The only one in the world? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : The only one in the world?

dmooretoys
11-29-2004, 12:41 AM
OK, I also posted this in the International section. I would really like to know if this is legit or if it is a custom. Here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5938649217&rd=1

Dan

Snake-eyes01
11-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Dang man, I don't know! I do think it's funny how he says "Trust me" in his description!

acmirro
11-29-2004, 01:28 AM
I deleted the thread in "Toys".

I am pretty sure it is the real deal. The only one in the world? No, I really doubt it. The only one known? Possible.

A while back there was a Cobra Officer just like this. It was the "Only one in the world". In truth it was just the first one I had seen. It sold pretty high, and I figured it would be a while before I had seen another one. Then, a few months after I got a email (Was it from you, Bill?) saying that 5 more were found. All moc, and there is even a Variant on the weapon included.

This is one of those things where the person buying gets to be happy for a little while that they own the "only one" but after a few months they realize they paid a heck of a lot more than the other five people who just picked one up on ebay.

Still, a nice find. (Peter, I hope you saw this!)

Tattoo Shane
11-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Very cool piece but i definately agree with what Ant says....this could well be the only one known at this time but there are sure to be more. I've seen (and uncovered) a few one off pieces over the years and generally, once the word is out, it's never too much longer before info or examples of others turn up. Still, if it's real it's a rare piece and even if 5 more turn up, that only makes 6 which IMO is still pretty damn cool. :)

Blitzwingz
11-29-2004, 05:55 AM
wow, I've never seen anything like it. And I'm also afraid I'm never gonna get my hands on one of these:(

Snow
11-29-2004, 08:55 AM
I have seen a couple of these Korea Figs before... I think the last one I saw sell..went for $250+

You don't see them often, but I am sure there are more than 1 :)

Michael

willie&joe
11-30-2004, 09:01 PM
I'd buy it just for the card. Way cool art!

Obiwanjacoby
11-30-2004, 09:12 PM
:eek: Sweet. . .wonder what Jabba thinks about this. More to the point, how much would he pay for this? :D

-PJ

The Superfly
11-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Very cool. And funny: "This is only one in Korea and world". So all those other pictured on the back were never made? :rolleyes: Still neat though.

dmooretoys
12-13-2004, 11:52 PM
I recently won one of the Cobra Officers MOC and as soon as I get it in I will send in pics for the archives.

Dan

acmirro
12-13-2004, 11:54 PM
I recently won one of the Cobra Officers MOC and as soon as I get it in I will send in pics for the archives.

Dan

Thanks, Dan. We have the officer in the archive.

http://www.yojoe.com/international/southkorea/figures/officer/officer.shtml

cobraferret
01-27-2005, 06:53 AM
wow, I've never seen anything like it. And I'm also afraid I'm never gonna get my hands on one of these:(
Wow man That collection of yours is quite impressive.IS THAT THE RARE PIMP DADDY DESTRO I SEE???????OR IS IT THE RARE RED JACKAL FROM THE UK?????
I think I also saw a rare uk red laster too.Nice:)

CGC
01-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Nice!, but out of my price range either way. I like the artwork!, It'd be nice to see things like that here, instead of all just green.

Blitzwingz
01-30-2005, 05:52 AM
Wow man That collection of yours is quite impressive.IS THAT THE RARE PIMP DADDY DESTRO I SEE???????OR IS IT THE RARE RED JACKAL FROM THE UK?????
I think I also saw a rare uk red laster too.Nice:)

Thank you very much! It's not the Pimp Daddy Destro unfortunaely, but as for looks I prefer Red Jackal anyway. Red Laser is also there, along with Hunter (possibly the rarest of my AF figures), Blades and Stalker.

I probably should update those pictures:D