The COBRA heli-carrier...possible according to laws of physics? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : The COBRA heli-carrier...possible according to laws of physics?

Reptilian Popinjay
12-12-2004, 04:57 PM
I know nothing of engineering or physics but I have wondered if such a thing were actually in the realm of possibility. Does anyone know?

Ridureyu
12-12-2004, 06:50 PM
What always boggled be were the vertical ejection seats in the helicopters. I guess they fired people fast enough to go in between the blades.

Reptilian Popinjay
12-12-2004, 07:43 PM
I noticed that the other day while watching my DVD's, that COBRA soldiers in FANGs would somehow miss getting pureed by the blades even if the gyrocopter was crashing and upside down.

miragearmy
12-12-2004, 08:20 PM
What always boggled be were the vertical ejection seats in the helicopters. I guess they fired people fast enough to go in between the blades.

The choppers' blades separate from the chassis and fly off from the top of the helicopter, just seconds before the pilots eject.

I saw that in Discovery Wings channel that had a show on helicopters.

Now as for the main question, were you mentioning the Heli-Carrier that sunk with the USS Flagg? Or the One from the "GIJoe the Movie" intro?

`

Dreadnok4life
01-07-2005, 06:15 PM
no.. not possible. but who cares. it's cool.

MikePrime
01-08-2005, 12:46 PM
With the right technology, it is possible. The real question is, where did Cobra get the technology? Maybe they stole it from S.H.I.E.L.D.

CrimsonGuardJay
07-31-2006, 05:14 PM
The Cobra Air carrier in the cartoon is literally impossible... under normal means. You cant expect two turboshaft engines to keep hundreds of tons of aircraft, fighter planes, fuel ammo, etc all in the air...

No, the cobra air carriers had an anti-gravity engine on board... such technology was attained through the Decepticons.

Having a flying aircraft carrier gave cobra a considerable advantage in combat and invasion.... I might just make a scale model of one in a few years... though it would have to be over 7 feet long , no Idea what id make it out of yet.