what happened to Serpentor [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : what happened to Serpentor

hero25
01-27-2005, 12:09 AM
I have not really been into GI Joe since 86 but recently started collecting Cobra Commander stuff and a few 82-86 joes. I remember Serpentor from the cartoons and I always hated him. I was just wondering what Happened to him? I don' remember.

Please forgive me of my ignorance. But I am very curious what happened to him.

Bryon
01-27-2005, 12:28 PM
In the cartoons, Serpentor crawled out of the story in the 1989 DIC miniseries "Operation Dragon Fire." Remember that Cobra Commander had been turned into a snake at the end of GI JOE: The Movie? Well, CC returns and his troops (with the help of undercover Joes Scoop and Low Light) capture Serpentor. CC turns Serpentor into an iguana and Serpy crawls away.

In the comic books, Serpentor and CC have a civil war on Cobra Island. Zartan is on the side of CC. Zartan shoots Serpentor in the eye with an arrow. Serpentor dies, but Dr. Mindbender keeps his body on ice in a freighter.

rea1180
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Firefly then escapes from the frieghter after bludgeoning the head of serpenter's body and putting his clothing on it. Then in the DD series Serpentor is cloned once again takes over Cobra untill another civil war removes him from power again. Now he his currently being "kept on ice" so to speak by the U.S. goverment.

JeffreyKabal
01-27-2005, 04:57 PM
just burn him, and get rid of him forever :)

CC all the way!

hero25
01-27-2005, 06:07 PM
just burn him, and get rid of him forever :)

CC all the way!

Amen to that!!!!

mack31
01-28-2005, 12:05 PM
i 2nd that i hate serpentor in a.s.a. he was mighty in the movie all he did was call nemesis enforcer help me but he was so powerful in a.s.a. cc forever

danielmd06
01-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Ya know, I hated Serpentor more than probably anyone in the 80's. I was a huge Cobra Commander fan and in my mind Serpentor completely ruined the cartoon (and didn't exactly help the comic out--Zartan did a good deed at the end of the Cobra Civil War). But I have to confess that DDP has done an excellent job of incorporating him into the new series. I really liked the whole "Boys From Brazil" style of the story arc invloving those children. Seems like with new technology being what it is, clones aren't as farfetched as they were in say, 1986-7. Of course, the best part of all was when Cobra Commander tossed him the plastic explosive-lined helmet before knocking him over the edge of that cliff. :D