Let's update the FAQ [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Let's update the FAQ

Jeff Bohn
11-30-2004, 09:16 PM
http://www.yojoe.com/faq/gifaq.shtml

Ok, this hasn't been updated in a few years, what are some questions that need to be added to it? Whole sections could be added for the Spytroops and Valor vs Venom movies could be added.

Let's not include questions that can't really be answered and let's look at them from both sides of the fence.

For example, a simple question like..."What does AFA graded mean?" could lead different people off on different tangents. A safe answer would be something like.... "AFA stands for Action Figure Authority, a service that grades sealed toys and preserves figures in a sealed acrylic case."

I'll work on the comic section of the FAQ, a few things need to be added there....

-Who is Devil's Due, and why they change from Image after issue 25?
-Addition of other titles to the list of comic books made
-Who is Kamakura?
-What happened to Frontline?

I'll keep thinking of more things to add to that part.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Jeff

Jeff Bohn
12-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Anyone? Please?

dmooretoys
12-07-2004, 11:33 PM
OK, Jeff, I will throw a few ideas out there for you and you can pick some if you want to add them to the FAQ (I'll stick to questions about comics since that is your area). By the way, you won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to use any of these--I'm just trying to give you some ideas. OK, here they are:

1) Where can I find a list of the deceased comic characters?

2) If a character was killed in the Marvel series is he/she still dead in the Devil's Due comics?

3) What are the Action Force comics and how do they relate to American comics (also you could ask how do the European Missions relate to the Action Force comics)?

4) Do the U.K. Battle Action Force comics have anything to do with the G.I. Joe 3 3/4" line?

5) What is Dynamic Forces?

6) What is the timeline for G.I. Joe: Reloaded? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the other Devil's Due comics.

7) Are all of the older Marvel comics available in trade paperback?

8) I've noticed that some of the Devil's Due comics have two or more covers--is one more collectible than the other(s)?

9) Do you think there will ever be a series that focuses on a Cobra unit? [OK, this probably isn't a FAQ question but I would at least like to see a one-shot that focuses on a Cobra trainee going through Cobra's basic training (it could be called "Basic" or something like that). Jeff, please forward this request to Devil's Due!]

10) Will we ever see another series like "Special Missions?"

11) I love some of the internet comics, especially the ones at http://gijoe-comic.tripod.com/ Will these comics ever be released in a print format?

12) Does Larry Hama also write the mini-comics that are included with the toys?

13) I recently saw a "Marvel Comics Digest" for sale--what exactly is it?

14) Are Benzheen, Trucial Abysmia, and Sierra Gordo real places?

15) Can you recommend a good reference book for the G.I. Joe comics? (Jeff, I realize you not be able to mention this without permission from the publisher but "Now You Know: The Unauthorized Guide To G.I. Joe TV & Comics" is an excellent resource for the comics--if you want to add it to the archives let me know and I will send in pics of the book as well as the info about the book).

That should do it for now. Let me know if you need more Jeff and I'm sure I can come up with additional questions--I kind of like pretending like I am brand new to the comics (although I am not pretending when it comes to the Battle Action Force comics--I don't have any of those yet)!

Dan

Graz73
12-08-2004, 08:54 AM
A few questions I keep seeing asked...

PLEASE answer the "Who is dead?" question with the issue # that each died. I'm sick of seeing that one asked.

Which Joes are in the Marines/ Air Force/ Navy/ Coast Guard

How old are the Marvel Joe characters? --This question would only address a few key characters whose ages are set in stone. For instance, If Snake eyes was in the Tet Offensive, he has to be at least 53.-- This question keeps coming up. You could keep this list current longer by just giving estimated birth years. (for instance, Snake Eyes was born in 1951 or earlier)

A list of links to dio-stories

A list of links to fan comics

How many joe chracters/toys are there?

What is the rank structure of cobra?

Which characters have Arashikage connections? (maske a chart including obscure characters like Banzai)

GBPackRat
12-08-2004, 03:13 PM
A visual timeline of when hasbro came out with what would be pretty cool...

Sort of like, a prehistoric periods we all had to memorize in high school and college, but one for GI Joe...

The different era's might be:

1982 - 1994 RAH (Vintage)
1995 Fail Attempt with GI Joe Extreme
1996 (?) Fail Attempt with GI Joe Sgt. Savage
1997 - 1998 15th Anv. Collector Edition RAH
2000 - 2002 Speical Collectors Edition RAH
2002 - 2003 Spytroops (Neo Figures)
2003 - 2004 JvC (Neo Figures)

Sometime like that...

If you wanted, I could create the graphic...

Tanner

JeffreyKabal
12-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Is Notpicard really interested in datestamps or does he just loves to look at the joe-butts :):):)

The Faceless Master
12-13-2004, 11:07 PM
also some information about who is in what wave would be nice
so many waves are being released in such a short time span,
i cant keep track anymore!!

Joe Vs Cobra, aka JVC wave1
blah blah