3 Variations to Report? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 3 Variations to Report?

Captain-DC
12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
First Off!

Wave 1. Single Packs!
The Early Stalker here has a Light Brown Face. And the later more current ones now have a Dark Brown Face...

Wave 1. Single Packs!
Tunnel Rat the Early version came with a Gloss Black Belt/Holster.... And the More current ones are now a Dark Grey Belt/Holster....

The K-Mart set for Operation: Avalanche The Grey Snake-Eyes with the Purple Trim is different than the old Carded version. The Old Carded Version was Grey and had a Dark Purple Trim. And the New Current K-Mart Version is Grey but now has a very Light Purple Trim. If you put them together it really shows....

So three Variations found... Now what to think of all these changes to figures we already had? Very Odd!

Captain-DC
12/03/2004

danyanda
12-03-2004, 10:14 PM
My guess is these are just factory changes that have happened due to different production runs of the figures. It doesn't seem like any of them are changes for a specific reason, just someone said "Hmmmmm, Midnight Black, Midnight Charcoal. Same difference". I'm not a big varient completist, but interesting nonetheless.

Captain-DC
12-04-2004, 01:55 AM
I try to collect when i can at least two of all figures if they are sold cheap enough... I already had Wave 1. Single Packs! So i had the set. But when they start hitting now around here at a good price. that's the time to pick up any extra's... Well i thought they would be no different the the other one's i already had.

But i first Notice that the Cobra C.L.A.W.S. was changed from a flat darker Red now to a Lighter Gloss Red color. So that got me to wonder if the others were any different? And Stalker was and so was Tunnel Rat...

So in this case i got Variations when i thought i'd be getting just extra's that i already had... But now i don't know if i should consider them just extra's or now Variations? They got me confused by these one's.

I do collect Variations but this has me confused to why they would even make these changes? Just Odd!

Captain-DC
12/04/2004

Kidmold
12-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Captian,

I collect one of everything and all the variations. The sinle packs are not coming to the west coast so far as i can tell.

Can you get me a set of the variations? I am not sure which one I have coming so if possiable could you send me one of each?

I will pay your for them double what they cost you so yours are free. Plus shipping.
Can paypal you right away.

Have fun,
Fred
Kidmold@aol.com

notpicard
12-10-2004, 04:26 AM
I have the Operation Avalanche one and totally agree.

I'd like to get images of the others, but I haven't seen any single carded figures around here in a long time. So finding the new variations is going to be rough.

Captain-DC
12-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Well the Bad news is that Meijer is the one here who had them. And that was before Black Friday! But now they are all gone. All they had left was 2 B.A.T. single Packs! And nothing special about those...

I did find another place who has a few of the Sgt. Stalker and Cobra C.L.A.W.S. but the Tunnel Rat with the Flat Black/Dark Grey same color as his Boots. Whatever color you want to call that one? Is gone. It seems that only Meijer had those versions... And again the Meijer one's are gone. The other place only had 1 left and that one was the Gloss Black Belt/Holster and not the other one.

So i doubt any more of the Wave 1. Single packs will come in now? But ya never know. It was a shock to see Meijer get them anyways. But they were asking $2.49 each. I do know that Mernards have some also but they want a Wopping $2.99 Each so i try to stay away from those price's myself. Of course if i didn't have the figures at all then i of course would pay that if those were the only ones to get... Got to have all my figures... And of course i bought my first Wave 1. Single Packs on line... And they cost like $4.50 each or so... So i guess i did pay more back then. :)

Anyways! The Tunnel Rat is gone. Unless that Mernards by chance has that one? But i have no idea? So that is a Big If????

Captain-DC
12/11/2004