need help on some mexican g.i.joes! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : need help on some mexican g.i.joes!

vint-fig13
11-24-2004, 09:52 AM
hello everybody,
well,last wkend i went over to mexico(cross the border from texas)and went to this huge local grocery/cloth store!
i went to go look for some starwars figures!
i notice they had a very large section of carded g.i.joes plus some vehicles!
im not 100% familiar on variations on mexican g.i.joes!

i did notice scarlet had a blue-ish color outfit and she also was in a red/yellow outfit!

so what i need,is some help on what to look for!any variations on cardbacks, figures or playset/veh? lmk what too look for!!!

thnxs for the info!vint-fig

jabba the drunk
11-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi there, vint-fig. That sounds like a pretty interesting trip to that Mexican food/clothing store.

I don't know if you are referring to the more recently made Gijoe figures, or the ones made back in the 1980s. But, Mexico did have their own unique take on Gijoe figures. The Auriken company released a few lines of the 80's figures (with Hasbro license) in really unique plastic window boxes. Each figure was released individually in their own box. They are definitely my favorite packaging for any international Gijoe line.

If you are interested in learing a bit more, check out the Mexico page in the International secion on Yojoe.com. Here's the link:

http://www.yojoe.com/international/mexico/

Also, a few collectors here on the Yojoe boards collect these Mexican Boxed Joes. Here's a link to a recent thread, discussing the 'Joes and showing pics:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=13960

I'm not sure of any physical differences in the figures, other than perhaps different idenitifcation markings. But, there certainly could be. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

-Peter

vint-fig13
11-25-2004, 07:59 PM
jabbas the drunk,
well as for the packages they do look old syle version from the 80's ,except the carbacks look too colorfull and brite,i would think and feel for a carded g.i.joe figures from the 80's,would loose there color plus the condition of the cardback is in very good cond.and the mold of the body of the figures are in the classic style version not the new style versions they are making now!plus the figures are not boxed they are carded figures!except the window where it shows the figures are bigger then the u.s carded g.i.joe figures,plus the words that are printed in the cardbacks are all in spanish,im gonna try to buy atleast 1-2 figures,i would buy more except they have a price tag of 8.99 each for a single figure,thats pretty high price for me and i will try to post some pics,
i really dont know if they are repo's or originals or just newer g.i.joe figures!
cause a while back,about 6-7 months ago, i bought 8 carded vintage starwars figures for $2.99 and 2 original flash gordon carded figures for $1.99each plus original carded (mego)star trek figure for $1.99 from that store,except the figures where from the u.s,somehow these figures ended up at that store,how,i really dont know,but i bought them all,the cardbacks where not mint and the bubble's where yellow,but the figures where minty..so god only knows how they ended there at that store!
but like i said im gonna try to buy atleast 1-2 figures and try to post some pics and maybe you or someone else can help me out!

thnxs very much for the info!
thnxs vint-fig

Tattoo Shane
11-26-2004, 02:23 AM
I'd definately beinterested in seeing pics of these and the vintage SW figs you picked up for so cheap. One thing you have to keep in mind is that Mexico is king of the world when it comes to bootlegs and there's a good chance that all of these pieces are just that...still, without seeing pics it's hard to say for sure. If these look like old skool Joes from the 80s on card, I'd buy them all up anyways cause there are quite a few guys who are interested in bootlegs even if they don't turn out to be legit.

vint-fig13
11-26-2004, 06:42 AM
shane,
i can provide pics of the vint.starwars figures!except the figures are not carded no-more,mostly everything i buy,i open for display,except if its something that rare or very hard to get-i keep it sealed(closed)!
but anyways,the vint.starwars fig's are original,no repo's..im a starwars collector for many yrs and thats all i collect vintage starwars and sometimes newer figures!
i have bought many-many carded figures from this store!once i picked up 1 1/2 carded battlestar galattica figures,1 was carded..c3.5.and 1/2 due to it was missing half of the cardback,im paying the toy department manager $6 to call me on my cell and let me have the 1st look at the toys when they arrive at the store!
i have several friends that collect mexican hotwheels,(treasure hunts),starwars and other toys,so im always on the look-out for those toys for them!
now going back with the g.i.joes!
im not an expert on g.i.joe!!,but i do know the diff.between og & bootleg(repo's),i have seen several loose or carded diff toy's that are bootleg!
but who knows on these g.i.joes figures!
they might be bootleg,who know,ill try to get some pics up!as soon as i can!im hopping this wkend!
its just a bootleg carded figures doesnt standout or gives you that look to be original by the crappie mold they came out off or the crappie cardback they are in!
and these joes do stand-out!!!!!!!!!!!
but once again,im not a expert on g.i.joe's

shane or jabba or anybody
knows where i can get some bootleg pic of mexcian g.i.joe figures?

thnxs vint-fig

Pete The Greek
11-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Were the figures packaged in small boxes or like the American carded style?

The only Mexican bootlegs I have scene on yojoe are

http://yojoe.com/archive/actfig/mexbootlegs2.shtml
http://yojoe.com/archive/actfig/mexbootlegs.shtml

And pics would be nice :)

jabba the drunk
11-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Were the figures packaged in small boxes or like the American carded style?

The only Mexican bootlegs I have scene on yojoe are

http://yojoe.com/archive/actfig/mexbootlegs2.shtml
http://yojoe.com/archive/actfig/mexbootlegs.shtml

And pics would be nice :)

Hey, that Crazy Legs looks familiar!

I was lucky enough to purchase that figure from Paul a few months ago. Sadly, I wasn't able to get much more info about them. Here's a pic today of him chillin' with the Destros, some Jabba aliens, and Dooku. :D

http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Computer%20Toys.jpg

-Peter

Skil
11-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi, i haven't seen the figures like you are talking about, could you take some pics?

Since the Spy Troops waves were released here, we are getting what looks to be Canadian carded joes, they're french and spainish, there has been 2 promotional packs, one included 2 JVC 2 packs and the Spytroops movie, and the other 2 Spy Troops 2 packs and the Spy Troops Movie, they were released in totally spanish boxed, but inside the box the 2 packs were these same cardback, french-spanish (I sent several pics a year ago, but never was published on yojoe.com)...

I'm really interested in the figs you are talking about, the only old mold joes that we got here since the Collector's Editions, were the Vipers with the motorcycle, and that Rage Viper repaint that came with Heavy Duty...

PD Almost every toyline in Mexico is packed in US packages, there aren't special Mexican packages... The toy companies just export them, so it's not a big deal to found a US packed toy in Mexico...

vint-fig13
12-04-2004, 02:29 PM
well just giving you all an update!

well i finally went this wkend to mexico,and no carded g.i.joes,i asked around where they are at?they said since they didnt sell,they got send to another store in mexico!

only thing i found was mexican transformers,newer g.i.joe vehicles,lotr,harry potter,master of the universe,spiderman stuff...ect

i did buy some liq.bottles..jose cuevo tequila bottle's and some m.of the universe figures!
but no g.i.joe...sorry!

so sorrry,i did my best
they told me they (might) be getting some g.i.joe figures in the middle of dec,so ill let you all know,whats up!

thnxs vint-fig