View Full Version : LOOK at this hijacked eBay account

dockingbay97
11-26-2004, 08:39 PM
So look at this eBay user

solcow101

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=solcow101&sort=3&page=4&rows=200&completed=1&all=1

They won four of my auctions with BIN's today. And over a thousand other auctions in the last couple of hours.

They are bidding almost nonstop using BIN's all over eBay.

It is almost as if someone has a program running to bid on any BIN it finds.

I reccomend you block that bidder id.

red25thta
11-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Maybe it was the guy who hit the Mega Million's?

TYPE*S*TOYS
11-26-2004, 08:56 PM
for the headsup on this. I blocked them right away. I had a user use Buy It Now on over 1,000 of my Ebay store items a year ago and it is devastating. It took over 2 weeks to get the account suspended by Ebay. Ebay would not even refund my listing or final value fees. I had to file non-paying bidder alerts and request the final value fees on every one individually.

KrymsynGardImmoral
11-26-2004, 09:13 PM
I got really scared when i saw this because a guy just hit my ebay store for like $400 and he's still going, but it isn't the same guy. I have spoken to him in emails. As for this guy, I blocked him too, take a look at the stuff he was bidding on BEFORE today in his feedback, scented candles and crap! Someone is gonna have a RUDE awakening.

review-this
11-26-2004, 10:44 PM
That’s so stupid, give the guy a chance to pay before you tell the world he’s a liar.

You don’t know, he could have won a huge lawsuit or the lotto.

It feels like a witch-hunt.

Goldbug
11-26-2004, 11:40 PM
That’s so stupid, give the guy a chance to pay before you tell the world he’s a liar.

You don’t know, he could have won a huge lawsuit or the lotto.

It feels like a witch-hunt.

Well it does look suspiscious with all the different items he bid on.
I had 15 auctions up ending today hoping to make some $ for Xmas presents. Only had 5 winners. Looks like everyone is just getting cards this year. :(

orionlukteel
11-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Actually, there have been quite a few articles recently on hijacked eBay accounts, and it seems to happen EXACTLY the way these guys are describing.

I'm surprised my account hasn't been, given the idiot move I made recently getting phished. As soon as I see scented candles on my bidder list, though, good night. My wife has her own account. She doesn't need to get candles through mine. :D

To those who have sold items through BIN to this guy - I would request contact info IMMEDIATELY. If he/she is unaware of the sheer volume of bids (there's over 1000! And that's just currently!) you'd be doing him/her a favor. And if it IS legit, you're still better off covering your own butts by verifying.
And if you can't contact the buyer, block his bids and hold the items until he replies. If you get payment as instantly as his feedback implies, great.
Please, guys, follow up to this post either way - let us know if you've contacted the buyer, and if it's legit or not. I appreciate the heads up. I'm a few weeks away from opening my own eBay store.

ImaWalkingCorpse
11-27-2004, 10:23 AM
I hope this guy doesnt get hit with a ton of negs.

thunt4
11-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Well that sounds good but if they stole his account chances are they changed all that info. I know they did when someone hacked mine.

thunt4
11-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Man I just tried the live chat because thats how i resolved my account hacking issue a while back and they just gave me a form like they didn't care. I mean comeon how lame are they. Alll tehy have to do is check to see if the ip location has changed or the info for this person.

orionlukteel
11-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Well that sounds good but if they stole his account chances are they changed all that info. I know they did when someone hacked mine.
Good point. Perhaps going back a few months and tracking down a buyer/seller who used PayPal with this eBayer might be in order. All of the address information stays in their system after the transaction ahs been completed.

thunt4
11-27-2004, 11:20 AM
take care of I called her house and i talked to her husband. She was away a few days and had no clue

thorn
11-28-2004, 04:40 PM
wow guys, craziness!
nice to see you all putting a stop to it.
hope they nail this clown.