Portland, Oregon sightings [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Portland, Oregon sightings

Rotty
01-23-2005, 02:48 AM
As of Saturday, January 22nd, the Wal-Mart at 4200 SE 82nd is receiving shipments of VvV Wave 5 (Troop Builders). Presumably you'll find this is also true of the other Portland Wal-Marts. Those of you interested in accumulating Viper/Tele-Viper and/or BAT/BAT packs now have another chain of retailers to hit! If you're looking for Jungle Strike Hummvees, Fred Meyer has just started restocking the Bravo assortment that includes them.

willie&joe
01-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Any sign of wave 6 anywhere in Oregon yet? Wave 5's been down here (eugene) for a few weeks now.

Rotty
01-31-2005, 01:55 AM
Any sign of wave 6 anywhere in Oregon yet? Wave 5's been down here (eugene) for a few weeks now.

It's been a while since I've checked TRU, since I prefer to find the figures at Targets, K-Marts, and Wal-Mart, where they're $1.00-1.50 less for a 2-pack. I think I can arrange a trip to the Lloyd Center TRU tomorrow, January 31st for recon. I'll post my finds to this thread.

Super_scrub
02-10-2005, 01:25 AM
I found the new TRU sixpack at the Albany store today. Nothing new at the local Target or Walmart though...

willie&joe
02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Greenshirts in Eugene, too.

willie&joe
02-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Any sign of the new Single Packs at Fred Meyers?

willie&joe
03-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Any sign of anything anywhere?

commandwolf
04-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Just came back from a trip to Oregon...not much new stuff but I did find lots of single carded Wave 3 figs at Fred Meyer. Otherwise mostly Wave 4/5 stuff at Walmarts and Targets. No new vehicles though. I did find one lone Gung-Ho/Viper w-pack in Hillsboro but no other Wave 7. Strange that it would be the last Wave 7 2-pack to go. Oh well. ;)

dasaffe
01-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Alright Oregonians. Let's get a proper sightings thread going here.

I wish I could start it off with more than a general recon report.

Fred Meyer: seems like they've pulled the tags at most locations, but have left space in their planogram for stock to come in later.

Target: seems to be the best bet right now. The higher traffic locations (Mall 205, Jantzen Beach, 185th Tanasbourne) are all getting regular shipments of Wave 5. Sadly, they're also horridly overstocked on comic pack wave 1 figures.

Wal-Mart: I refuse to go here usually because it's normally a bust. I broke my rule last weekend and hit up one in Vancouver. Zero stock. I've heard though that Wal-Mart's the place for comic pack wave 2.

I'm up-to-date on everything except the Breaker/Destro and Dreadnoks comic packs. Plus I'm missing Storm Shadow V2 (camo) and Serpentor (don't think I want him).

Anybody else?

willie&joe
01-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Just found wave 2 comic packs at Wally World plus some remnants of wave 4. Everywhere else down here seems to be a ghost town though. Haven't checked Target lately but I'm up to date on everything that I want now.

dasaffe
01-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey, thanks to the smart mod that combined my thread with this one.

So Willie&Joe has Eugene covered, and I'm working Portland. Anybody else out there?

In my experience, central Oregon is on a different cycle than up here. Eugene seems to get stuff sooner, and the Wal-Marts in Portland are pretty useless.

dasaffe
01-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Wave 4 is hitting hard at Targets. Jantzen Beach and Mall 205 both had the better half of a case each today.

Also of note, Mall 205 Target was out of comic packs, and the tag had the little silver sticker on it (that means re-order, right?). I hope Wave 2 hits soon enough.

dasaffe
01-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Few figures on the rack at Tanasbourne (185th) Target. I saw Shipwreck, Stalker (all fixed), Red Ninja, Zartan and Beach Head, but no Wave 4/5.

The (Wave 1) comic packs are still plentiful, unfortunately.

willie&joe
02-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Found all Comic Pack Wave 3 at Freddy's over the weekend. I passed on Wild Weasel and Ace though. I don't like and have no use for Ace. I figured I could pick up WW loose from someone. The next day I realised that was a stupid decision. I should have brought my wife along, shes the one that pointed out that I could always unload Ace on someone who wants him. When I went back they were gone though. D'oh!
Freddy's was having an action figure sale too. 25% off. Oh well.

willie&joe
02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
UPDATE.... (insert Unsolved Mystery music here)

Went back to that same Freddys today and they had Wave 3 comic packs again. This time 2 of each. I was smart this time and bought Wild Weasel. So no more crying.

Also not all Fred Meyers seem to carry GI Joe stuff. But the one I go too is fairly reliable.

Sale is still going on as well.

dasaffe
03-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Bi-Mart is carrying the line. I found a fresh case of Wave 3 (Rev 3) Comic Packs at the Forest Grove location yesterday.

I picked up the Noks and the Twins.

Also, folks on Hisstank are reporting that Wave 6 is showing up at TRU in the Portland area.

Happy hunting.