View Full Version : ebay bid cancelled by suspension - a new one for me

thorn
01-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Please be advised that the following auction:

5950165712 - Vintage Yoda MIP

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller.
All results for this auction are null and void.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

i just got my ebay bill at the same time.
you guys think ebay is yanking people who dont pay their bills right away now?
very weird . completely GOne from ebay, the listing doesnt show up at all, not even as "cancelled"

drveovru2
01-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Hmm...

I had this happen to me, I owed them like 2 dollars, I thought i had paid it and thought the emails from them were scams. I got emails for about a month and this was when all the ebay and paypal scams were first coming out.

They reinstated the account as soon as i paid. if they completly eliminated this person, they must of owed alot.

I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't apaying due to the price hike. i heard someghing about not listing any new auctions the first week of the hike.. some movement by power sellers who wanted to show ebay that they didnt appreciate the price hike.

back on topic

when mine was cancelled everything still showed up and it was easy to relist. maybe they are complete removing them so they cant relist them so easily. maybe they want to prove a point about paying your bill.

i hope they are not becoming so heavy handed on people.

bluebikerboy1
01-20-2005, 02:32 PM
i think its funnythat after they are getting heat for the price increase that they want to upset you by cancelling for owing a few bucks. i personaly dont have that problem. if i forget to pay i have it set that they get it through paypal automatically.

another reason the look into wagglepop maybe???

bigklop
01-20-2005, 03:25 PM
i think its funnythat after they are getting heat for the price increase that they want to upset you by cancelling for owing a few bucks. i personaly dont have that problem. if i forget to pay i have it set that they get it through paypal automatically.

another reason the look into wagglepop maybe???

I think it's funny how people are assuming this member was suspended for owing a couple of bucks even though they don't have a clue......

I checked this sellers account and trust me, they were not closed down for owing money. I can't get into it, but there were PLENTY of......previous infractions. accounts can be closed due to non-payment, but it takes at least a month and plenty of emails sent out.....but you'll get that anywhere you go.

and as an employee I was just as suprised by the price increase as anyone was. I think it's a great idea for sellers to maybe protest by not listing as we are sifting through thousands of angry emails everyday because of this. I believe in eBay and the management, and I know for a fact they do listen. We have reversed fees and/or new features in the past, so who knows what will happen because of the price increase.......

drveovru2
01-20-2005, 06:52 PM
not trying to thread jack, but having said that

i dont wish for ebay to close down.. i dont want anymore people unemployed , but i do want another prosperous auction site. that way competition keeps the fees down. I am sure there is a different forum for the discussion about ebay and there coroprate waste. i have been reading alot of analysts views on ebay and them not making the 4th quarter predictions. anyone with there stock took a 20% dive, but the dive is not associated with the fee increase, although if the 2005 1st and 2nd quarters are drop below analysts predictions, i would think it has to do with people leaving for another auction website.. overstock.com is offering a 10 dollar credit to people who sign up on the day ebay increases there fees.( i read this and havent verified ,but it was from the wall street journal)

just got of on a tangent.

thorn
01-20-2005, 08:07 PM
I checked this sellers account and trust me, they were not closed down for owing money. I can't get into it, but there were PLENTY of......previous infractions. accounts can be closed due to non-payment, but it takes at least a month and plenty of emails sent out.....but you'll get that anywhere you go.

ahhhh, ok i had a feeling, but had no way to find out.

i like the idea of people not listing the first week of fee hikes.
i dont want ebay to go away either, but they are starting to take advantage of us

they have too much control over the net auction business,

and much of Ebay's own $$ problems i would bet can be attributed to the same over borrowing over spending nonsense that runs too many publicly traded companies into the ground.
the bosses still rake in millions, but now need to also come up with $$ for shareholders,
and once a company has shareholders, THEY are job 1 , not the customers.