View Full Version : How to properly handle 80's Joe's and Vehicals

Ranger275
12-17-2004, 06:34 PM
I know I ask alot of questions from you guys, but I need to know how to treat my expanding 80's vintage G.I. Joe collection.

Obiwanjacoby
12-17-2004, 08:45 PM
If you haven't heard this already. . .

White polystyrene plastic turns yellow. We think it's caused by UV radiation.

Snow Job v.1, Storm Shadow v.1, Hardball, and the '83 Skystriker all have this type of white plastic. So keep 'em out of the sun.

This even happens to the carded figures.

-PJ

gradingtoysdotcom
12-18-2004, 12:50 AM
How to properly handle 80's Joe's and Vehicals?

with your hands....;)

Ann G
12-18-2004, 10:51 PM
I suppose the only thing you can really do is wash them...but if all you are doing is moving them from display to display, it really shouldn't hurt them. You should have fun with your collection...not be completely paranoid with it. Just don't do the obvious like throwing them against the wall.

Stungun
12-20-2004, 05:59 AM
Keep em' out of direct sunlight, try and keep them somewhere consistent so they don't become brittle from temperature changes, or melt from heat, and don't blow the smoke from your stogies on them and they should last a long long time.

GBPackRat
12-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Just don't do the obvious like throwing them against the wall.

Ann, are you telling me, thats the lame reason my hummer only last 3 weeks after I bought it when I was 11?

Man, they just don't make toys like they use to...What ever happened to those rusty, pointy and lead based painted toy trucks my parents and grandparents got to play with as kids... I bet their toy's didn't shatter.

Tanner