More Lee's Guide issues w/ Foreign Joes articles [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : More Lee's Guide issues w/ Foreign Joes articles

dmooretoys
12-24-2004, 12:24 AM
I know I recently posted a thread about Lee's Toy Review magazine #144 having the pull-out guide to International G.I. Joes. Since I have had a subscription for several years now I thought I would post about other Lee's Toy Review books that have articles about International G.I. Joes. Keep in mind that my subscription started with issue #86 so issues before #86 won't be on this list and also I may have missed an article. OK, here is the list:

Issue # Page # Description

111 41 G.I. Joe in India

112 31 Japanese G.I. Joes

129 34 Carded Drivers (Foreign)

133 102 Canadian Cobra M.S.V. (only one small paragraph)

144 Middle 12-page pull-out guide to International G.I. Joe

146 26 Action Force

If anyone wants these issues I'm sure you can get them from Lee's website at www.leestoyreview.com. Most of these articles are 2-4 pages except for the pull-out guide in issue #144. As I find more information I will continue to share it with everyone. Hope this helps!

By the way, to Ron Conner: I have your International Action Figure Archive book and in the back it said your new archive book was coming soon. I know you are probably still working on it but do you have any idea when it will be coming out?

Dan

dmooretoys
12-24-2004, 12:31 AM
By the way, please keep in mind that the Lee's Guide to Collecting G.I. Joe Figures pull-out guide in issues 103 and 104 also has two pages of foreign figures pictures.

Dan

newswseller
12-30-2004, 05:25 AM
RE: 146 26 Action Force

Does this issue contain the entire Action Force range or just the repaints?

Thanks

Jonathan

dmooretoys
12-31-2004, 02:22 AM
RE: 146 26 Action Force

Does this issue contain the entire Action Force range or just the repaints?

Thanks

Jonathan
It starts with the original series with figures like the German Stormtrooper, S.A.S., Deep Sea Diver, and also the Headquarters. It also shows the card differences between the U.K., France, and Germany. Finally, it includes the Commander figure offer and the Skeletron offer. All in all I think it is a nice resource for Action Force collectors or people who want to become Action Force collectors (like me).

Dan Moore

newswseller
01-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Sounds cool.. Im gonna have to track that issue down..

dmooretoys
01-04-2005, 12:16 AM
If you are into other International Joes you should get Ron and Derek's International Action Figure Archive book if you don't already have it. It is the best international book out in my opinion. You can find it at www.backinthedaytoys.com.

Dan