Quality of the Funskool Joes? Especially CG Immortal [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Quality of the Funskool Joes? Especially CG Immortal

joebahama
01-01-2005, 11:18 AM
I am interested in perhaps armybuilding the Funskool CG Immortal. I want to use them as the Driver in my OCS sets. Do any of you have these, and If you do what is the quality like? Are they worth it? I basically want them to sit in my drivers seats and man the OCS Hiss and ASP so I can free up my CGs for other duties.

The Faceless Master
01-01-2005, 11:42 AM
I have several, they have a somewhat brittle feel compared to the US release. The backpack color is horrible but the weird hand rockets operate in a similar fashion the US version does. The T-Hooks in a couple of my figures broke within a month, but i had replacements for them, so i suggest buying supplies just in case.

Other than that, they ARE Crimson, usually go for about $4/ea at www.smalljoes.com and they look fantastic operating the C.A.T.2 compared to the Non-Crimson "Crimson" Guard Immortal v2.
I would rather army build these instead of the original US version just cause they look 95% similar.

Hope this helps!!
Don

ps - there was a bad rumor about Funskool using lead in their paints, so not sure if that was disproved yet or not

joebahama
01-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I never did like the CG Immortal weapons compliment. I usually arm them with AK-103s that came with Redstar. I think I'll get a few. I only want them as vehicle operators in any case.

BelgianGabber
01-01-2005, 01:15 PM
They are, obviously, of minor quality. I wouldn't suggest arming and disarming them often and when doing it be very carefull. You have to be somewhat lucky when receiving them as the paint can be sloppy sometimes. But for their price they are still great!

sfzdk
01-02-2005, 08:35 PM
I am interested in perhaps armybuilding the Funskool CG Immortal. I want to use them as the Driver in my OCS sets. Do any of you have these, and If you do what is the quality like? Are they worth it? I basically want them to sit in my drivers seats and man the OCS Hiss and ASP so I can free up my CGs for other duties.

I have a few Funskool Immortals and use them for the same purpose you intend to. IMHO they're totally adequate to occupy drivers seats.

robot_sonic
01-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Funskool quality depends upon the production date. If you can find CGI's produced after April of 2003, then the quality will be much higher than those produced prior to that date. Overall, those figures are nice and make for worthy additions to any collection.

killerclown
01-03-2005, 08:38 PM
dont mean to hijack yer thread buddy, but what about the other figures! are they worth thr $4? any ones i should forget about?

The Faceless Master
01-03-2005, 08:41 PM
www.smalljoes.com has a bunch of funskool figures all for about $4 each

Desert Scorpions, Night Vipers, Hydro Vipers, Toxo Vipers
you can army build these in a jiffy!!

cobraferret
01-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Funskool figures are crap.I opened a cobra commander and it fell apart.I do like however that you can get some of the classics without taking out a loan!!!

BelgianGabber
01-06-2005, 10:35 AM
To state they are all crap, that's a bald statement. I have a moc Budo who is clearly damaged too yes, but for that price...

You have to be a bit lucky for sure, but so what if one out of ten figs is damaged? I don't care, they're cheap and still nice :)

mack31
01-06-2005, 11:35 AM
imo i brought ten to drive my ocs tanks if u intend to use them for that purpose then fine i brought a lot of funskool figs out of the 30 i brought one was bad and the only problem was his right arm will not swivel i like yhe idea that for $4.00 bucks u can easy build a army under $100.00 i do plan own buying more cgi funskool because i like them.:D

cobraferret
01-06-2005, 08:44 PM
To state they are all crap, that's a bald statement. I have a moc Budo who is clearly damaged too yes, but for that price...

You have to be a bit lucky for sure, but so what if one out of ten figs is damaged? I don't care, they're cheap and still nice :)
I meant if you were going to use them to "play army"or give them to kids(choking hazard).I personally like the moc storm shadow,flint,barbeque(except for the bluish paint)budo,dreadnoks,Vehicles except for the paint jobs(I keep them in the package anyway)devilfish,c.l.a.w.,fang.I agree on the price.like I said you don't have to take out a small loan:).

bluebikerboy1
01-08-2005, 02:15 PM
i bought a few from small joes and heres my oppinion on them......

crimson guards- look cool to me. and i like the weapon they come with.
zartan- garbage. looks cheaply made (waste of 4 bucks)
mr bludd- figure looks cool but the weapons are herandous
storm shadow- looks good to me, like version 2 i believe and the weapons arnt to bad either
budo- figure looks ok and the weapons could be worse i guess
nightviper- paints a little cheesy but its passable. weapons look ok to
quick kick- looks cheaply made like zartan. weapons look fragile to (waste of 4 bucks)

so out of all thoes i bought my favorite 3 would be the crimson guard, storm shadow, and night viper

JeffreyKabal
01-08-2005, 02:37 PM
My CGI from funskool looks good, and is minty mint. It's decent quality if you're not going to play with it :)

joebahama
01-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Has anyone ever took a picture comparing the original CG immortal to the Funskool one? If so post a pic please.

The Faceless Master
01-09-2005, 12:40 PM
I tried looking for this website who actually had a side by side comparisson of a Funskool & Hasbro issued CGI... I guess his website closed down already

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/images/ind-cgimmortal.jpg
to
http://www.yojoe.com/action/91/91images/cgimmortal.jpg

If someone can format these images so that we can have a side by side comparison, THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Apochronox
01-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Here you go! :D

http://apocronox.dajoob.com/images/cgi_versions.gif

I was looking through the Funskool Joes on smalljoes.com and it looks too good to be true. Are these figures still being produced?

BTW, some of the figures have really bad colors but not all of them. This (http://smalljoes.com/images_fs/stormshadow_c_l.jpg) Storm Shadow looks exactly like the Hasbro version!

The Faceless Master
01-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Roadblock looks exactly like the Hasbro version, so does quick kick

where they really differ is the color of the accessories, or the assortment

Biohazard
01-21-2005, 08:33 PM
i got 20 (i think) of the FunkSkool CGI. Honestly to me they look kinda cheapish in quality but out of the 20 i bought i only had one problem with a broken o-ring. Past that you can buy 5 or so for the normal price of 1 US CGI.

Hydro-Viper
02-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Well, I got a few months ago a Dodger, a TF Lifeline and a Deep Six, all from Funskool. The Lifeline looks great; the only fault on Deep Six is the helmet (it's awfully cheesy). But the Dodger, it really wasn't worth it. The paint job is lousy, the rifle (besides the light blue color) looks cheapy, and the paint job resembles more a Quick-Eye-for-the-Sonic-Warriors-Guy version.

sinnister
03-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I dont own any funskool figures (that I know of). How easy is it to tell the difference? I dont want to bid on an ebay lot of some 'vintage' loose figures and have them end up being funskool instead of the US release. Are there different date stamps or something I could look for?

CGC
03-06-2005, 02:23 PM
I dont own any funskool figures (that I know of). How easy is it to tell the difference? I dont want to bid on an ebay lot of some 'vintage' loose figures and have them end up being funskool instead of the US release. Are there different date stamps or something I could look for?
A lot of them had different paint jobs, or parts molded in different colors, sometimes it's easy to spot, & other times it's real subtle. Deciding based on pics posted on ebay auctions would be tough, I don't think I could do it unless there was an obvious differance. Only thing you might try is emailing the seller & hoping they're honest, or compare the figs (http://www.yojoe.com/international/india/) you're wondering about.

sinnister
03-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Cool, thanks for the link. I see some are quite obvious...like a white Stalker. Some are pretty hard to tell though and will be hard to tell when seeing a lot with a bunch of figs. Appreciate it!

joebahama
03-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I finally got a load of these Funskoolers . I ordered them from smalljoes.com. To be honest with you for the price, I can't really complain. The paint jobs range anywhere from a 4 to a 8.5 on a scale of 10. The Joints are ok, but I can see where each of these is pretty much a gamble. When you get a figure it can be a great one comparitable to even Hasbro but then there are some that are pretty much just fodder. I got a CG immortal with a useless left hand, thankfully I had an extra original CG arm around so I switched them. I use my CG Immortals from funsckool to man my CG sabotage Hisses and ASps they aren't really good to play with or even pose, but slap one in the drivers seat of a Hiss and the other in the turret and bam instant CG armor team. It frees up my better CGs to body guard Cobra Commander and the Twins. I think I'll try the Funskool Night Vipers next.

Hydro-Viper
03-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, one way to recognize a Funskool figure is to look carefully on the paint scheme. The early figures usually have at least one painting detail, like it was badly painted. Sometimes is the face or the chest (my Deep Six has a silver spot in the leg; the tiger-like scheme on my Lifeline's arms are not sharply painted, and so on). About date stamps, well, those are the same as Hasbro figures, at least in the figures I own. And since an eBay pic sometimes can be too small to notice the painting details, there is no way to recognize it as a Funskool figure, unless you ask for more detailed pics.