View Full Version : Crazy Seattle Star Wars fans are at it again

dockingbay97
01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
The crazy Seattle Star Wars fans are at it again.

As some of you know, somehow Seattle became a hot spot for SW fans. We have a high concentration of extreme Star Wars collectors from Gus Lopez of toysrgus fame to Vic & Lisa of Paizo to a lot of other high end collectors.

Then we are famous for the crazies who get into line for the movies months in advance and they are back at it.....

http://waitingforstarwars.blogspot.com/

I really have to question anyone who does this. It seems to me like a desperate attempt for attention - to be on tv and on print.

I want to see the movie too but I am not going to stand in line for five months.

And then on that site he is even trying to sell souvenir items for his wait.

Really sad IMO

carnage717
01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Why would anyone want to sit in line for 5 months, thats just stupid. I can see going a day early if your that die hard of a star wars fan. I agree that hes just trying to get some attention. But there are other ways to get attention besides sitting outside a movie theatre for 5 months. I mean its not like hes going to be the first person to see the movie. The poor guy is 3 time zones away from when the first person will probabl will see the movie. Thankfully this is the last star wars movie so idiots like this can get one with their life instead of being an unproductive lump sitting on a couch.

Brad

My Generation Toys
01-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I completely agree... what doofus. There's no reason to start this now.

To quote Full Metal Jacket, "Didn't mommy and daddy give you enough attention!?"

bigklop
01-28-2005, 10:01 AM
yeah man, clearly a "look at me!!!!!!" ploy. 5 months though??? thats a TAD extreme. personally I have this rare ability to wait a day or two or even a week after a hot new movie comes out to avoid the initial rush;)

carnage717
01-28-2005, 10:06 AM
I ususally try to make it on opening day just for the fact that ive been to just to every other star wars movie on opening day. Ive been to the opening days of Empire Strikes back, Return of the Jedi, all 3 of the remakes, Episode 1 and 2. I saw star wars at the movies when it was out even though i was only 4 years old. I still remember as a kid in the movies when the death star blew up. But theres seriously no need to spend 5 months in line. I mean its not like hes going to set some kind of record or anything, there was already someone who started waiting in line on new years eve. I cant remember which city it was in, but there were 2 people that started then. Still a stupid idead nonetheless.

Brad

killerclown
01-28-2005, 10:30 AM
someone forgot to tell him that the opening was delayed 3 months!

thunt4
01-28-2005, 11:12 AM
It would be funny if 1 day before the movie opened when he was sleeping if a few guys would carry his couch and him to another block then he would not be first anymore.5 months is retarded.

sinnister
01-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Personally I think they really need to take a break and have a long look at their life. If you are obsessing over something so bad that you are willing to waste 5 months of your life to wait outside a theatre to see a movie that will last a few hours there is something seriously wrong. What is going to happen to these people after this movie? GL already said he was not going to release any more movies although it was once rumored that he was going to make 7-9. Don't get me wrong...I'm a star wars freak myself but I have a family and a job that comes first and foremost. I think it's cool to be a fan/freak about something...but when you start obsessing over it then I think there is something else missing from your life. Hate to use this saying but it works....get a life.

Snake-eyes01
01-28-2005, 11:52 AM
I wonder if he'd make it in the Guinness Book Of World Records for "Longest time waiting in line for a movie"? Seriously, does anyone know what's the longest someone has waited for a movie?

review-this
01-28-2005, 11:55 AM
the dude needs a life.
i wont start camping until four months away...loser

sinnister
01-28-2005, 12:01 PM
the dude needs a life.
i wont start camping until four months away...loser

hahahahaha, too funny man!

Snake-eyes01
01-28-2005, 03:56 PM
What is the longest anyone here has waited in line for a movie? I think the logest I've ever waited was 2-3 hours for Spider-Man, SW Episode 1 & 2, & yes, even Independence Day! C'mon guys, you know you waited in line for that movie too! :D

crimson tide
01-28-2005, 04:07 PM
The crazy Seattle Star Wars fans are at it again.

As some of you know, somehow Seattle became a hot spot for SW fans. We have a high concentration of extreme Star Wars collectors from Gus Lopez of toysrgus fame to Vic & Lisa of Paizo to a lot of other high end collectors.

Then we are famous for the crazies who get into line for the movies months in advance and they are back at it.....

http://waitingforstarwars.blogspot.com/

I really have to question anyone who does this. It seems to me like a desperate attempt for attention - to be on tv and on print.

I want to see the movie too but I am not going to stand in line for five months.

And then on that site he is even trying to sell souvenir items for his wait.

Really sad IMO

Lol!!:D That reminds me of this good friend of mine who waited outside the theatre here in Garden City, KS for a week for opening of SW episode 2. He took a leave of absence from work just so he could do it, even made the front page of our paper. I told him that if he would have just went a couple hours before, he still would have been the first person in!! Garden City is extremely small (34,000) compared to Seatle, it just makes me laugh everytime I think about it. :D

dockingbay97
01-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I cut my teeth on big cities with Chicago so Seattle seems like a backwater hick town most of the time. So eager to be big but never quite succeeds.

For Ep2 the guys waiting in line made pretty much all the national news. At least there were two of them last time. I wonder what happened to his friend....

thebigzakbowski
01-28-2005, 06:05 PM
hey guys thats me on the couch I love star wars and I'll be waiting in the front of the line while some sucker will show up in like 3 months and get stuck being second......wonder if i can just bring my couch into the theatre?

bigdaddydestro
01-28-2005, 06:35 PM
hey guys thats me on the couch I love star wars and I'll be waiting in the front of the line while some sucker will show up in like 3 months and get stuck being second......wonder if i can just bring my couch into the theatre?

No need to take your couch into the theatre. I have Episode III right here:

http://www.sequentialpictures.com/moviestarwarsepisode3.html

rated PG-13 for crude humor

red25thta
01-28-2005, 06:41 PM
What is the longest anyone here has waited in line for a movie? I think the logest I've ever waited was 2-3 hours for Spider-Man, SW Episode 1 & 2, & yes, even Independence Day! C'mon guys, you know you waited in line for that movie too! :D

I really did not wait in line for Independence day. I went first thing that morning with a friend of mine. We bought the tickets. Then showed up about 30 min's before it started to play some vid games and get our snacks. Still got 1/2 decent seats on the side (where I prefer anyways).

But I think i am going to go sit in line now for this. I am without a job (not by choice) and maybe this will help (lmao).

Ok someone shoot me and get it over with.

Instead of waiting for him to go to sleep. I think his friends sould spike his drink and then move him. Now those would be some good friends! (If he has any?)

And think about it. Besides time zones you got all the people who pre-view the movies at the threater and the preview audience and all the post production people.

thorn
01-28-2005, 07:59 PM
so i want to know when number two lines up.
geez, what do you think, about the first 30 people at least will have no problem getting excellent seats, and many after that will be totally fine.

where is the need behind this stupid move?

this guy should be tomatoed, berated, and have funny signs hung on him while he sleeps!
heheh

review-this
01-28-2005, 08:23 PM

rated PG-13

that is funny, everyone needs to check that out

Obiwanjacoby
01-28-2005, 08:27 PM
One half of me wants to visit on a day trip and volunteer as a place holder while he takes care of his morning routine like bathing & stuff (actually, I'm shocked that the dude keeps himself clean). Not your typical loser fanboy trait.

The OTHER half wants to rent a black van and kidnap him a few hours before the movie starts.

Then boot him out in Everett or something! :p

-PJ

thebigzakbowski
01-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Stop leaving your garbage in everett drop him off somewhere like aberdeen

Obiwanjacoby
01-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Stop leaving your garbage in everett drop him off somewhere like aberdeen

LMAO!!! ROTF!!! That was great! :D

-PJ

sinnister
01-28-2005, 09:08 PM

rated PG-13

OMG!!! Too freakin funny!

The Real Destro
01-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Those people like that guy in the pic..

I would actually pay someone to move them in the middle of the night. Tape it too.

review-this
01-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Those people like that guy in the pic..

I would actually pay someone to move them in the middle of the night. Tape it too.

that would be wrong, but i'd love to see it.
and as an added bonus sell out the movie for it's opening weekend.

that's so bad for me to think that huh?