Hasbro Schematics/Concept Paperwork Scans [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Hasbro Schematics/Concept Paperwork Scans

dmooretoys
12-31-2004, 02:49 AM
For the archives--these scans are of Hasbro concept paperwork from the early 80s and some of these vehicles were not even produced. The person I bought these from told me that 50 portfolios (each containing these 8 sheets) were given out to collectors at a "round table" discussion at the 2004 G.I. Joe Convention. Since I wasn't able to attend the con I can't confirm this, but if anyone can please let me know. I am sure some of you have seen some of these pages before, as I seem to remember some of them pictured in Lee's Toy Review in an interview with Darryl DePriest (I think). Anyway, here are the scans:

First, a pic of the portfolio:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=a549.jpg&.src=ph

Now, the pages themselves (I numbered them but I guess there is no particular order):

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=17cf.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=7edf.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=705d.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=3023.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=3a6a.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=f180.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=d69d.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/a8fd&.dnm=c674.jpg&.src=ph

That's it--let me know what you think and if anyone was there when these were given out please let us know.

Dan Moore

dockingbay97
12-31-2004, 06:14 AM
I never saw those but Disney was too much of a distraction for me. I would have loved to score one of those.

Obiwanjacoby
12-31-2004, 04:40 PM
I got the ish of Lee's you refer to, but there's stuff in here not covered in the mag. This is a critically awesome find! Right up there with Pete's original first draft filecard info! Excellent job.

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
12-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Also, I hope when they're reprinted on the archives, we'll be able to read the small-print text. Thanks!

-PJ

dmooretoys
01-01-2005, 04:31 AM
When Jeff gets ready to add them maybe he can contact me and we can work it out so the pics are bigger and have better resolution.

Dan

dmooretoys
01-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Guys, I sent some hopefully better scans to Jeff so you might actually be able to read them when he adds them--keep watching for his "update" post....

Dan

Jeff Bohn
01-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Maybe tomorrow night, watched a movie tonight and heading to bed now!

Jeff

jabba the drunk
01-04-2005, 10:24 PM
I got the ish of Lee's you refer to, but there's stuff in here not covered in the mag. This is a critically awesome find! Right up there with Pete's original first draft filecard info! Excellent job.

-PJ

Holy cow, I'm mentioned in a thread! I hit the big time, baby! :)

I'll echo PJ's sentiment, Dan. Those prints are beautiful! What a terrific item to have in your collection. I didn't pay much attention to the convention and didn't know it had this type of item. I really need to keep a look-out for these.

How cool it that H.I.S.S. drawing!!! All of them are stunning, really.

-Peter

Jeff Bohn
01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Posted in the Art of G.I.Joe section of the collectibles archive.

Thanks Dan!

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/art/vconcepts.shtml

Obiwanjacoby
01-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Enhancements not working. All we're getting is the Dragonfly concept when clicking for larger pics.

-PJ

Jeff Bohn
01-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Fixed. Thanks.

Tattoo Shane
01-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Wow....very cool stuff Dan. As a preproduction/prototype collector this stuff is right up my alley. It's a shame they aren't the original art pieces but i would still LOVE to own a set of those prints.

dmooretoys
01-08-2005, 03:57 PM
You know, this is the only set of these I have seen. If 50 sets of these were given out at the convention surely another yojoe member has a set. If so, please let us know!

toy-nutz
01-08-2005, 04:04 PM
You know, this is the only set of these I have seen. If 50 sets of these were given out at the convention surely another yojoe member has a set. If so, please let us know!

I got one, I had two, a fellow 12" collector got one and gave it to me incase I did not get it. So I handed my spare off to someone on sunday and right now I cannot remember who it was. We were joking around that maybe I should of kept it and put it on ebay. I figured there were a mess of them and nobody would want it. Oh well!!

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!!!

dmooretoys
01-09-2005, 12:20 AM
OK, so you can confirm that it was it given out at the convention. That is what I wanted--I just want to make sure the information I gave to this website is accurate. Thanks!

Dan

dmooretoys
01-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Also, as a side note--since the convention I have only seen this one set on ebay. I usually check every day ESPECIALLY for paperwork and licensed items and I am fairly certain that this is the only one that has been sold so far. I am surprised there haven't been more because I'm sure some 12" collectors kept these just to sell later. I'll bet at least one or two will surface next year if people keep watching for them. I am looking for items that I have been searching for for over a year and I have yet to see them on ebay but I know eventually they will be there (Hasbro tile, Walmart Filecards, etc). Patience, patience, patience......

Dan

jabba the drunk
01-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Didn't a Hasbro Flash tile sell somewhat recently on Ebay? I remember seeing one, but not who it went to. Maybe Xavieur or kiddreams?

-Peter

dmooretoys
01-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Didn't a Hasbro Flash tile sell somewhat recently on Ebay? I remember seeing one, but not who it went to. Maybe Xavieur or kiddreams?

-Peter
NO--say it isn't so! That is one of my regular searches and I hope I didn't miss it. I would love to get my hands on one of those. By the way, I bought one of your stickers so you're welcome (as per #1 of your signature )! Right now there is also a "Foo Fighters" sticker on ebay in the old-school G.I. Joe style. Man, I just can't get enough of this stuff......

Dan

jabba the drunk
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
NO--say it isn't so! That is one of my regular searches and I hope I didn't miss it. I would love to get my hands on one of those. By the way, I bought one of your stickers so you're welcome (as per #1 of your signature )! Right now there is also a "Foo Fighters" sticker on ebay in the old-school G.I. Joe style. Man, I just can't get enough of this stuff......

Dan

It's true, Dan. Sorry to say.. :( There was definitely one that was on Ebay a few months ago. I had bookmarked that auction, as it was a pretty unique looking item. I know I recognized a few names bidding on it, but don't remember who won it. Maybe you could start a thread about the tiles? That might generate some interest, and mayb even catch the attention of the winner of this recent one on Ebay. I know I'd love to learn more about these.

Those Foo Fighers Joe style stickers look pretty cool. It looks like the designer did a good job mimicking the style of the Joe lettering. I found that particularly difficult to with my stickers, and it took me awhile to get them just right. Thanks again for purchasing one.

-Peter

dmooretoys
01-09-2005, 11:11 PM
It's true, Dan. Sorry to say.. :( There was definitely one that was on Ebay a few months ago. I had bookmarked that auction, as it was a pretty unique looking item. I know I recognized a few names bidding on it, but don't remember who won it. Maybe you could start a thread about the tiles? That might generate some interest, and mayb even catch the attention of the winner of this recent one on Ebay. I know I'd love to learn more about these.

Those Foo Fighers Joe style stickers look pretty cool. It looks like the designer did a good job mimicking the style of the Joe lettering. I found that particularly difficult to with my stickers, and it took me awhile to get them just right. Thanks again for purchasing one.

-Peter
Oh well, I will just keep watching for one...I just don't understand why I didn't receive an email from ebay when it was listed....it must have been listed in a weird category or I just missed it completely. I just look at it like this--I have only seriously been collecting Joes since Feb 04 (same month I registered here) so if there was one this year surely there will be one in the next three to five years, and so far I don't have orders for Iraq so I'm not going anywhere. I'll get the next one, and the next Sabouteur kit! Thanks for letting me know!

Dan

toy-nutz
01-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Ok I need to ask, what is a Hasbro Flash Tile?? Just curious is all. As for the Concept Paper work handed out at the convention, it was only at the 3 3/4 roundtable. So not too many 12" collectors went to that roundtable. I know I saw only 3-4 12" only guys there. And 2 were there helping film and get their stuff for the game show ready.

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All HAIL DOB!!!

dmooretoys
01-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Ok I need to ask, what is a Hasbro Flash Tile?? Just curious is all. As for the Concept Paper work handed out at the convention, it was only at the 3 3/4 roundtable. So not too many 12" collectors went to that roundtable. I know I saw only 3-4 12" only guys there. And 2 were there helping film and get their stuff for the game show ready.

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All HAIL DOB!!!
Here is a link to the tile in the archives:

http://yojoe.com/archive/nottoys/hasbrotile.shtml

Thanks for your clarification on the con roundtable.

Dan

jabba the drunk
01-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Come to think of it (and now that I see that tile from the archive), I think it may have been Drew who won the tile auction. IF the tile shown in the archive was relatively recently added, I think it may be the same one that was on Ebay.

-Peter

dmooretoys
01-11-2005, 01:32 AM
Come to think of it (and now that I see that tile from the archive), I think it may have been Drew who won the tile auction. IF the tile shown in the archive was relatively recently added, I think it may be the same one that was on Ebay.

-Peter
Unfortunately, this tile has been in the archives for at least a year because that was when I began drooling over it and added it to my ebay searches. I know that this is a pretty serious piece and whoever won it probably won't part with it anyway so I will have to wait for the next one. If I were to guess who won it it was probably one of my main competitors: kiddreams, poohbear223, xavieur, muttt7000 (but Bill has been lying low lately) or a newbie like "always out front." You know it's sad when you know people by their ebay handles.........

Dan

danyanda
01-11-2005, 07:05 AM
Too little, too late, but I got the schematics at the con, too. I got my set at the Bozigian seminar. DDP just got up and said "I found this stuff, so I photocopied it because I thought you might like it."

It was at the first Hama/Bozigian seminar, which was at like 9:00 in the morning at the same time the floor first opened. They repeated the seminar later on I believe, so not a ton of guys were there.

Arashikage Storm
01-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I was there as well. I even got the last set that DDP gave out. he took everyone elses name and addresses, and was supposed to send them out. I dont know if he ever did, but my personal favorite is the inflatable little base. I wish they would have made it! anyone who wants this set, I am looking for the comic pack 6 and 7, I will trade even, if you want it that bad. those would be the only thing that would make me part with it.