View Full Version : New Chap Mei: Soldier Bear brand(?)

dragun316
11-26-2004, 01:44 AM
Just picked these up Wednesday at my base's combination hardware store/ornament shoppe that happens to have 2 or 3 toy aisles :D (I had to reduce the size of the pics by a lot, so I hope I didn't lose too much detail) :

First 3 are of a new design that mimics JVC articulation but with RAH dimensions (along with a mid-thigh swivel! no small feat):

Military Motorbike (which a nice little Beretta M-9)
Forest Horse (with the first Barrett .50 sniper rifle I've seen in the 4-inch scale)
Desert Camel (just a camel, but who else makes one?)

The articulation for the animals is a little dissappointing, but for $2 each, I'm pretty happy

dragun316
11-26-2004, 01:53 AM
Next are some with the standard Chap Mei articulation:

Attack Machine: one of the "Bad Guyz" with a hovering attack platform or something (and he comes with a pistol and the coolest RPG with strap!)

Combat Vehicle: a pretty decent chopper with a unique pilot and comes with a S.A.W. that perfectly scaled for a ML Punisher (for anyone putting together a good arsenal or him)

Animal Rescue: has a lion with "Battle-Matic" jaws and a really cool-looking Massai warrior! I bought a couple just for this guy alone (Probably the best figure Chap Mei has made to date

Most of these were all new to me. Has anyone else seen these? Opinions?

danyanda
11-26-2004, 08:30 AM
I don't know about the second set of pics, since I am not too much of a chap mei guy. The first set of pics are PowerteamUSA World Peacekeepers. They make great vehicles for Joes, and can be found at KB or www.powerteamusa.com

It's curious that they are under the same soldier bear brand, though, as I thought they were too different lines altogether.

dragun316
11-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the powerteam link, Dan. I definitely want some of that stuff. :)

As far as Soldier Bear is concerned, from what I've noticed, they have all kinds of repackaged items, mainly the "slightly-offbrand" stuff like Chap Mei, Megabloks, some non-Maisto (but Maisto-quality) motorcycles and other vehicles (usually in a 4-pack, also Joe-sized), as well as some sorta knockoff My Lil Pony and Playskool toddler series as well as other stuff. My guess is these are mainly manufactured for military outlets to offer the service members and their families decent items at a discount. I think they offer a few items other than toys, too.

drveovru2
11-27-2004, 02:36 PM
i like the camel... if only it had a spitting action..

Predator
11-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Those are great actually, there 3 3/4 inch and there highly detailed!
Try Odd lots or Big Lots! There cheap as candy!