Question about UK joes? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Question about UK joes?

TOPSON
11-22-2004, 09:46 PM
I am trying to complete my UK joe collection and I cannot find a Dolphin or a Crimson Guard Immortal. How rare are these?
Thank

Blitzwingz
11-23-2004, 08:08 AM
The Crimson Guard Immortal is the most difficult european exclusive to find. I'd even say it's one of the hardest figures to find in general. They practically never turn up on ebay. The Dolphin figure is also pretty difficult to find, but certainly not impossible. He'll still cost you about $80 on ebay though.

abeDAN
11-23-2004, 10:15 AM
yeah good luck finding the Crimson Guard Immortal...be ready to fork out some cash along with something else the person needs. it's one of those things that money alone isnt going to buy..unless its a ridiclous amount and you have to trade something rare in return. usually people who have them keep them for their collection, i know i would. good luck and if you find more than one, let me know.

scwv
11-23-2004, 07:15 PM
the CGI is one of the 3 hardest in europe to get. i would say dolphin, no camo jammer and the CGI are the hardest to get. doplin being the easiest and i have to say a no camo jammer is harder then a CGI. if not by much i still think it's rarer. i have never seen 1 for sale/trade (on public forums/sites) aside from once on cmi toys but i have seen at least 5 CGI's for sale. don't forget moondancer is pretty scarce as well.

Bobskink
11-24-2004, 07:37 AM
I once heard that somebody sold an european CGI and was insulted because he did so. Must mean it's very very very rare.

The Superfly
11-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Anyone know just how many Euro CGI are out there?

notpicard
11-30-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't think there is any way of telling how many euro CGIs there are because it isn't so much an international version of a figure as it is an international variation. Like Bill said, the no camo Jammer is also very hard to come by. But at the same time, I wouldn't consider a collection incomplete without them because I don't see variations as included in the phrase "collect them all." Both of those figures have the problem of being more widely available in a different variation. So I guess if you were able to find out how many figures were produced, you could then guess that just a fraction of those would be the variant figures.

But then, it sure is cool to see them. I would love to find a Euro CGI variant. And I have to wonder (with the fact that Funskool and the US have both used the original CGI head now) why they ever used a Rock Viper head in the first place.

JeffreyKabal
12-01-2004, 09:27 AM
No idea why they used a rock viper head as the CGI was also avaible with it's normal head. I actually never seen one with a rock viper head. Maybe because the fig was first avaible and hasbro Europe saw that the head was wrong, and stopped the production and produced the "right" CGI's.
But just a speculation. I have no facts.

Blitzwingz
12-01-2004, 05:09 PM
I know that if I ever get my hands on one of them again (yes, I said again :) ) I won't be trading it off again..

The Superfly
12-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Man...what did you trade it for? I hope it was good!

Blitzwingz
12-03-2004, 04:27 PM
A big stack of empty vehicleboxes:rolleyes: At the time I didn't realise he was thát rare, and I was very happy with that particular trade (especially since I got the IG Immortal almost for nothing)

but with the passing of time I'm starting to have regrets..:(

The Superfly
12-03-2004, 04:40 PM
I collect the empty boxes too, so I can understand. If nothing else, you know where it is in case you want to get it back... :D

Blitzwingz
12-04-2004, 05:16 AM
I collect the empty boxes too, so I can understand. If nothing else, you know where it is in case you want to get it back... :D
Yeah, But I don't think he'll be wanting to part with it. (not for a stack of empty boxes anyway:) )

BelgianGabber
12-04-2004, 06:04 AM
I had a minty one I bought as a kid.

Blitzwingz
12-04-2004, 01:37 PM
did you keep it, utterly destroyed it beyond recognition, or did you trade it away?

BelgianGabber
12-04-2004, 03:32 PM
150$ plus some figures but the guy who bought it from me was not honest!

It was Derek Anderson and he put on the package 'merchandise'. I had to come up with 40$ to pay customs. I e-mailed him about it and he was going to send me three other complete figures or something like that but he never did!

JeffreyKabal
12-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Derek wrote that International book with Ron Connor. So your old CGI is in that book :) It looks great Kevin!!! haha

BelgianGabber
12-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, that's mine alright. He's welcome to reply here if he feels he's been done wrong!!!