingbay97's Jungle Strike Humvee give away [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Dockingbay97's Jungle Strike Humvee give away

dockingbay97
11-20-2004, 02:31 PM
I know I said I would not do another giveaway but here I am again.

The prize - a Jungle Strike Humvee with Rollbar

You must supply at least 3 photos of the following to qualify to enter

1. A picture of a GI Joe toy or toys you are putting into a Toys For Tots charity barrel. You need to also have a picture of the receipt for said toy(s). While I am not telling you what to put in there, I ask you be generous and not just put one single carded figure in. Remember this is a charity barrel. (To show we can give back in this hobby)

2. A picture of you as a kid with your Joes. AS A KID!! not as a 30 year old playing like a 10 year old. (To show where the hobby came from)

3. A picture of a kid with a parent looking at Joes in a store. (To show where the hobby is going)

4. A picture of an attractive, > 18 yo girl with GI Joes - nothing dirty. (To show cute girls like Joes too)

5. A picture of at least 20 Joes/Cobras doing a conga line around another group of 4 figures doing the YMCA. (Just because it is silly)

Post your pics in this thread.

Deadline is Nov 30 - 5 pm Pacific.

Winner will be drawn from qualifing entries.

orionlukteel
11-20-2004, 02:54 PM
I know I said I would not do another giveaway but here I am again.
Cool! Dockingbay strikes again!

I'm gonna opt out on this one, NOT at Nick's request, (y'know, repeat winners, conspiracy theories, etc. It just don't look good.) but I've seen the Humvee and it ROCKS! (And I hate Humvees!) :D

5. A picture of at least 20 Joes/Cobras doing a conga line around another group of 4 figures doing the YMCA.
Just a heads up, guys - it's difficult, but not impossible, to get your Joes to YMCA. Their elbows just aren't really made for that stunt. :D

bluebikerboy1
11-20-2004, 05:38 PM
does it have to be toys for tots? how about a charity period? like salvation army or something like that?

dockingbay97
11-20-2004, 06:13 PM
The Marine in me would like it to be Toys For Tots. They set up at many retailers across the country. This includes KB, TRU, Best Buy and Office Depot

Need help finding a location? Go to:
http://www.toysfortots.org/

bluebikerboy1
11-22-2004, 01:20 PM
I Cant Find A Toys For Tots In The Modesto Area.

dockingbay97
11-22-2004, 03:32 PM
I Cant Find A Toys For Tots In The Modesto Area.

Well, that is why I am giving you the choice of three things out of list of five.

There is no Toys For Tots drop off at your local TRU?

http://go.vicinity.com/toysrus/GeoFind.dsp?FC=TOYSRUS&ZIP=&CITY=Modesto+&STATE=CA&DBR=25&x=34&y=20

or Best Buy?

Modesto CA (Store 141)
3900 Sisk Road
Modesto, CA 95356
Phone: 209-543-0117
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm
Sun 10:00am-7:00pm

Or Office Depot?

http://www.officedepot.com/stores/locator/find.do?zip=95356+&city=&state=&requestor=&storeCode=&x=43&y=18

Or KB?

MODESTO
VINTAGE FAIRE MALL
304 VINTAGE FAIRE MALL
MODESTO, CA 95356
209-527-7870

bluebikerboy1
11-26-2004, 03:18 PM
all i can find here is toys for teens. it looks like the same company as toys for tots (theres a pic of a marine on it). is this close enough?

bluebikerboy1
11-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Well, that is why I am giving you the choice of three things out of list of five.

There is no Toys For Tots drop off at your local TRU?

http://go.vicinity.com/toysrus/GeoFind.dsp?FC=TOYSRUS&ZIP=&CITY=Modesto+&STATE=CA&DBR=25&x=34&y=20

or Best Buy?

Modesto CA (Store 141)
3900 Sisk Road
Modesto, CA 95356
Phone: 209-543-0117
Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm
Sun 10:00am-7:00pm

Or Office Depot?

http://www.officedepot.com/stores/locator/find.do?zip=95356+&city=&state=&requestor=&storeCode=&x=43&y=18

Or KB?

MODESTO
VINTAGE FAIRE MALL
304 VINTAGE FAIRE MALL
MODESTO, CA 95356
209-527-7870

thats the thing. all the barrals have been pulled for the toys for tots in this area. i found a toys for teens in best buy by my work in stockton. i really wanna enter this. preaty please say its ok to use toys for teens:D

detroscastle
11-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Best contest ever and it can do some good I've got to enter.
PS.it's the holidays donate to toys for tots anyways or toys for teens.Not for gain,because if you can afford to collect, you can afford to help.................... KIDS.......................... play with toys.We all collect because of childhood memories.All kids deserve these memories.Not to preach,or be a do gooder.However I hope you all know this is true.

detroscastle
11-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Also if it's ok with Dock I will send anyone a tape of vintage GI joe and transformers commercials to anyone who post's a donation to toys for tots in the U.S.Free

Crimson Viper Commander
11-28-2004, 01:52 AM
Ok, Nick I'm in on this one! I got 1 of 3 so far. Will post/add the other 2 to this post when i get them later today or tomorrow.

Pic # 1 - Me as a kid with a GI Joe Hal! From Christmas of 1982 :D
Pic # 2 - Kid at KB today looking thru the Joes, his mom is there too, you can just see her leg in the upper left of pic.
Pic # 3 - The Crimson Congo line!

bluebikerboy1
11-28-2004, 03:07 PM
i finally found a toys for tots. ive got all 3 pics together. my question now is how do you load them on here?

dockingbay97
11-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Also if it's ok with Dock I will send anyone a tape of vintage GI joe and transformers commercials to anyone who post's a donation to toys for tots in the U.S.Free

Sounds cool.

dockingbay97
11-28-2004, 05:40 PM
i finally found a toys for tots. ive got all 3 pics together. my question now is how do you load them on here?

When you are typing a post - look down the page for

Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

thorn
11-28-2004, 08:14 PM
ok well 1st- NICE contest-!
i dont know if ill go to all the trouble , but some of it for sure-
for one - i get a LOT of toys besides joes from my hauling/junk biz, i am all year round giving toys to kids who are poor. this year i am gonna give a bunch open joes to a couple of these kids, but not buying. (tunnel rats and stuff like that ill give out)
it is really a good thing- these kids need stuff to stimulate their minds, and some of these young mothers i know, and here (everyewhere) a LOT of poor latinos that just can't afford toys for the kids- i bring toys to the freebox in the park and stuff like that.
- number two is a really tough one, i dont think i could find that, oh wel.
some of those are pretty funny there dockingbay, this is a funny contest! yeeha!

4. A picture of an attractive, > 18 yo girl with GI Joes - nothing dirty. (To show cute girls like Joes too)

but that one- ohhh boy, you got me started!!!! let's just say i am gonna do this part right!!!

you can hate my guts, but this is a KILLER idea for a little website section- girls with joes!!!
i will be getting some HOTTIE (not XXX) photos!! hehehhehe finally an excuse to get a pic of some of these girls i know ahahahahahahahahahhahah!!!

- oh nice i see 3 out of 5 ! very good way to have it!

bluebikerboy1
11-29-2004, 12:26 AM
i couldnt figure how to shrink the files to fit in the thumbnails so i made a page for the contest. i hope its ok.

http://www.geocities.com/origjdog1982/contesthummer.html
thanks again.

also if its not ok let me know.

its kinda slow sometimes so you might have to refresh the page if not all pics show the 1st time (there are supposed to be 7 pictures). the YMCA part is done by 4 versions of snake eyes.

btw the girls playen with gun-ho, guile, and a viper of somesorts (not sure which one) in case you were wondering.

detroscastle
11-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Sounds cool.
Anyone who takes a picture of there donation to toys for tots and the receipt PM your address and I will send you the vintage GI Joe and G1 transformers commercials tape.

detroscastle
11-29-2004, 01:18 AM
I almost forgot.Dock if you want one too,since after all your running the contest.Your welcome to a copy.Also I won't enter just so things are fair.Thanks

thorn
11-29-2004, 09:30 PM
ok this is great- this friend of mine Hilla (pron. ee la )
she is always liking the joes-
when she got to my house today she said -
"i always have to figure out what is going on with your wars"
while looking over my army shelves
very funny. she's Israeli and ~27 so she has been in the army!!
watch it!
she thought this was a great idea!
im not gonna officially enter this thing but i am gonna have some fun with this!
links for a little bigger photo maybe.
you can also see my one of every viper collection behind her
ok i uploaded, but it isnt showing use the links

link1 (http://sftrance.com/images/temp/hilla1.JPG)
link1 (http://sftrance.com/images/temp/hilla2.JPG)

i know too many girls not to take a bunch of these photos- girls totally like joes, they just dont admit it often!

bluebikerboy1
11-30-2004, 06:33 PM
het thorn what are thoes baggie looken things you got your joes in on the wall? ive never seen that before.

dockingbay97
12-01-2004, 10:35 AM
Oh well, I had hoped for some more entries - I thought seeing all the pictures would be fun for people but I guess not.

So a put the two names in a hat, a co-worker drew and the winner is Crimson Viper Commander.

PM or email me your address.

thorn
12-01-2004, 03:08 PM
well dock i definitely think this was a great contest- and you inspired a cool idea for a page on my site- "Do Girls like Gijoe?" !!!
thanks!

-ps maybe not many entries, but look at the number of thread views-
A LOT of people took a look at least!

Crimson Viper Commander
12-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Sweet!! Thanks Nick!

GBPackRat
12-01-2004, 11:06 PM
I would have entered, but I was dumb and misread the contest. I thought we needed all 5 pictures, it wasn't until yesterday morning I saw that we needed only 3... I might have been able to enter if I had realized this sooner.

Sorry for not taking part in the contest. I'll read more carefully next time!

Tanner