European Vehicles [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : European Vehicles

Skil
01-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Hey, happy new year to everybody

Well, i guess these stuff are europe vehicles cause they've specs in three dif. lenguages, anybody knows if inside the box they're like the US counterparts, same stickers, colors, etc...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5945995054&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5944080770&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

BelgianGabber
01-01-2005, 07:17 AM
That Zanzibar box is indeed a Belgian/Dutch edition...

JeffreyKabal
01-01-2005, 08:13 AM
happy new year to u 2

Zanzibar's Airskiff is a Dutch / Belgian card. Not French.
A french box is in complete french.
A belgian box always has french and dutch.
and a dutch box has full dutch and sometimes french / dutch.
Later in the nineties, it became to expansive for hasbro I think. The Netherlands and Belgian went working together and only french/dutch boxes appeared. So both countries could use the same.
As far as I know at this point, the Air skiff didn't come in full Dutch.
Waaghals = Dutch for Dreadnok.
Predateur = french for Dreadnok.

The Pulverizer is an American box I think.
It was called Pulveriseur overhere.

Swampmasher was called the same in the Netherlands.
But in French / Belgian is was called Passe-Partout.
So I think that box is American as well.
Or you have to give me the text on the side of the box.
We don't have a swampmasher & Pulverizer (european) box for our archives yet. So if it IS European we would love to get some pics.

BelgianGabber
01-01-2005, 08:46 AM
I picked some boxes up in Lille (France) and they were Dutch/French. Maybe that is because it's not too far from the Belgian border...

JeffreyKabal
01-01-2005, 05:11 PM
I think that's it.

I can't imagine France would sell boxes with Dutch on it.
Especially them :) They won't speak any other language then French.

Skil
01-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Well, guess we'll know for sure once i get the boxes, the Zanzibar is just French/Deutsch so it's Belgian, but the Swampmasher and Pulverizer aren't like the other box, and neither are like the US release... I got a Destro's Despoiler, And it has 3 lenguages in box and instructives too, they're Deutsch, Sverige and Suomi, there's no french and according to seller, these have 3 lenguges too... Where are Sverige and Suomi lenguages from?

JeffreyKabal
01-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Sverige is Swedish.
Suomi is Finnish.

In Sweden a lot of people speak a bit Finnish.
I've got some Swedish comics and on those comics it also gives the prizes in Finnish currencies. Germany did not had the popularity of G.I.joe that The Netherlands, Belgium and other countries had. Germany was as I remember from my family overthere more into Star Wars. It's also pretty hard to find German things. Myself I only have one German filecard and no other things.
So German was included with multilple languages, like Swedish and Finnish.
Sometimes with other languages as Dutch and French. For example the Invader with Payload. I've found 2 different ones.
The first one has Dutch, French and German on the box, filecard and blueprints, the other has English, Italian and Spanish on it.

BTW I think you mean French / Dutch for the Zanzibar box. Dutch = Netherlands, Deutsch = Germany.

BelgianGabber
01-02-2005, 11:34 AM
I have a lot of German File cards. For example the later battle force pilots had 3 attached fcs. Also Darklon had it, you could rip them a part...

Skil
01-03-2005, 02:19 AM
Yes, sorry it was Dutch...

So, these could be Sweden then? And gettin back to the original question, would these be the same as the US releases, just dif. boxes?... we'll see
I'll post some pics once i get the boxes...

BelgianGabber, the Destro's Despoiler came with 3 file cards too...

The Lord of Steel
01-06-2005, 07:55 AM
And gettin back to the original question, would these be the same as the US releases, just dif. boxes?... we'll see
I'll post some pics once i get the boxes...

Generally, the European items are the same as the American items. Same plastic, same color (there can be very little difference in colour; the same happens with american items), etc. Only some figures from the '90's were sometimes released with other accessoires.

but in this case it should be the same item like the american one.

JeffreyKabal
01-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Well most vehicles and figures are the same with a few exeptions.
There ARE color differences.
For Example the Mean Dog, Mobile Command Center and some more.
But these are slightly different. A bit darker or a bit lighter from color.
Except the RPV. That one is waaay different. It is grey (the brown one was released here as well).
Icluding figures like Mercer and Low Light. They have also slightly different colours. And again figures Like Mutt are way different.

Does that Destro Despolier have ACTION FORCE instead of GIJOE?
Becayse G.I.joe was called AF in Scandinavia.
IF not I would like to see some pics.

BelgianGabber
01-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Yes, sorry it was Dutch...
BelgianGabber, the Destro's Despoiler came with 3 file cards too...

Yep, that's correct. Stupid me, I took a couple apart some weeks ago.

You have Darklon, Destro v2, Ace v2, Frostbite and another one I can't recall immediately packed like that.

Skil
01-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Does that Destro Despolier have ACTION FORCE instead of GIJOE?
Becayse G.I.joe was called AF in Scandinavia.
IF not I would like to see some pics.

Yes, actually it's from Action Force instead of GIJOE, and it came with a catalog, where appeared the gray RPV, that's why i was wondering about the other vehicles... There appears a different Tiger Force Recondo, and even a Tiger Force Wild Bill is shown in the TigerFly picture...

JeffreyKabal
01-13-2005, 10:50 AM
If you give me you emailadres I can give you a picture of the possbile catalog.

That Wild Bill and Recondo were not released.

Could you make a scan of that catalog, both sides and if it's to big, scanning in parts?

Is the catalog in scandinavian languages?

Skil
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
If you give me you emailadres I can give you a picture of the possbile catalog.

That Wild Bill and Recondo were not released.

Could you make a scan of that catalog, both sides and if it's to big, scanning in parts?

Is the catalog in scandinavian languages?

Yes, i'll try to send you a scan tomorrow, i really don't remember about the lenguages in the catalog, need to check it again...

Wow, are you sure that Recondo was never released?...

My e.mail: [email protected]

JeffreyKabal
01-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Well it's like this:

In the United States Recondo was the pilot of the Tiger Fly.
Overhere he was called: Wilde Willem = which is also the name of Wild Bill.
So Actually Recondo it a second version of Wild Bill overhere.
The original recondo was never released overhere. But the version you can see on that Tiger Paw (which I think you mean) was definetly not released overhere.
The Tiger Force Recondo was here the pilot, but only seen as a second version of Wilde Willem / Wild Bill.

JeffreyKabal
01-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Did I already sent you some pics?
Or did I totally forgot?
Let me know!

Skil
01-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Did I already sent you some pics?
Or did I totally forgot?
Let me know!

No, not yet...

JeffreyKabal
01-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Pics are on itīs way!

I gave you 2 pics of those strange Tiger Force figures.
One of the catalogs is a variation.

viperlegion
01-21-2005, 07:04 AM
as for the vehicles being swedish, i think itd be more accurate to say scandinavian as almost all items in scandinavia were in suomi, svensk, dansk and norsk (swedish, finnish, danish and norwegian). id have to see the boxes to see if it is in fact scandinavian packaging as the pics are too small. i am however pretty certain that there was no such thing as 'swedish packaging', as all the scandinavian packaging had all thge languages.

viperlegion

JeffreyKabal
01-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Skil your hotmail inbox doesn't have enoygh space!
You should upgrade it to 250MB :)

Or please give me another e-mail adres from your provider which has more space

Skil
01-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Well, i updated the mail account, so i can receive your mail now

About the vehicles, i got the Swampmasher, Pulverizer and Air Skiff yesterday, they're just like the US version as all of you said, the only dif. was there was a star sticker instead of the US flag in the Swampmasher, all the rest is the same.

And finally the swampmasher-pulverizer mistery is solved (thought), the lenguages in this boxes are, Spanish, Italian and English... I guess those are the average Europe releases... I'll provide pics later, form boxes, and inserts

JeffreyKabal
01-21-2005, 01:15 PM
aight, here they come again!

Skil
01-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi Jeffrey, these are the catalogs i got in the vehicles, as you can see i got one similar to your catalog, but seems to have some differences...

http://gdltribe.tufresh.com/flashback/fotografias/vt/catalog1a.jpg
http://gdltribe.tufresh.com/flashback/fotografias/vt/catalog1b.jpg
http://gdltribe.tufresh.com/flashback/fotografias/vt/catalog2a.jpg
http://gdltribe.tufresh.com/flashback/fotografias/vt/catalog2b.jpg
http://gdltribe.tufresh.com/flashback/fotografias/vt/catalog3.jpg
http://gdltribe.tufresh.com/flashback/fotografias/vt/catalog4a.jpg
http://gdltribe.tufresh.com/flashback/fotografias/vt/catalog4b.jpg

I didn't had time enough to scan them, but i tke pics, so if you need a scan of anyone, just let me know, i tried to send you a PM, but seems you don't allow that...

And about the vehicles, finally i found that there are some minor differences too... Brighter colors, and some differences in the stickers like a white sticker instead of yellow...

JeffreyKabal
01-26-2005, 04:13 PM
http://gdltribe.tufresh.com/flashback/fotografias/vt/catalog2a.jpg

Would you please scan that one?
We allready have all the others :)
I see you now both own the normal catalog from 1989 and the variation.

Besides on the first pic you can clearly see that our Mobile Command Center was lighter of color.

You can PM me now.
I had some problems on yojoe, so I couldn't receive PM's.

Skil
01-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Ok, i'll send the scan this weekend...