Stepping down at the end of January [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Stepping down at the end of January

Jeff Bohn
01-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I’m stepping down from the webstaff at the end of January due (mostly) to my own time constraints. More announcements should follow in the next couple weeks as I discuss duties with the remaining webstaff.

Over the next couple weeks I’ll be finishing up a couple things I’m working on (including the Breaker Feature Character Spotlight and working on more of Dan’s submissions), and hope to have everything cleared up by the time I leave.

Where am I going? Well, nowhere really. I’ll still be collecting G.I.Joe. I just won’t be working on a website, giving me more time to pursue some of my other interests and pay more attention to my family.

I’ll still be around to help the webstaff with any questions they have, and will still post regularly on the boards.

Thanks for everyone’s help over the last couple years,

Jeff Bohn

RAS ONE J
01-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Wow..thanks for all the time and updates you did with the website and forum much appreciated. You definitely need a break.

thanks,

Jason

Obiwanjacoby
01-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Crap!

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!

You'll be a tough act to follow.

Responsive, reliable, and responsible. That's what you were!

-PJ

rodney
01-12-2005, 05:38 PM
thanks for all your time Jeff! and for making this an awesome website...good luck in your pursuits, YoJoe

Patrick A. Riley
01-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Your professional work on the main site will be missed, but it's good you'll still be on the board :)

dmooretoys
01-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Crap!

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!

You'll be a tough act to follow.

Responsive, reliable, and responsible. That's what you were!

-PJ
I second that, PJ. Jeff is awesome and the regular updates make this the best Joe website on the net.

I can't help but feel a little guilty as I know all of my posts have created a lot of extra work for you, Jeff. Take a break--it is well-deserved and you have definitely earned it.

One question--will someone be added to the staff to replace Jeff? Yojoe has a lot of members and I know with our busy lives the staff can be overwhelmed at times. I guess the real question I am asking is can I still submit pictures of items for the archives?

Take care, Jeff.

Dan Moore

bluebikerboy1
01-12-2005, 08:07 PM
jeff looks like we need to go over the company exit procedures. pg 29 section 6b of the employee handbook. and i quote........
upon exiting th company employee must do the following....
1. give a 6 month writin notice
2. give a 3 month verbal notice
3. buy all employed employees gi joes as a going away gesture.
4. ask permision from all board and get a 100 percent approval.
5. learn the gi joe theme song and provide a vid clip of you singing and dancing to it.
6.verify with bluebikerboy1 that all above has been done and get permision to exit company.

you havnt done 5 yet jeff. bad boy

GungHo
01-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Jeff, I too would like to say Thank You for your efforts here at YoJoe. You've been a HUGE help to this site.....and will be missed as an administrator.

Graz73
01-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Enjoy the extra time with your family. You'll be a hard person to replace.

JeffreyKabal
01-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Do you stay Site admin?
If you're still going to use the board frequently it might come out handy and usefull.
Maybe you could only stay admin and leave webbuilding to someone else.

joehunter
01-13-2005, 10:34 AM
You'll be missed Jeff. You have been one of the factors that made this board as wonderful as it is today.

crimson tide
01-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Well all I can say Jeff is enjoy the rest. Make the most of your free time and live it up. You've been a great site administrator, those will be some hard shoes to fill.

Ridureyu
01-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Wow - your work here will really be missed. Try not to disappear totally, ok?

Cesspool
01-13-2005, 06:09 PM
You'll be sorely missed.

Thank you for work here.

Out of all the people I've seen online you're one of the few I admire due to the amount good work you've done here.

Without this website I doubt my collecting would be as fun.

Yo Joe!!!

Druss
01-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Sorry to see you go Jeff!

One question for future though, what other changes will we see? More staff for the boards hopefully?

Pete The Greek
01-13-2005, 08:50 PM
You did a great job of being apart of the team to clean up some of the mess. You will be missed.

AVAC
01-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Jeff you have done an awesome job managing the site, keeping things updated, and being another friendly face on the board. Sorry to hear you are stepping down but do enjoy the extra time you will have. I am glad to hear you are not totally leaving us and look forward to seeing you post away like the rest of us green shirts.

bluebikerboy1
01-24-2005, 05:24 PM
all joking aside you have done great work. this site is what got me into collecting again. You will be missed. be sure to train dockingbay well before you go:D
thanks for the work

thorn
01-24-2005, 06:31 PM
well thanks for your service,
what would we do without you guys who run the boards?

Yo Joe!

code red shockwave
01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Man I'm gonna miss you Jeff. The board won't be the same without you, that's for sure. :(

ShadowSnake
01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh, the end of the (yojoe) world is near. Good God how can you leave dockingbay in charge? Please say you have reprogrammed his mind with the way things should be!!!!!!! PLEASEE!!!!!!!!!! lol

In all seriousness...great job man, and am glad to hear your sticking around, and secretly watching us and reporting back to the higher powers (dockingbay). lol

Have fun with your free time, and dockingbay man, dont worry, your an excellent person to be in charge. I think. LOL

JK
Dave

bluebikerboy1
01-24-2005, 10:10 PM
um before this goes any further i was being sarcastic when i said dockingbay needs to be trained well (its my sense of humor i know). i have no idea if hes getting the job or not.

so i am squishing this before a rumor starts.

Recondo
01-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Jeff, thanks for everything you've done for the online Joe community man.. which of course include YoJoe, but stretches across every other forum as well. I really mean that man.. indirectly you've done more for more people's enjoyment of the hobby than you'll probably ever know.

Even though you'll not be "staff", I hope to still see you around. I plan to get together a "WI/area Joe fan" meeting sometime in perhaps late 2005 (maybe Mad-town, etc) & you'd be the event's "celebrity" if you could come. We can talk more about that later.. but anyway, my point is that I hope that your stepping down from an admin role won't affect anything else Joe-wise.

Feel free to stop in and say "hi" at the TOC ( http://p221.ezboard.com/bmagnumtoc )too man. It would be an honor to BS with you there. You're always welcome (as is anyone else). Peace. :)

evan511
01-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks for your help with the site.

Ann G
01-25-2005, 01:57 PM
you and your enthusiasm will be missed as far as being staff goes..but I am glad you are sticking around the hobby still.

Richard J.
01-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Jeff,

Thank you for your hard work and dedication toward this site and we humble users. Hope you enjoy the extra free time and family time. You will be missed!

Thanks for everything!

Richard J.

thorn
01-29-2005, 04:30 PM
The Breaker Feature Character is excellent, just checked it out.

Thanks Jeff!

CGC
01-29-2005, 05:42 PM
I haven't been around too long, but I think it's safe to say you'll be missed.

Sure has been a lot of turnaround lately, huh?

gunslingercbr
01-29-2005, 06:30 PM
farewell and following seas, Jeff. your tireless and positive contribution to the Joe community will be sorely missed.

danielmd06
01-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I've been checking the Archives since 1998. They were fantastic then and even better now--a true testament to your excellent efforts! I am very new to these forums but I think it is safe to say that you did a fantastic bit of work! Thanks for helping to make this site so great.

Daniel

Bobskink
01-31-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm going to miss your cool fanart you made for the carater spotlights.
Enjoy yourself with al the extra time

gsmiley007
01-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication

You will be missed.

GBPackRat
02-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Enjoy the new free time and I wish you the best Jeff...

We'll miss you, and hope you stick around and still post.

You did a great time on the rough times we've had here.

Keep in touch,
Tanner

cobra_egg
02-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Goodbye Jeff.

I've not been a member here too long & I've only been using this site a short while but I was directed to this site by a few good buddies of mine who swear by this site. They have been using this site & all it's knowledge since early 2000 and I've got to say thanks for all the time & hard work you've put into this site so many, many other fans all over the world are able to chat, meet, trade & generally feel like a real 'Joe'/'Cobra'!

You'll be missed but you'll still be around which is reassuring to hear! Good luck with your future & enjoy your time as it's precious.

A very greatful Cobra_Egg(Louis)!

james strickland
02-06-2005, 12:38 AM
jeff with all of the work you did here lets hope you don't forgert us.