I believe that this is whats happening [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : I believe that this is whats happening

assassin
01-27-2005, 07:54 PM
i already posted this at joe reloaded
here is what i think is happening

Cobra will take a large missile strike and though they will not
die necessarily they will go into the background as the new enemy terrorist faction the red shadows comes to the forefront as the enemy
the new "continuity" will in fact be gi joe vs the red shadows
as opposed to gi joe vs cobra
general rey is quoted as describing the new team as
"stronger.faster.harder to track." etcc i believe these will be the characteristics that are supposed to allow the new team to fight the red shadows "harder to track" the ppl who were assassinated were easy to find
so yeah i'm sure you know what i am trying to say
gi joe as we know it will now be gi joe ,reys 12 man team
the cobra agents will disappear for a short period of time
but i am sure they will return gi joe is not gi joe without cobra so they will
only take a temporary hiatus to regroup
the rise of the red shadows as a new threat may also be a reason for the cobra leadership to work otu there differences and work together again

anyways these are jsut my theories

i am quite hoping its done well
and we can see sooner or later a massive brawl between
all factions or see SE and SS portrayed as the warriors they are supposed to be instead of the ninja who gets his visor handed to him all the time

but ya thats enough of my blathering

MikePrime
01-27-2005, 08:35 PM
I got issue #39 yesterday. After reading it, what you said is basically what I've been thinking too. The comic will continue, but it will also be different.

mukkidog
01-28-2005, 06:19 AM
And we all know how resistant to change the human animal is, don't we? (just read the hysteria swamping so many boards right now!)

Chuplayer
01-28-2005, 11:06 AM
That's pretty much what I've been thinking, too, with General Rey and the small team taking on the new enemy. Not only do I think Cobra will fade into the background, but most of the Joes will, too. But I think they'll both come back after the Red Shadows are defeated or at some appropriate time.

And there's this General Rey. There's so much to be said about him. We have practically no backstory to the guy, and if he's going to be taking over, maybe his backstory will make sense of what's been going on and what's going to happen.

Remember, Hawk is out of the picture and the Jugglers have more influence than ever. What did you think would happen?

As long as they don't drop the continuity or merge it with the Transformers, I can't imagine anything they could to to turn my excitement into disappointment. Things are going to change a lot, and I think taking the Joes into a bold new direction is necessary after 15 years, even if it is only for a little while.

Mr.MojoRisin
01-28-2005, 06:07 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Rey is Serpentor. I think DD just needs to fire it's writers and rethink this.

Chuplayer
01-28-2005, 10:04 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Rey is Serpentor. I think DD just needs to fire it's writers and rethink this.

I thought Rey looked familiar! I think you just might be right!

assassin
01-29-2005, 09:20 AM
its not really that he looks like serpentor
its more the way he speaks
if you look at 39 and then look at serpentor in the 20's
they're way of speaking is so similiar

assassin
01-29-2005, 09:22 AM
whoopsies
THEIR way of speaking

Mr.MojoRisin
01-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Plus the fact that the Jugglers were shown to have Serpentors body and said that they can use him. Than like 2 issues later, Rey shows up.

MikePrime
01-29-2005, 06:12 PM
I see what you are saying. Rey could be the Serpentor clone, from the way he is so sure of his leadership and tactics. However, what if he turns out not to be bad at all. Some might think that he is going to be a mere puppet of the Jugglers. What if he is simply a sane Serpentor who has all of the good aspects of being a military commander?

assassin
01-30-2005, 11:51 AM
the way i see it
any more serpentor clones is kinda ridiculous
its all about clones these days
clone this clone that
i am hoping for the characters popularity's sake
that he is NOT a serpentor clone
just a skilled and aggressive general
maybe a challenge to serpentor
but the fact is serpentor is serpentor and one of him is enough
i do quite like serpentors character and i really hope he comes back
but i just don;t wanna see something stupid like
good serpentor vs bad serpentor and such

MikePrime
01-30-2005, 09:17 PM
the way i see it
any more serpentor clones is kinda ridiculous
its all about clones these days
clone this clone that
i am hoping for the characters popularity's sake
that he is NOT a serpentor clone
just a skilled and aggressive general
maybe a challenge to serpentor
but the fact is serpentor is serpentor and one of him is enough
i do quite like serpentors character and i really hope he comes back
but i just don;t wanna see something stupid like
good serpentor vs bad serpentor and such

But that would be the beauty of it. If it is Serpentor, but he was 100% good guy, it would completely different from other stories. It would be great. The Joes would be like, "Sure he's a clone of Serpentor, but he's really nice and is an excellent military commander."