ninja battles a new movie? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : ninja battles a new movie?

thorn
01-25-2005, 05:06 PM
what is the deal with that? is it a clip thing of ninja battles, a new movie, or is it VvV and i am seeing it wrong?
havent found the set in person yet.

Michael
01-25-2005, 09:45 PM
It is mainly a bunch of borrowed clips from the last two cgi movies. The back of the dvd describes it (28 min long if I remember right) I have seen these in the store but didn't pick it up ($14.78) there is a little bit of new stuff added at the end though

notpicard
01-25-2005, 09:53 PM
There is just a bit of old material in there. Almost the whole beginning looks like it was animated in flash or something. It is almost like the images are still with a few motion effects to fake some animation. The amount of new CGI animation is very short (but done rather well), but considering the fact that sooooo much is packed in that set for $15, the DVD imo was a steal.

I regard this set as something Hasbro put out almost as a gift to current fans and an incentive to attract possible fans. Much like the Value Zone set, it just feels like they could have charged more but didn't. I love the fact that they seem to do that now and then.

This set would be an ideal gift for a kid who has no Joes. A playset, a new comic, a new DVD, and 5 figures...it has all you need to be occupied for several hours.

odinson999
01-26-2005, 01:42 PM
I wasn't expecting much, but the DVD was kinda cool. The ninjas and setting pieces are the center of my ninjas on display.

(i so need a cmaera to show this off!!!))