Hasbro Spain THANK YOU!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Hasbro Spain THANK YOU!!

JeffreyKabal
12-15-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm doing some research about G.I.joe in other European countries and e-mailed with different Hasbro locations such as Spain, Scandinavia, Netherlands, Germany, Italia etc.
I asked if they could send me some samples or just plain information. Scandinavia thanked me for my interest but couldn't help me as they focused more on Action Man.
The Netherlands has helped us several times. Germany said something back in German...and wasn't very helpfulll....but SPAIN!!
No info unfortunately but Ricardo Miralles told me that gijoe was out of their catalog, but he could send me a sample from 2003.
I thought he was going to send me paperwork but instead he sent me some figures!
I recieved a MOC 3-PACK Duke, Storm Shadow and Snake-eyes with the DVD from spytroops!!
Allthough I do not collect the new figures this is great to recieve! I will keep this one!
Storm Shadow looks pretty cool. But I'll let the MOC SmileSmileSmile

Thank you Hasbro Spain for this gift!!! You Rock!!

JeffreyKabal
12-15-2004, 09:59 AM
http://www.geocities.com/jeffreykabal/gijoe/dukestormsnake.jpg

Here's a pic from what I got.
If the page doesn't work it means my geocities has to much data traffis. It won't work then. You'll have to check later.

abeDAN
12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
actually im in spain now. they people here are great so it doesnt surprise me they sent you those gifts! viva ESPAÑA!

dockingbay97
12-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Wow, that is a good score. I would like one of those if I am lucky enough to come across one.

Good score for sure!

antybots
12-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Wow, that is a good score. I would like one of those if I am lucky enough to come across one.

Good score for sure!

They are on sale by the million over here in Ireland. I can get you one if you really want. They are priced at €10 ($13.50) in the shops.

JeffreyKabal
12-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Gijoe isn't that popular anymore in Europe. This guy from our board got a gijoe display for free at a shop called "Blokker".

http://members.lycos.nl/grrt007/photoalbum1.html

So I guess the European items are not going to be printed anymore in millions, they just don't sell. The spanish employee told me that gijoe was allready out of their catalog...sad sad sad.

Budo
12-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Hehehehehehe :D:D ;)

JeffreyKabal
12-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Did you only became a member to say "hehehe" because you own this display??

Budo
12-17-2004, 04:26 AM
I am very happy to have this display in my collection:D

Do you wont some pick's for www.gijoe.nl (http://www.gijoe.nl/)??

JeffreyKabal
12-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Sure. I 'll drop you an e-mail with our preferences.

viperlegion
01-15-2005, 05:14 PM
hey i might be able to help a bit.
i am half norwegian so lived in norway in the 80's half the year and in namibia(africa) the other half of the year, si i bought my joes in norway and namibia (plus some in england later) for spanish joe information you could try contacting midco toys (an ebay shop at ebay.co.uk), as last i checked they had gijoes from spain in spanish packaging with free extra figures attached (4 for the price of 2).

as for norwegian or namibia information pm me and i can see what i can help with. most of those older joes and things are in my home in namibia so i could have a good look over the summer when i go back for you. i do have an 80' joe comic in norwegian you can have, but itll have to be in the summer in#m afraid.
just pm to tell me what you want to know.

viperlegion

JeffreyKabal
01-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Simply...everything you know about toys, comics, cartoons etc etc. :)
Scans or pictures of Norwegian stuff.

viperlegion
01-16-2005, 06:23 PM
i never saw the cartoons in norwegian, but i had satellite and i guess it must have been on regular tv. most of the boxes of the vehicles i bought were like generic european in that norwegian was one of several languages on the box (english spanish and french in addition to norwegian), the sort of bubbles with exclamations, such as "weapon really shoots!" were in all these languages. norway had a different assortment of available toys than the uk anf france, as on the catalogs it listed some as unavailable in some uk/france, and some as unavail in norway.

this is the info i have from the top of my head, but in the summer i can scan some stuff for you and send you more info as ill have it in front of me

viperlegion

JeffreyKabal
01-18-2005, 03:02 PM
that would be great!

viperlegion
01-18-2005, 11:54 PM
sure man, just please remember to pm me in may and ill get you what i have.

viperlegion

JeffreyKabal
01-19-2005, 02:24 AM
sure, in the meanwhile..you might be able to help us out now and then.
FireViper anf Sfzdk helpem us out before with laguages on filecards.
Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish...they all sound the same to us :)
Ik can read I tiny bit of it...just because some words look like Dutch or German, and I have translated some Norwegian lyrics from songs before.

BTW: The Buzzer on yojoe in card is probably not correct.

http://www.yojoe.com/international/other/buzzer.shtml

THe languages are according to some scnadinavian collecters:
Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish...not Danish, Finnish and Swedish.
Same with Mindbender and Tele Viper.

http://www.yojoe.com/international/other/windmillfc.shtml
This one is to be said German / Norwegian.
Can you confirm?

I thought that in:
Denmark people spoke: Danish / German
Norway: Norwegian
Sweden: Swedish / Finnish
Finland: Finnish / Swedish

It's hard for us foreigners to tell what was released where...
Can yo remember on what cards, and with which languages were released in Norway?

By the way: Norwegian Black Metal RoX!

viperlegion
01-19-2005, 07:53 AM
hey,

buzzer's file card is in (from top to bottom):

swedish, finnish, then norwegian.

it reads:
the terror group Cobra wishes/desires to take power in all the nations on earth, by all means necessary. Cobra headquarters is called the evil emporium and is somewhere on earth. no-one knows where.

Action force is a group of strong, experienced super fighters. Their task/mission entails finding the evil emporioum and to take cobra's members, so that they can be held accountable in front of world judgement.

Action force is of the World Government, which has a single wish: world peace. But is it possiblle to vanquish cobra's mindless evil?

the filecard bio reads:

An evil filled giant that manages the worst conditions. With his diamond coated/tipped chainsaw he can cut through all metals (with the exception of armour).

viperlegion
01-19-2005, 07:58 AM
windmill's card is in german then norwegian.

it reads:

believe it or not: windmill was born in a helicopter- because his mother is as crazy about flying as windmill! from an early age on he has carried out neck-breaking flying mission/assignments. today it is action force that has use of his great capabilities- and this they do often.

viperlegion
01-19-2005, 08:05 AM
in denmark people speak danish in norway norwegian and so forth, but fluent german is common in norway sweden and denmark, though norway and denmark more. english is also very common in all three.people in sweden do generally not speak finnish, and vice versa in finland.

finnish is unlike the other three languages ( norwegian, swedish and danish. it is more russian than anything else. the other three are very closely related and though ive never learnt swedish or danish, i understand both.

the shop i bought most of my joes in norway had different types of packaging with varying languages, the only common thing was that they all had norwegian. i dont remember too much else of the card info, as i never paid too much attention, i just kept some to see the new figs i was going to look out for.

hope it helps some,
viperlegion