Does anyone like Wraith??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Does anyone like Wraith???

danyanda
12-13-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm just curious, because I see people periodically drop comments about how crappy he is. I really like the character. I like the suit and he is the first villian character that I have appreciated being brought into the series. Cobra (or the joe's collective enemies) have always had pretty neat main characters, but there have been very few good additions since around 1985. CC, Baroness, Destro, Major Bludd, Firefly, Storm Shadow, Wild Weasel, Zartan, the Dreadnoks, and arguably the twins, Mindbender, Zarana and Serpentor were all neat, dynamic villians. Since then we've gotten lame characters like Overlord, Darklon, Voltar, etc... I really like the DD additions of Alexander, Armada, and especially Wraith. A cool villian, a cool gimmick with the suit, a potential enemy for Snake Eyes (since who knows what will be going on with Storm Shadow). I like Wraith and would love to see an old sculpt figure of him.

the joe bandit
12-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I think he should be an alright character. Like you said, some of the recent villians are kinda blah. I too would like an old sculpt figure of him!

Dreadnok4life
12-14-2004, 01:18 AM
I don't like him at all. I think I got caught up in the hype and was very let down by his introduction. He still may turn out to be a good character. But as of now I could care less about him. I'm not into the invincible body armor thing either. What skill does it take to beat someone in a battle if you are wearing high tech armor that makes you impervious to assault? I never got into Superman because of that same concept. It's easy to be brave if you can't be hurt.

FireChief420
12-14-2004, 03:44 AM
I like the Wraith. He's a good addition to the Cobra ranks. The armor is pretty cool. I'd like to see a new sculpt figure made of him. Actually, I wouldn't mind if Hasbro made two different figures. One with translucent plastic like the green Eel and a grey/silver repaint would be very cool.

Graz73
12-14-2004, 07:25 AM
I don't like him at all. I think I got caught up in the hype and was very let down by his introduction. He still may turn out to be a good character. But as of now I could care less about him. I'm not into the invincible body armor thing either. What skill does it take to beat someone in a battle if you are wearing high tech armor that makes you impervious to assault? I never got into Superman because of that same concept. It's easy to be brave if you can't be hurt.
I predict that, sooner or later, his armor will loose its power at a critical moment and he'll get his *** beat...

GBPackRat
12-14-2004, 09:56 AM
I like Wraith.

Tanner

code red shockwave
12-14-2004, 10:02 AM
I like Wraith. Unfortunately, the winning 3-pack hasn't been annouced by devilsdue.net yet.

frozen_nd
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
. .

MikePrime
12-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Wraith is okay. On the one hand he reminds me of the ninja from Metal Gear Solid, which isn't good. On the other, he is a powerful villain and it will be nice to see him wreak havoc.

The fact that he so powerful will make his ultimate end much more satisfying, especially for those who don't like him.

He is a mercenary, but I do hope that he doesn't turn on Cobra too, we've had enough of that lately.

Richard J.
12-16-2004, 05:28 AM
The fact that he so powerful will make his ultimate end much more satisfying, especially for those who don't like him.
Everyone will think I'm nuts, but I'll bet Firewall will be the Joe to take him out. Sounds crazy, but she's the only tech expert around.

Plus, if you were Wraith, would you worry about her?

Anyway, I think Wraith's okay. He's not as impressive as I expected, but at least he beat on Snake-Eyes. Someone has to on occasion.

Richard J.