Unidentified patch [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Unidentified patch

BelgianGabber
01-19-2005, 05:37 AM
Maybe it's in the archive already but I was unable to find it. If it's the wrong category I appologize but I don't know if this was available in the States because we had fan clubs here...

It's about this patch you can see attached. Where does it come from? I want to know more about this. I've got two lying around and I'm curious about it :)

Obiwanjacoby
02-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Wow. . .that's wicked cool! I've never seen a patch like that before. You're already aware the emblem is from the '83 Skystriker of course.

But I haven't been able to find it on the archives. Congrats! You might have found something to contribute!

-PJ

BelgianGabber
02-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Yeah I couldn't find it either. I got it from the guy I got the other mail-ins from so it's also from the Gi joe Club Belgium...

Thanks for your input PJ, I'll contact the webmaster...

Blitzwingz
02-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I'v got the same patch, and I know Bobskink just won a couple of them on Ebay. He's Belgian, I'm Dutch. Maybe it's somekind of Euro-exclusive?

BelgianGabber
02-05-2005, 07:45 PM
That could well be. The guy I got it from had a nephew that worked for the Benelux (Belgium - Netherlands - Luxemburg) Hasbro fanclub. I think it was a special devision that had stuff that wasn't available in the States. There is paperwork I got that was only available here and so on...

JeffreyKabal
02-06-2005, 05:09 PM
I had the same one a couple of years ago.
Lost it I guess.
Can't remember where it came from. I wasn't a member of the fan club. I did order Steel Brigade once. Perhaps we were able to get it with a vehicle or something. Just an extra.
If you want I can give it a shot at Hasbro.nl for you? I've had contact with them several times.

dmooretoys
02-11-2005, 01:22 PM
I just won one of these patches and a pin from Belgium. Here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5953599508&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Does anyone have information about the pin? I am assuming these are both fan club items but I don't know for sure. I'll ask the seller and if I get any additional information I will let you know.

Dan

JeffreyKabal
02-12-2005, 08:21 AM
It was from the fanclub indeed.
But according to the information I have it was only avaible in Belgium.
If someone can proof me wrong, let me know.