Can you edit a thread title? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Can you edit a thread title?

dockingbay97
01-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Some people have a hard time editing the title to a thread they started but it seems like others can do it fine.

Since the board looks a little different to me (more options), can anyone who has been able to edit their thread title share it with the rest of the board?

thanks!

Patrick A. Riley
01-20-2005, 08:23 PM
I had this problem. The thread, with the title I couldn't edit, was a few months old. I guess that had something to do with it.

The problem is that when you go to edit the title, it only edits the title that is seen above the first post (where it is always put by default when you first create the thread), but not the text in the title used for the link

I was just able to edit the title of a 3 day-old thread I started and it changed the link text as well

On another message board, which uses vBulletin Version 3.0.0, I was unsuccessful in my attempt to edit the title link of a thread I started which was only a day old! It edited the title in the post, but not the link (Same problem I had with the old thread here)

I don't know about the configuration of these boards, so I don't know if you can change any settings or not. The only thing I can think of is when you reply to any thread (not using Quick Reply) you have the option of including a title for your own post, but that title does not affect the title of the entire thread. Maybe there is a conflict or something in those settings

I asked you to change a title once, but you had the same problem I did and were unsuccessful as well

drveovru2
01-20-2005, 08:54 PM
i think i remember seeing a title that said "delete me" i cant remember who it was, but i would think that whom ever it was edited the title.

dockingbay97
01-21-2005, 12:22 AM
i think i remember seeing a title that said "delete me" i cant remember who it was, but i would think that whom ever it was edited the title.

I have seen several of these so that is why I assume at least one person knows.

My guess is you just edit the first post in your thread - that is how it works for me.

Ann G
01-21-2005, 01:05 AM
I edited the title in the Curtis Letson good trader thread ...it was Big Fan good trader.

Meh..maybe the board is just fickle about who can and can't edit titles...silly computers ;)

Bobskink
01-21-2005, 05:29 AM
My guess is you just edit the first post in your thread - that is how it works for me.
That is what i do, but nothing hapens

drveovru2
01-21-2005, 06:08 AM
I think it only works for american members ( only joking)

actually you have to read all the harry potter books to learn the secret spell used to edit titles.

this is a very random problem for people... things that make you go hmmmm?? (scratches head)

I really should of got some sleep tonight.. i have wasted way to much bandwith on way too many boards..

tdutton17
02-16-2005, 06:55 PM
I have been wondering about this. I have a title that I want to edit. Ill check again if I can do it but last time I checked I couldn't change it.