PM question.. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : PM question..

dmurray
01-28-2005, 09:14 PM
am i the only one thats noticed that there isn't a "reply" button on the private messages anymore? maybe i did something wrong and it changed somehow..:confused:

there is only a "forward" and "quote" buttons now..

did i miss the memo?

Patrick A. Riley
01-28-2005, 09:34 PM
I get the same thing. No PM reply button for me either

sinnister
01-28-2005, 09:42 PM
same here....what's up with that? I just thought I had one too many beers and was going to check it out tomorrow!!

Ann G
01-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Thats odd...I opened up a pm and the reply button was next to the forward button on the bottom of the pm. perhaps it was a fluke..how long has it been doing that?

acmirro
01-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Being looked into. Thanks for the heads up!

sinnister
01-28-2005, 09:54 PM
I just noticed it in the past couple hours Ann...going to check now and see if mine is still doing it

sinnister
01-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Nope...I still have forward and quote...no reply

dmurray
01-28-2005, 10:20 PM
i noticed that it had started doing that yesterday..i just thought they had changed something with the board..:(

sinnister
01-28-2005, 10:45 PM
i noticed that it had started doing that yesterday..i just thought they had changed something with the board..:(

If it is a change I hope it changes back

Ann G
01-28-2005, 10:51 PM
My pms show up giving "forward" and "reply" as options. When I push reply it puts the other guy's pm in the quote brackets. If I don't want the original message quoted I have to delete it or backspace it and after that I just typ type the pm. My "reply" basically works like one of those quick reply things your see on boards.

So for you guys with the "forward" and "quote" at the bottoms of your pms, does it do the same thing as the reply button? When you had a "reply" button, did it quote the other guy's message to you?

sinnister
01-28-2005, 10:54 PM
My pms show up giving "forward" and "reply" as options. When I push reply it puts the other guy's pm in the quote brackets. If I don't want the original message quoted I have to delete it or backspace it and after that I just typ type the pm. My "reply" basically works like one of those quick reply things your see on boards.

So for you guys with the "forward" and "quote" at the bottoms of your pms, does it do the same thing as the reply button? When you had a "reply" button, did it quote the other guy's message to you?

Yes it is doing the same thing. Not a real big deal...just confused me for a minute.

dmurray
01-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes it is doing the same thing. Not a real big deal...just confused me for a minute.

yeah that's what i thought..it's not a big hassle just not used to using it that way..