Deep Six V1 Question? Thanks. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Deep Six V1 Question? Thanks.

gradingtoysdotcom
01-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Hi, I have alot of Deep Six's in my collection. (Version 1). I see that almost all of them are with redish hair and only one has orange hair. Is there a difference in where they were made? Please let me know if anyone knows about this variation.

Thanks. Christopher.

gradingtoysdotcom
01-11-2005, 12:42 AM
No Love for the Deep Six question huh? Ok, Thanks. :)

notpicard
01-11-2005, 03:58 AM
Moved to the variations section in hopes that someone knows.

Do you have an image? Did you check the date/country stamps? If the color of the suit is also different, I know the one I have from Brazil is very different than the US one.

gradingtoysdotcom
01-11-2005, 10:23 AM
I will see about getting a photo soon! :)

Thank You!

zark1976
01-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I know it has almost no bearing, but one time I saw a yellow haired deep six, and very close by was a red Haired Colonel Hawk.

gradingtoysdotcom
01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
The thing is I have lots of Deep Six V1 and only one has orange hair, its not custom painted either. All the other are that redish color. I will post photos tommorow. Thanks.

bluebikerboy1
01-11-2005, 11:02 PM
this one is easy to answer. someone customed it duh.

gradingtoysdotcom
01-12-2005, 02:39 AM
Um no. I know what a custom painted figure looks like. duh..;)

this one is easy to answer. someone customed it duh.

bluebikerboy1
01-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Um no. I know what a custom painted figure looks like. duh..;)

not repaint it. swapped heads. its real simple to do. i can tell you how if youd like.
the other head probobly was jacked up so they switched the head with another joe to make it perty.

michaelmonasmith
01-12-2005, 01:41 PM
not repaint it. swapped heads. its real simple to do. i can tell you how if youd like.
the other head probobly was jacked up so they switched the head with another joe to make it perty.

The problem with that is that it's near impossible to get his head out without busting the figure completely, unless they removed the bubble, broke the head off at the neck post and glued a new head in. MY guess is that's probably just sun damage.:)

gradingtoysdotcom
01-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Bluebikerboy1 just give up you dont know what you are talking about! Thanks for trying to help though. I will post photos some time by the end of the week! Thanks.

bluebikerboy1
01-24-2005, 09:46 PM
is this one the one that looks like a block robot with a joe head? or is it the one with the detachable helmet. Its possible i have my joes mixed up a little.

gradingtoysdotcom
01-24-2005, 09:55 PM
This is the one that looks like a robot:

Photo:
http://yojoe.com/action/84/84images/deepsix.jpg

I still of yet posted photos. I bough a lot of 7 of them and they were all this darker redish color. The one I know is from the US has a orange color hair.

I will try to snap some photos.

Thanks.

bluebikerboy1
01-24-2005, 10:15 PM
ok then you were right. i didnt know what i was talking about. I thought you were talking about the one that has the removable helmet. i know you can take that one apart cause ive done it. but that block robot looking one is next to impossible to take apart. sorry bout that. ill be quiet now and go back to my hole and play cowboys and indians with my joes now.:p

gradingtoysdotcom
01-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi, Biker. Its cool atleast you jumped in and had somthing to say. You are right about making a custom if this figure, it will be very hard to open. I thought of making a corba deep six with baroness' head, flat black with silver and red cobra emblem. I will still make this one day.

Thanks. Christopher.

JeffreyKabal
01-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Maybe an international factory made it.
I've got 2 Rip Cords with different hair color.
Ink isn't always the same in factories.

tdutton17
02-17-2005, 07:26 PM
I think it could just be a paint error. These happened a lot since thhe figures were hand painted.

BelgianGabber
02-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Yeah, some 'variations' seem to be easy to explain. One shade of paint was used up and they just used another one...

danielmd06
02-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah, some 'variations' seem to be easy to explain. One shade of paint was used up and they just used another one...

That was my thought on this figure. There are plenty of subtle variations of paint on the old Joes that I never really considered a different variant of a figure. I am still curious if this Deep Six v1 issue has been resolved or not. Gradingtoys, are you still gonna post those pictures, or have you pretty well satisfied yourself on the origins of your figures?