View Full Version : wwe fans

bluebikerboy1
01-11-2005, 04:58 PM
are there any wwe fans in here?

sinnister
01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Yes, I watch the male soap-opera on a regular basis!

Patrick A. Riley
01-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes, BUT, Sunday's PPV was the first WWF/WWE PPV I did not see live (in some form) in the past 14 years since I became a wrestling fan in 1991

Nothing to do with the card, but the price and overall direction of the company (I'm glad I didn't order since by most accounts it was awful)

They need to end the "brand extension" and lose about a third of the roster (those who are boring in the ring and/or have boring or non-existant personalities, those no-talents who only have a job because Vince likes them and the myriad of vapid women who will never wrestle and can't act to save their lives, most of whom were hired despite the fact that they did not win that insipid RAW Diva Search) :mad:

As you can see, I have some trouble when it comes to telling others how I really feel :rolleyes: ;)

Jeff Bohn
01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
I used to be a fan, but the demise of ECW and WCW have lead to my not being as interested anymore. Now I barely watch it for 20 minutes in any given week.

Mr Rage
01-11-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm still a huge fan of WWE. Been to several tapings of RAW when they came into town. Even Monday Night Nitro when WCW was still running.

I'm a bit saddened at how WWE has been on this slow downward spiral in quality of their product. Ever since The Rock, Stone Cold, Goldberg (not a fan of his but I enjoyed watching him fumble hs way thru his contract) have left...there has been this huge void in the WWE. There's no BIG star that really puts butts in the seats or brings in viewers. Shawn Michaels as great as he is, seems to only go thru the motions, HHH...don't get me started on him, Ric Flair...has that spark...but only very occasionally & few & far between, Benoit...no charisma, Undertaker...same as Flair, Guererro....has it but needs more airtime, Bradshaw....what a tool, Angle.....too many injuries have already crippled the guy.

Give the belt back to Jericho...the guy has the look of a champ...he's always on TV, has charisma in abundance, & is genuinely a funny guy. He reminds me of Rowdy Roddy Piper sometimes.

The Tag Team division needs a major overhaul. Eugene & Regal as a team...is funny sometimes but not the caliber as the Hart Foundation or the British Bulldogs. Not even in the same league as The Iron Sheik or Nikolai Volkoff.

The IC belt for the midcard wrestlers needs more airtime.

The Divas.....(sigh) the divas...anyone can join these so called "contests"...lose & still get hired by the company. So why waste time & energy promoting some silly "search", just hire the girls!

The Womens division was given to Dave Fit Finley as a joke & for a while he really got those girls interesting to watch. But now...it's Lita vs Molly vs Trish vs Victoria (hot) every week....Yawn!!!!! Either scrap the entire womens division or get something going with them again.

But I still watch it cause I have my favs.

That dvd, The Rise & Fall of ECW was pretty entertaining to watch...I wish they had more classic matches in there though. I hear there's going to be a WWE sponsored ECW pay per view sometime in the near future. Paul Heyman has no role in it & they're using only former ECW wrestlers that are currently employed by WWE. Guess that rules out Amish Roadkill, Beula Mcgillacutty, AJ Styles, Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Sandman, Sabu, Nova, Justin Credile, Lance Storm, & Francine.

Mr Rage

dockingbay97
01-11-2005, 06:31 PM
I used to watch.

I quit about the time that Wrestlemania was here in Seattle - that was fun to go to.

The Raw/Smackdown split and bringing on too much non-talent annoyed me.

Eric Bishoff (or however you spell his name) irratates me.

The lack of the really 'big' players bored me.

And the fact Jakks can't make a female figure irks me.

Bring back the Rock and Sock connection and boy would I be happy - I know it will never happen.

red25thta
01-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I've was untill a year or two ago. I loved the New Age Outlaws and Dengen-X. I feel they have lost too much talent. I remember going to 2 of the PPV's(floor seats since my mom worked for Southwest Sports group) in person but what was even better was going to a non-Televised. They did a lot of funny stuff like Earl Hebner giving the Bird to one of the guys.

Crimson Viper Commander
01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I use to watch, now i can hardly stand it. A group of about 10 of us use to get together once a month for PPVs and have a nice party and watch the show, that stopped about the time Vince bought WCW. Since then its been all down hill, simply because theres no major competition. I know NWA/TNA's out there but there no way big enough yet to be competition like the old Monday Night Wars. I do like NWA/TNA, when i get the chance to watch their 3pm Friday show...

As others stated, the split of the roster into Raw and Smackdown also led to my dis-interest in the WWE. It was 1000 times better when everyone was on the same show and could fued against any other person.

I use to go to Raws and house shows whenever they came to town. Tho since losing interest I dont even know when their in town unless i hear it on the radio. The last Raw i went to was in Cleveland when Shane showed up at WCW Nitro and 'bought' WCW and they did the cool simulecaste from both shows. And the last PPV i went to, well actually the only one i've ever been to was the last King of the Ring PPV before they did away with that one. Nowadays the only PPVs I watch are Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble, and thats only cause BW3's shows the PPVs for free...

As for monday night, to me its not known as Wrestling night anymore, I'd rather watch the reruns of Stargate SG1 on SciFi. The only time I flip over to Raw is when my buddy IMs me saying Stacy Keiblers on!!

Prozac
01-12-2005, 06:43 AM
I don't really watch anymore)as of a few months. RAW should be re-named the HHH show featuring evolution.

I guess I'm one of the few that support the brand split. I think w/o it there's be far less talent getting air time than there already is.

dockingbay97
01-12-2005, 08:16 AM
I guess I'm one of the few that support the brand split. I think w/o it there's be far less talent getting air time than there already is.

But that is exactly my problem - I think nearly half that talent doesn't deserve airtime. Some of them are so bland and generic, I have a hard time telling who is who.

RAS ONE J
01-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Boy I've been a big fan since early 80's and slowly stopped watching wrestling past two to three years. I personally liked wrestling when wcw and wwf were going at. When wrestlers from WWF came to WCW to create NWO. That was great. Less talking more acton.

Now..it seems half hour or 45 minutes total is devoted to talking in the ring then wrestling in the ring.

Patrick A. Riley
01-12-2005, 09:55 AM
The "brand extension" would have worked had done it right the first time, when it was WWF vs. WCW. Of course, they are making the same mistakes, burying real talent in favor of Vince's "home-grown" WWF (un)talent.

If people knew how the Undertaker was truly burying the company (no pun intended) and keeping others down, he wouldn't be popular at all. Remember when his butt-ugly wife beat DDP? That made all of WCW's talent look really strong :rolleyes:

The failure to make new stars and actually push others hard without giving up on them after a month and the Undertaker's refusal to lose any matches convincingly (and Vince not forcing him) also hurts. Triple H is good, but not good enough of a draw to deserve 5 of the 9 RAW "World" title reigns

If ratings and attendance were high we couldn't complain. But as long as Vince gets an extra $5 million from his stock, he doesn't see a problem

crimson tide
01-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I still watch it occasionally, but it just doesn't have the fun factor it use to have. I miss the NWO days on WCW, even though towards the end it really got old. I just think that it would be better if someone else could win the world title. :rolleyes:

sinnister
01-12-2005, 12:32 PM
I watch it because it is always on at work. If I'm home on a wrestling night I rarely do. My personal favorite was back in the NWA days.

Evil Ryu
01-12-2005, 01:02 PM
I still like WWE. As a matter of fact I was at the Smackdown taping here in Tampa last night. The best match was not on TV. Undertaker vs JBL and Orlando Jordan in a casket match was one of the best that I have seen in awhile. Too bad it's not on TV.
It's just a shame that RAW is basically ran by son'n'law Triple H. Raw has gotten so bland because of that. Every 2 weeks there's a new champ and then 2 weeks after that, he has the belt again. Don't get me wrong, I think HHH is cool but he just needs to be out of the title picture for awhile and it's the same match on every week. "MY GOD IT'S BENOIT AGAINST EDGE HERE TONIGHT AND NEXT WEEK AND NEXT WEEK AND THE WEEK AFTER, IT'S GONNA BE A SLOBBER KNOCKER! The HW championship just does not seem so special anymore. SD is getting alot better than RAW. JBL is a good heal champ with a bit of comic relief thrown in. TNA is by far a better promotion. They might not be big yet but they will get there. I was at the Last TNA PPV and it blew me away. It was awesome and I will be there at the next PPV this Sunday. WWE's story could be better and they could give some characters a better and bigger push(bautista)and more gimmicks(such as Carlito and Hurricane),more bigger upsets that no one is expecting(let's say if Shannon Moore beat whoever is the US Champ at that time and I know they won't let him beat the Invincible John Cena). I still like WWE(hey, they support us troops), yeah it's losing some steam but hopefully they will get it in gear. I think TNA(they support us too)is better, but things could change.

bluebikerboy1
01-12-2005, 02:12 PM
i got into it when the alliance was around. i have also seen a downward spyral. i mean HHH is only champ cause hes bangin stephanie. they need to give the title to batista. that would be cool. if he'd turn on HHH in that elimination chamber id been happy. but of course it didnt happen.
john cena is anoying me. the chain gang is a joke and so is his persona. drop it cena you are no thug and you are just embarasing yourself. BTW he was not stabbed by carlos or the body guard. he was filming a movie in australia.
I miss stone cold. too bad he got greedy and to cocky and was canned.
mic foley has gotten to old to wrestle too.
ric flair needs to give it up. hes been dropped so many times he cant talk clear anymore.
gene sniskey & heidenrich& tyson tonco all need acting classes real bad. at least they wrestle ok.
the women are looking nice. i dont have any complaints there. too bad litas knee went out.
eugene is hillarious and i like him. william regal needs to stop snorting that crank. its turned his nose to glass.
i miss the hardys, and the dudleys lost there spark to.
randys ok i guess. hes bringing his game up.
bennoit needs acting lessons to. hes an ok wrestler to watch but hes no champ. neither is edge. maybe jericho.
hardcore holly needs more airtime. so does shannon moore.
and here is a question. what happened to that guy. the one all dressed in white? was supposed to be from revelations. carried that wierd looking staff?
he was alright.

Patrick A. Riley
01-12-2005, 03:18 PM
gene sniskey & heidenrich& tyson tonco all need acting classes real bad. at least they wrestle ok.
They do? What matches are you watching? They are the typical problem with WWF/E over the years: the type of guy Vince likes: 6'6" or taller, 300 lbs or more, limited wrestling skills and no personality or charisma. They're not good performers, so obviously, Vince just likes looking at them in the shower :eek:

hardcore holly needs more airtime.
Ok. That's it. We're here to help. Please take a step back and stop taking the drugs ;) Another big problem. A guy who's only around because Vince likes him. He has seriously injured many wrestlers on purpose (and has never been properly punished or fired like others) and along with the bad temper, has a bad attitude

and here is a question. what happened to that guy. the one all dressed in white? was supposed to be from revelations. carried that wierd looking staff?
he was alright.

Mordecai. I actually liked him, despite him being like all the large, clumsy, boring, charisma-less oafs you mentioned above, along with the overrated Batista. As strange as it sounds, his outfit was not good. Reminded me of when Goldust started out in '95 with the pathetic yellow longjohns before heswitched to the gold rubber outfit. His costume just looked minor-league. Using the Razor's Edge as his finisher did not help either. I don't think he could be made to be feared or taken seriously by fans

Evil Ryu
01-12-2005, 03:30 PM
I like Heidenreich. He plays a pretty good psycho and his fear of caskets is funny. Carlito Carribean Cool is cool(no pun intended). Too bad he was injured.

Patrick A. Riley
01-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I like Heidenreich. He plays a pretty good psycho and his fear of caskets is funny.

That's exactly the problem. How can he be a believable monster if he is afraid of anything? They've ruined many careers by having guys act afraid of the Undertaker and his routine

He's also a legitimate psycho backstage, throwing fits after his matches when he screwed up moves and blames everyone but himself

bluebikerboy1
01-12-2005, 03:54 PM
at least hardcore looks good in the ring. and i like the powerhouse style heidenreich, snitsky, and tonco have. i also think batista was underated for a while. its nice to see him building stardom.
one big disapointment is the rock. he was a great wrestler and now hes had a taste of movie stardom. he wont be back. at least when hogan did his movies he came back and still wrestled.
I just finished watching raw. i tape them and bring them to work to watch. this way i can fast forward the commercials (the 30-40 min of them it seems). I think shelton needs to lose the title. he doesnt have what it takes to be a champ yet. He just hasnt been around enough to develop the statue to be taken seroiusly. however it is funny seeing him embarass melvin (i think thats right) the last few shows.
and were is nidia? i think she is so hot yet she hasnt been on in a while.

bluebikerboy1
01-12-2005, 03:56 PM
also am i the only one that thinks it was a huge mistake to bring in muhammad in this political time?

dockingbay97
01-12-2005, 04:19 PM
one big disapointment is the rock. he was a great wrestler and now hes had a taste of movie stardom. he wont be back. at least when hogan did his movies he came back and still wrestled.

Big difference here - while the Rock is hardly an Oscar winning actor - his movies are at least semi entertaining while Hulk's were really bad.

I thought the Rock looks pretty funny in the Be Cool preview.

Patrick A. Riley
01-12-2005, 04:52 PM
however it is funny seeing him embarass melvin (i think thats right) the last few shows.
and were is nidia? i think she is so hot yet she hasnt been on in a while.
You mean Maven, not Melvin, but it says a lot of his lack of star power when you cannot remember his name

Nidia was fired/released along with 9 others a couple months ago
- A-Train
- Billy Gunn
- Test
- Gail Kim
- Chuck Palumbo
- Jazz
- Johnny Stamboli
- Rodney Mack
- Rico

none will be missed

bluebikerboy1
01-12-2005, 05:14 PM
im going to miss gail kim a lot. god she was hot. and i liked rico. i wonder if we will see any of them on tna?

why were they fired?

You mean Maven, not Melvin, but it says a lot of his lack of star power when you cannot remember his name

Nidia was fired/released along with 9 others a couple months ago
- A-Train
- Billy Gunn
- Test
- Gail Kim
- Chuck Palumbo
- Jazz
- Johnny Stamboli
- Rodney Mack
- Rico

none will be missed

Now I Know...
01-12-2005, 08:53 PM
General house cleaning.
WWE does this every so often,some times they got nothing for said talent to do,others it's because their not doing as well as hoped(Gail Kim falls in that catagory).And still others are simply p.i.t.a. and who wants to keep them around.

bluebikerboy1
01-12-2005, 09:35 PM
how can you say gail falls in that category? she is hot and she is athletic. she started making a name for herself with her unique summissions. and she made a good heel. if anything this is wwe fault for not using her tallents more wisely. i hope she gets to come back. id put her well before lets say molly holly or any of these models they have right now who are insulting divas by calling them divas.

Nidia - same here. cute girl who wasnt given enough air time after she went to raw.
- A-Train- dont mind seeing him go.
- Billy Gunn- great wrestler who deserved to stay and he earned it. to bad vince didnt see that.
- Test- to many injuries. i can see why he was let go (BTW that test and stacy thing that was going on was real FYI)
- Chuck Palumbo- good wrestler, didnt deserve to go
- Jazz- im mixed on this. good wrestler but she was like a new version of chyna. but not to bad looking i guess.
Johnny Stamboli- great talent. to bad it wasnt given an oppertunity to use it.
- Rodney Mack- didnt like him at all. real boring in the ring.
- Rico-hillarious in the ring and very tallented. they made a mistake letting him go.

you cant disagree with this. here is who should have been cut
maven
chris nowenski (he doesnt even wrestle anymore)
garrison cade- booring
ivory- she is old let her go
mark henry- to slow
scotty 2 hottie- again to old needs to retire-
spike dudley- this guy doesnt even look right wrestling. hes as skinny as i am. and this whole im the boss think is stupid in my oppinion.

its real smart vince. keep the wrestlers who are old and worn out and fire the young talent who you have available. real smart.

bluebikerboy1
01-12-2005, 09:36 PM
General house cleaning.
WWE does this every so often,some times they got nothing for said talent to do,others it's because their not doing as well as hoped(Gail Kim falls in that catagory).And still others are simply p.i.t.a. and who wants to keep them around.
BTW whats p.i.t.a?

Patrick A. Riley
01-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Nidia - same here. cute girl who wasnt given enough air time after she went to raw.
- A-Train- dont mind seeing him go.
- Billy Gunn- great wrestler who deserved to stay and he earned it. to bad vince didnt see that.
- Test- to many injuries. i can see why he was let go (BTW that test and stacy thing that was going on was real FYI)
- Chuck Palumbo- good wrestler, didnt deserve to go
- Jazz- im mixed on this. good wrestler but she was like a new version of chyna. but not to bad looking i guess.
Johnny Stamboli- great talent. to bad it wasnt given an oppertunity to use it.
- Rodney Mack- didnt like him at all. real boring in the ring.
- Rico-hillarious in the ring and very tallented. they made a mistake letting him go.

you cant disagree with this. here is who should have been cut
maven
chris nowenski (he doesnt even wrestle anymore)
garrison cade- booring
ivory- she is old let her go
mark henry- to slow
scotty 2 hottie- again to old needs to retire-
spike dudley- this guy doesnt even look right wrestling. hes as skinny as i am. and this whole im the boss think is stupid in my oppinion.

its real smart vince. keep the wrestlers who are old and worn out and fire the young talent who you have available. real smart.
Gail Kim was probably let go since she didn't deliver with her big push. (winning her title in the first match) ALso, has to do with seniority

Billy Gunn is the same as Bob Holly. Guy with a bad attitude and a big ego. Difference is, he had a big problem with drugs when he was let go.
He received single pushes and failed each time and ended up being stuck in some lame tag team.
Just like everyone in DX, after they broke up, they were all exposed for the mediocre talents they truly are.

Billy, Holly, Bradshaw, Test, A-Train all should have been let go in 2001

They gotta get rid of all the Tough Enough talent.

Mark Henry. Ugh. Should never had been hired in the first place

Scotty is 32, Rico is 43 and you say Scotty is old? Rico gets injured frequently. 'Nuff said

Most people who are released received too many chances and failed. Many received chances they didn't even deserve. At least, they received chances that would have been better spent on others

yojoebro82
01-13-2005, 09:37 AM
One thing I miss from a couple years back was when the Rock and HHH or Stone Cold and HHH would be forced into being tag partners even though they hated eachother-then they'd end up bouncing some guys head off the anouncers table, each one taking turns trying to out do the other by bouncing the guy harder off the table. That was great stuff!
I don't watch any more for the same reasons as most of you, lame *** "talent" replacing guys like the three I mentioned. They could loose half the roster and do one show on Monday nights and I wouln't miss it. Keep two of the chicks, Stacy and Trish, and loose the others!

Evil Ryu
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
TNA was talking about hiring some of the let go talent but can't, do to contracts with WWE that's on the lines of them not wrestling for another promotion for a certain amount of time. It's been years, but I thought the first SNL with the Rock, Vince, Mick Foley, HHH, and Big show was hilarious.

whitedalek
01-13-2005, 02:20 PM
I still watch WWE, but I agree the quality has been spiraling downward. Too much yakking, too many boring personalities, and the wrestling quality has gone downhill. The few bright spots are Rey Mysterio, Eddie, and Eugene and Regal. I hope Batista turns on HHH soon. Rick Flair should retire; it's so sad what he's become: HHH's butt-boy. The last good stretch was when Paul Heyman was manager of Smackdown and he had that long feud with Cena. There were a lot of good matches during that strech. Now, BORING. I channel surf all the time when watching the two shows. They need to mix it up. Stop having the same people wrestle each other week in and week out. I can't take any more Bradshaw/Eddie/Booker T bouts any more. Sigh...wish they would bring back my two faves: Rowdy Roddy Piper and Sgt. Slaughter. (I know..they are too old or too broken now..but I can dream!). WWE definately needs some new blood and excitement.

Now I Know...
01-13-2005, 07:00 PM
BTW whats p.i.t.a?Pain in the *****.

And I agree about Gail,but when it came to the WWE execs,too little,too late.

Maybe with Lita out on injury for an expected 8 mths with her knee,and 6 additional for her shoulder injury perhaps Gail will get a second chance.

Mercer
01-15-2005, 05:06 AM
I have been a fan for about 20 years, since before I can remember. I think Vince needs to retire and let Shane and Stephanie take over. Vince loves the big men, but they get hurt alot and if their oppent can't help carry the match they might as well be giant's. When I first heard about the roster split I was excited, because Smackdown was supposed to center around the cruiserweights were Raw would have the big men. But Vince must not have liked that, so he gets the juiced up giants out there, who look like very uncordinated oafs. When talent gets hurt they need to bump up the very missused guys they have like

Chris Jericho-very funny on the mike, and get this the man CAN wrestle
Chris Benoit- needs a Manaer/valet something like the old days
Hurricane-not the biggest guy but neither is Benoit
Simon Dean-why not use the Nova gimmick? Dean just isn't working
Shelton Benjamin-starting to move up
Christian/Edge- seems like both get mini pushes then the writers get cold feet
Matt Hardy/Rey Mysterio/RVD all in the title picture if u didn't have 20 6'10 guys
And I think the following are the future of the sport if they can remain healthy
Randy Orton-alreay been world champ
Carlito Carribean Cool-son of Carlos Colon
Silvian Greania-father also a wrestler, few times tag team champ

NWA TNA badly needs a weekly national Television spot, but I see them making some costly mistakes like WCW. Hiring every Big Name they can regardless whether they can work or not. That's my 2 cent feel free to add yours.

bluebikerboy1
01-20-2005, 01:52 PM
what did you think of raw last monday? i hope batista goes into the royal rumble and wins it. id love to see him and HHH go at it.

i did get to see valerta (i cant remember how to spell his name) go against batista. i thought it was ok but if valerta wants to stay in wwe he needs to improve his ring ability. it looked like he was stumbling around alot.
kane vs snitskey was so staged. that chokeslam from the top looked good till they did a close up of them on the ground and snitskey muttered something like we pulled it off or something like that and they were smilling.

what do you all think?

Pete The Greek
01-20-2005, 08:01 PM
I love WWE TV when its done in Toronto and Montreal. We cheer the heck we want, not what the WWE wants. Bizarro land? Lawyer get the hades off TV.

But I have lost serious interest in the WWE, mostly because of Triple HHH. I rather watch the NWA X division any day.

Zartan305
04-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Wow, no one has posted anything here in ages. Does anybody still come to this thread?

Blowtorch01
04-18-2006, 07:46 PM
I haven't watched RAW in 5-8 years at least. The Austin, Rock, Mankind era was fun, but it's turned into a completely different product than what was sold in the 80's (I loved it as a kid).

The belts, the PPV's, the size of the roster, the type of matches, the amount of shows on weekly, it's all gotten watered down and diluted. What drew me to wrestling as a kid were the characters, the believable story lines, and matches and belts that had meaning.

It looks more like reality tv now.

The Faceless Master
04-18-2006, 08:30 PM
ever since WCW went down & the wrestlers all joined WWE
it just went downhill from there :(

WCW went down for a reason
- unimaginative storylines
- slow over-the-hill wrestlers
- lame overacting
- too much talking not enough action

Then WWE goes ahead & does the exact same thing NOW
that WCW did to make them go down in flames only a coupla years ago...:rolleyes:

I too was a fan of WWE back in the late 90s
When Stone Cold was the champ & co-tag-team Champions with Undertaker
YET Austin had the Phenom carry BOTH belts ~
When the Rock finally broke off from the lame Nation of Domination
and was absolutley so hated that I began to absolutely love his character
his quotes, his attitude it was priceless!! :D
oh man, do I miss the glory days of WWE

Whatever happend to that big guy that the Rock lost to before moving on to
Hollywood, Brock something?? :confused:

Patrick A. Riley
04-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Whatever happend to that big guy that the Rock lost to before moving on to
Hollywood, Brock something?? :confused:
Brock Lesnar, like a lot of the overrated muscleheads, got burnt out due to the difficult travel schedule. He left after Wrestlemania 20 in March '04. The MSG crowd learned that he was leaving from the Internet (which he bashed) and gave him the Na-Na-Na-Na, Hey-Hey-Hey goodbye chant. The outcome of his match with Goldberg was changed (who ironically was also leaving). It was surreal match due to the crowd's reaction. Goldberg won, but the crowd hated both guys and only really cheered Steve Austin, who was the special referee and beat up both guys after the match.

Lesnar then tried to play in the NFL for the Vikings, but couldn't cut it there either. He is currently the IWGP champion in Japan and is in the middle of a lawsuit with WWE for breach of contact
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_lesnar

You can find info on almost any wrestler on Wikipedia

The current WWE is awful. The brand extention was a horrible idea 4 years ago and they've payed for it ever since. I can't recognize WWE as having any legitimate World champions with those split rosters filled with poor performers. 50% of the on-air "talent" have no business being in a major organization. They keep recycling bad gimmicks that didn't work the first time they tried them. Most of the women are just NTCs w/ plastic surgery
But yet I still watch. Please help me :eek: :confused: :mad:

Mr Rage
04-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey guys...was bored & decided to come in a see what was happening. Well, the WWE has been on a DVD splurge lately. So I bought or borrowed several of their new DVDs released. First: Brett "The Hitman" Hart

Great DVD...still no real answer on Summerslam '97 other than "lack of communication". Got this DVD as a present this past Xmas. I highly recommend buying this DVD or renting it. Gives you a really good look at Brett now. I still get the feeling he is still bitter about how things turned out...even though his move to WCW was orchestrated by Vince & himself.

Rise & Fall of ECW...got this one a while back. Great stuff. Highly recommend getting it.

Monday Night Wars...I got this recently when the local Suncoast/Sam Goody video place went out of business. Bought it for $10. Lots of dirty laundry aired out in it. The demise of WCW was because there was no direction...no management...they gave the wrestlers carte blanche on whatever they wanted to do. Also depended on how close a friend you were to whoever was in charge of booking at the time. I think Vince paid what? $2-3 million dollars for a couple of the wrestlers contracts & WCW's video library. I'll never forget that moment when I tune into WCW's final broadcast & seeing Vince's smiling mug. Very surreal moment.

Road Warriors DVD...one of the greatest tag teams in wrestling history....great DVD. Buy it...even if you don't watch wrestling...buy it! It's that good.

The Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior...well...what can I say about this...I bought a used copy for like $7...glad I didn't pay the whole $20 Best Buy was charging. I'm still sort of at a loss for words about the guy "Warrior" Jim Hellwig. One of my friends who loved wrestling in the 80's & really was a big time fan of the guy...I showed him this DVD. Not quite sure if he is still a fan now. Though this DVD was pretty onesided cause there was not any current interviews w/ "Warrior" Jim. So it was a bunch of guys who knew him & wrestled him who were talking smack about him. Hogan mentioned one time how he did like "Warrior"....everyone else just trashed him. I hear that after watching the DVD, "Warrior" is suing Mcmahon...I guess for defamation of charatcer or something. Sigh...& his pitiful saga continues.

Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80's Vol. 1....great DVD of the some of the coolest guys from the early 80's.

Pick Your Poison: Jake "The Snake" Roberts.....this one should have been called "The Self Destruction of Jake "The Snake" Roberts....I'm still haunted by some of the stories this guy had to tell. I mean his whole upbringing & his rise & fall. If you want to give kids an anti drug message...use this DVD.

As for the current status of wrestling. Isn't TNA on Thursday nights now? I heard they were getting a prime time slot...then get bumped back to 11pm or midnight Thursdays? I haven't been watching lately but I did manage to see that they have Scott Steiner working for them now....sigh...the guy can barely move around his own muscles. I agree that TNA is making a mistake on hiring some big name talent that have a history of getting hurt a lot or being jerks all around. I think getting Christian was a good move though...hopefully he can really shine.

Good GAWD! Another Diva search??!! After WWE released their first winner Christe Hemme? What's the point? It's only the losers who get hired...how FUBAR!

Well...Mark Henry probably got his biggest push taking on the Undertaker....guess the writing team can put him on the shelf till his contract expires. None too early in my opinion. Who was this guys agent to get such an ironclad contract w/ WWE? I know his release will free up a lot of money for new talent!

A return of D-X??? hmmm...signs seem to be pointed to that direction...crotch shots & all. Though I seriously doubt they'll bring back Billy Gunn & Roaddog. Maybe Shawn Waltman will be free if that new MTV wrestling show tanks. Then again...I hope they don't bring him back...I can't stand the guy.

I hear Vince is bringing back Test...maybe he acquired some talent during the time he was away?

Kane in a major motion picture....kudos!

JR back...even though he isn't on a full time schedule is great news.

Mr Monday Night/Money In The Bank RVD....yeah man...get the party started.

Randy Orton on suspension....hmmmm...methinks his ego got the best of him. especially around the Divas from what I hear.

HHH becoming a face & Cena going heel....hmmm...making Cena champion still seems a little "forced" in my opinion. There's something about the guy that I can't get behind...oh yeah...Poser!! Lose the Chain Gang wigger theme...quit the rapping.

Vince vs God....hmmm....I don't think I want to stand too close to Vince cause lightning might hit me too.

Not anything too in depth...it's almost 1 am here in Michigan right now...Guess I'm tired. Hope this causes some further discussion cause I still love & watch wrestling. Another thing...the past is the past...wrestling has always been a changing form of entertainment. From the real wrestling during the depression era when matches would last an hour at the least. To the 50's & 60's when TV started to broadcast wrestling to millions of homes. The 70's when the roots of what I see of wrestling now started to grow. The 80's when wrestling was cool & kid friendly. The 90's when the kids of the 80's GREW UP & wanted more action & blood & storylines. To now,(WWE being the only real big time promoter) the current incarnation being a very flashy,violent, risque, media savvy male soap opera.

If you don't like it...don't watch it!

Mr Rage

GIJoeCollector
04-20-2006, 03:14 AM
I can't stand the WWE anymore... I can barely even call it WWE, to me it will always be the WWF. I used to love it in the 80's, even went to a match when they came to town. But now, it's all jokes like Cena... I can't watch more than 5 minutes before I feel like gauging my eyes out. Most of the women look like men in tight clothing (oh wait, the men are in spandex too) that shows their 24" guns. Whatever happened to the "good" wrestlers they used to have, like Hogan, Andre The Giant, Randy "Macho Man" Savage and to some degree even The Ultimate Warrior? All their wrestlers these days are just actors that couldn't make it in Hollywood for some reason or another (no talent, too many steroids). It would be interesting to see what would happen to wrestling if Congress got involved in a steroids investigation, it would probably kill it. Anyway, my rant is over.... death to Cena, try walking down the streets of Compton looking like that and see how long it takes to get shot!!! Moron!!!

The Faceless Master
04-20-2006, 09:18 AM
everytime i see that T-Mobile PoserMobile commercial
I anticipate John Cena making a cameo...

cmon now, a championship belt that SPINS?? what a joke... :rolleyes:

Acantilado
04-24-2006, 01:24 PM
I looooooove wreslting. But that's probably because I can only acces it throguh the internet. Maybe if I could see Raw every week I would hate WWE like GIJoeCollector :D

I think the main problem with WWE is that it doesn't have any competitors. Now TNA is begining to TRY to be something like a rival to WWE, but of curse they will need a lot more money to create better sets for their shows AND to be avery week in a different location for Impact.

GIJoeCollector
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
I looooooove wreslting. But that's probably because I can only acces it throguh the internet. Maybe if I could see Raw every week I would hate WWE like GIJoeCollector :D

I expected the hate... bring it on, I can take it! :rolleyes:

Acantilado
04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Advantage: GIJoeCollector XDD

By the way, I also would shot at Cena and his twisty belt :D

GIJoeCollector
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Advantage: GIJoeCollector XDD

By the way, I also would shot at Cena and his twisty belt :D

I didn't even know until this thread that Cena had a spinner on his belt... that just makes me dislike him even more. :rolleyes:

Acantilado
04-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Then I hope you don't hear about his rhymes (ooopsss, I've told... )

The Faceless Master
04-25-2006, 09:04 AM
I TRIED to watch RAW last night, caught the part where
Shane was supposed to fight Shawn Michaels

why does Vince have to walk down the ramp like that? :confused:
I caught a glimpse of that & changed the chanel

he needs to take acting lessons

ttfndude
04-26-2006, 07:22 AM
I have been a wrestling fanatic since the eeeeaaaarly 80's. I would get to watch wrestling at like one in the morning as a five year old cause that's when it was on in our area. I watched WWF/WWE, USWA, NWA/WCW and a couple more area ones. I never stopped until I saw what Vince was doing with the WCW roster he bought because I liked them better than WWE as it was getting to far from what I cared to watch. I watched until about 2003 reg than I PVR'd it once in a while and fast forwarded the crap leaving about half an hour of viewing. Than after Eddie died I didn't see anyone worth watching anymore so for the first time since it's inseption I didn't even watch Wrestlemania. I did watch TNA's Lockdown and it was awesome. I was talking to Steve Borden (my favorite wrestler) a while back about when I started watching his career and such and we got to talk about the old days which was cool and now that he(Sting) is in TNA I watch it ever week and I see a lot of similarities to the 1990 WCW, I believe they will soon be huge and stay that way as long as the personalities they get are worth it and there is no upper management bickering. But as far as WWE is concerned.....Vince who?

ttfndude

scm
04-27-2006, 08:33 PM
been a wwe fan since the 80's

code red shockwave
04-27-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm a WWE and a TNA fan. My favorite underrated WWE wrestler is Gregory Helms and my favorite underrated TNA wrestler is Simon Diamond, while my favorite overrated WWE wrestler is Shawn Michaels, with my favorite overrated TNA wrestler Christian.

The Faceless Master
05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
do they still have Survivor Series?

for some reason i started reminiscing the good ol days in the late 80s
early 90s when groups of 4 would battle each other for elimination

what ever happened to Vader? he went to the WWE but I only saw him
a coupla times...
what ever happened to Diesel aka Steve Nash?

Patrick A. Riley
05-09-2006, 01:31 PM
do they still have Survivor Series?
for some reason i started reminiscing the good ol days in the late 80s
early 90s when groups of 4 would battle each other for elimination

Yes. Every year since 1987
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Series

what ever happened to Vader? he went to the WWE but I only saw him a coupla times...
He got out of shape and his injuries caught up with him and he left the then-WWF in 1998 and went to Japan. He made a couple appearances in WWE in late 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_vader

what ever happened to Diesel aka Steve Nash?That was Kevin Nash (someone has the NBA MVP on his mind ;))
He has been in TNA as of late.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_nash

Isn't Wikipedia great! :D

Patrick A. Riley
05-09-2006, 01:38 PM
why does Vince have to walk down the ramp like that? :confused:
I caught a glimpse of that & changed the chanel

Because he's a jackass. It's just an exaggerated walk to make him look (even more) arrogant and cocky

devilcat
05-09-2006, 02:29 PM
A friend of mine (huge wrestling fan) said since Brock Lesnar only made the practise squad in pro football he's going to enter some form of cage fighting, I believe he said K1, Anyone else hear this?

The Faceless Master
05-09-2006, 03:19 PM
That was Kevin Nash (someone has the NBA MVP on his mind ;))
ACKH, yah you're right
I've been watching this years playoffs, they've been good!!
altho i dont think Steve-O deserved this years MVP ~ thats for the
other thread :o

ttfndude
05-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Yeah Kevin has been on TNA and will have the second part of an interview aired this Thursday. Check it out. I too get nostalgic but I have dozens of tapes to help that and I just pop one in of course it sucks their tapes because my old stuff is getting worn out from use...they are 20 years old:eek: As for Brock he is wrestling and has a feud going with A-Train both are using the F-5 but call it something diff. Brock calls his "the verdict" now, since wwe has the F-5 trademarked. Vince just comes of retarded not cocky. I really like Shane though he just freakin rocks when he is in there. Tagging with his dad though might kill that. Did you guys see Maven on the surreal Life, man talk about a lot of misused young talent. I liked watching that tough enough. I guess Vince can keep dumpin his new talent that could become something and TNA will keep picking them up their loss, our gain. Remember when the female wrestlers could actually wrestle???? Valets were just that, valets????? Now those were the days...

ttfndude