so who's dead???... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : so who's dead???...

dendariiprime
12-20-2004, 03:23 PM
can anybody tell me a complete list of fallen g.i.joes?

captainswift
12-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Action figure characters:
Breaker
Crankcase
Chuckles
Croc Master (coming back?)
Crazylegs
Crystal Ball (possibly; not shown but hinted at)
all Battleforce 2000 except Dodger
all Oktober Guard except Daina (and Red Star?; note that Big Bear has never appeared in the comic)
Darklon
Doc
Flash
General Flagg
Heavy Metal
Kwinn
Mainframe
Quick Kick
Raptor
Serpentor (?)
Sneak Peek
Skidmark
Thunder
Voltar

Others:
Daemon
Sneak Peek II
Cobra Commander II
Dr. Venom
Cool Breeze
Mangler
Scarface
Hard Master, Soft Master, Blind Master
nearly every supporting character Larry Hama introduced

I think that's everybody. Probably a few slipped by me.

racer223
12-20-2004, 10:07 PM
hi!
which issues did these ppl die in?

Now I Know...
12-20-2004, 11:29 PM
And technically both Mindbender,and Serpentor have died,both are clones.

Evil_Twin
12-20-2004, 11:45 PM
thats one version of the comics. If you read reloaded Doc is alive...and a WOMAN NAMED CARLA GREER!!!!

Graz73
12-21-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm betting that in Master & Apprentice 2 we'll find out that Dojo is dead...

(It's been hinted that he'll be mentioned in there)

Ridureyu
12-21-2004, 11:59 PM
It also looks like (SPOILERS)

Baroness dies next issue. Maybe. or maybe it's just a fakeout.

Patrick A. Riley
12-22-2004, 01:48 PM
thats one version of the comics. If you read reloaded Doc is alive...and a WOMAN NAMED CARLA GREER!!!!
His daughter? His file name was Carl Greer

Evil_Twin
12-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Just Doc reincarnated. This series is starting all over again. They just made Doc female this time around.

y2kor
12-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Too bad Voltar, Darklon, and Heavy Metal are dead because as hinted, this years Joe con exclusive is going to be Destro and the Iron Grenaders and it would have been cool to have some repaints of those guys, hey if were lucky maybe they'll do them anyways.

Graz73
12-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Too bad Voltar, Darklon, and Heavy Metal are dead because as hinted, this years Joe con exclusive is going to be Destro and the Iron Grenaders and it would have been cool to have some repaints of those guys, hey if were lucky maybe they'll do them anyways.
Youre thinking of Metalhead, not Heavymetal. Metalhead is still alive.

ShortFuze
12-22-2004, 09:49 PM
***SPOILER***

Looks like three more Joes and a few Cobras die in Issue #38.....Big Boa and Asa Negra(No clue who that really is) for the Bad guys....Rampart, Hardball, and Glenda for the Joes. Kinda sucks that theyre using lesser knowns and new recruits as Cannon fodder, especially guys who've barely made an appearance like Rampart. I dunno....the way i look at it is don't get too attached to any new guys.

y2kor
12-26-2004, 03:50 AM
Man, I am still upset that Chuckles and Mainframe died, they were some of my favorite characters... especially Mainframe in the cartoon series.

Patrick A. Riley
12-26-2004, 09:45 AM
***SPOILER***

Looks like three more Joes and a few Cobras die in Issue #38.....Big Boa and Asa Negra(No clue who that really is) for the Bad guys....Rampart, Hardball, and Glenda for the Joes. Kinda sucks that theyre using lesser knowns and new recruits as Cannon fodder, especially guys who've barely made an appearance like Rampart. I dunno....the way i look at it is don't get too attached to any new guys.

Are Asa Negra (Headhunter Stormtrooper from Brazil) and Glenda (Scarlett from Argentina) related to those figures?

captainswift
12-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Are Asa Negra (Headhunter Stormtrooper from Brazil) and Glenda (Scarlett from Argentina) related to those figures?
That was my guess.

Dreadnok4life
12-31-2004, 01:52 AM
I've almost totally lost interest in the Devil's Due series. I forget to even look for the new issues. Killing off more Joes is not a solution to poor story telling.

jedimarvin
01-01-2005, 01:02 PM
I can understand the dissapointment with Joes being killed off abruptly (every issue, I have my fingers crossed they dont knock off Ripcord), however I don't think this is necessarily poor storytelling at all. When bullets start flying and bombs start dropping, someone inevitably will have to die. As much as I love the character, I was hoping that Hawk was going to be killed off back when CC shot him. I think a more prominant character needs to die every once and a while. Snake Eyes can't be kille doff...he just can't, same as CC can't be killed off. I wouldn't mind seeing a more high profile Joe bite the big one though.

I think the other issue is that Devils Due is in a weird position where they ahve to make an enjoyable and sensable story that involves litterally hundreds of characters...at the same time they also need to make room for all the new Joes that Hasbro has introduced. It would be hard to do that without thinning out the ranks a bit.

seaneley
01-01-2005, 08:42 PM
I liked it so much better when Hama introduced characters that weren't based on action figures and killed them off. This never hurt you when you were collecting and liked a figure. Then, he started whacking every other action figure based character when he introduced Overkill (the mad S.A.W. Viper). Thunder had made maybe one appearance back in Issue # 50 or so, and suddenly he's gone! That sucked. Worse, he introduces Dee-Jaye who dies with the whole team of BattleForce 2000... and I don't think that cat said one word before he died! This is an action figure that has 2 different figures based on him! I was really mad.

Now, Devil's Due takes the cake! They act like Tracker has been around forever (he never made it into one issue, that I can recall). We never even see him in his outfit based on his action figure. He is misassociated with Action Man, a completely different character. And now he's dead! Ugh!

Grrrrr... I'm a little vexed about this. Can you tell? Heh. :D

rea1180
01-04-2005, 06:01 PM
I always assummed that metal head died when Destro's castle collasped in the search and destroy series. I don't think it was ever officially addressed, but it sure didn't look like he could of made out of there, and we never saw him again.

seaneley
01-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Nah... Metal Head wasn't in there when it went down. Later on, though, Darklon (Destro's relative!) was killed when Destro himself (having been "brainwashed" by Dr. Mindbender) shot a missile from his castle into Darklonia! :eek:
However, Metal Head is alive and well as far as I know! :cool:

zark1976
03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Now, Devil's Due takes the cake! They act like Tracker has been around forever (he never made it into one issue, that I can recall). We never even see him in his outfit based on his action figure. He is misassociated with Action Man, a completely different character. And now he's dead! Ugh!

When did Tracker die?

seaneley
03-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I think it was issue # 37 or # 38. I am simply too depressed to go look through all my issues again... :(

Dreadnok4life
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
I can understand the dissapointment with Joes being killed off abruptly (every issue, I have my fingers crossed they dont knock off Ripcord), however I don't think this is necessarily poor storytelling at all. When bullets start flying and bombs start dropping, someone inevitably will have to die. As much as I love the character, I was hoping that Hawk was going to be killed off back when CC shot him. I think a more prominant character needs to die every once and a while. Snake Eyes can't be kille doff...he just can't, same as CC can't be killed off. I wouldn't mind seeing a more high profile Joe bite the big one though.

I think the other issue is that Devils Due is in a weird position where they ahve to make an enjoyable and sensable story that involves litterally hundreds of characters...at the same time they also need to make room for all the new Joes that Hasbro has introduced. It would be hard to do that without thinning out the ranks a bit.

Totally disagree. It's a comic book. Main characters don't need to die just because bullets are flying. How many thousands of times has Batman been shot at?

Alucard21
03-17-2005, 04:46 PM
I agree it is a little ridiculous that they keep killing off Joes and Cobras that don't even get their "15 minutes of fame."Like Big Boa for example...I think it was about 15-20 issues ago that he makes an appearance, then all of a sudden 5 issues ago(?) he is dead at a computer desk. Tracker...do we even know who killed him, and why yet? I hope there is something good around the corner because if all (or most) of the pre 1994 Joes(and Cobras) are gone...then I don't see this as GI Joe at all anymore.