My guess on the red shadows [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : My guess on the red shadows

Nemesis666
01-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Here is my guess.... the "new villains" red shadows could be the now "rogue" G.I.Joe members:

-Duke
-Scarlett
-Snakes-Eyes
-Storm shadow
and the others who "defected"

Maybe some of you will think it is ridiculous but it would almost make sense. Where were they for the past couple of issues? General Rey would then become somewhat the villain and it will be for our team of heroes to defeat Rey in due time.

Here are siome of my points to support my theory
-They have been absent for the past couple of issues
-I don't see fit in the next issues in the plot with the predicted bombing, cobra casualties etc.
-How could they easilly reintegrate the team now, they are enemies of the Jugglers?
-Rey is the jugglers puppet
-They teamed up with cobra member Storm Shadow (bad with the jugglers)
-Duke seems dedicated to fight off the Jugglers

They are the Red Shadows.... And it would be a more interresting story device then a new villain out of nowhere, well I am not sure about that one but let's wait and see...

danyanda
01-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Also, Snake Eyes is the leader of the renegade Red Ninjas. This is all pure speculation but there's another piece of evidence.

Nemesis666
01-30-2005, 05:37 PM
You got it! The Red Ninjas subplot now has a point (other than getting Hawk angry). G.I.Joe vs G.I.Joe could be the next big plotline.

Like you said, pure speculation but it makes more sense than having the G.I.Joe extreme villains or others.

It would also fit with the shatterred G.I.Joe logo from recent adds.

danyanda
01-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Dude, we're geniuses. Let's invent something.

The Baron
01-31-2005, 06:11 AM
Damn, did anyone ever check out www.bloodforthebaron.com? (Temporarily shagged)

Dreadnok4life
02-01-2005, 02:09 AM
So you really think Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Duke and the rest would kill U.S. soldiers? I don't think so. If they were the new bad guys that is what they would have to do. Not going to happen. GI Joe Vs. GI Joe is a goofy concept.

Antarctica
02-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Seems unlikingly that Snake-eyes would fight Shipwreck, Gung-ho, Grand Slam.

First off none of them would be much of a challenge.

Second, they are his friends for a long time. Easily 20 twenty years.

Doubt this idea.

seaneley
02-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Damn, did anyone ever check out www.bloodforthebaron.com? (http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/?) (Temporarily shagged)

Yo! I'm with ya, Baron! Get that website up and running so everyone in America can know who the true Red Shadows are! ;)

The Baron
02-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Yo! I'm creating a downloadable torrent file right now. Stay tuned.

rodney
02-02-2005, 06:46 AM
hmm i'd like to see snake eyes beat the tar out of rey, but my guess is that the Red Shadows will be a group controlled by "the jugglers" to take out The Gi Joe team. I dont see them being a new terrorist threat, or renegade Gi Joes. But the Jugglers are the men in the shadows pulling strings. Everyones guesses are pretty unlikely. I think Devils Due will come up with something incredibly cool and original, times to have complete faith in them...

Cesspool
02-02-2005, 08:37 AM
I like that theory, they must be gonna do something with the renegade joes.

Maybe the renegades would ended up working by themselves against Cobra without the goverment backing.

willie&joe
02-03-2005, 03:41 PM
So, I know this doesn't have much to do with what you guys are talking about but what exactly are these Red Shadow figures that this new group is borrowing the name from.

antybots
02-03-2005, 07:19 PM
So, I know this doesn't have much to do with what you guys are talking about but what exactly are these Red Shadow figures that this new group is borrowing the name from.

They were what we had in Europe as baddies before Cobra came along. The figures were original, but they did use some repainted GI Joe vehicles and figures (HISS, SNAKE, HAL, Destro, Cobra Commander). They were pretty cool, but limited in articulation, and in the comic they were a lot more bloodthirsty than Cobra. Check out the Action Force section on YOJOE.COM or check out

http://www.actionforce.org/NewWeb/index.html

seaneley
02-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, J. Blaylock did say in his interview (right here on this web-site) that he was keeping the "skull & crossbones" motif, so I am pretty positive that there is a concrete connection to the U.K. "Red Shadows". :)

Dreadnok4life
02-05-2005, 01:56 AM
Well, J. Blaylock did say in his interview (right here on this web-site) that he was keeping the "skull & crossbones" motif, so I am pretty positive that there is a concrete connection to the U.K. "Red Shadows". :)

I think he said the connection is by name only. I'm betting it's just another terrorist organization. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

seaneley
02-05-2005, 02:45 PM
It just seems goofy to make it "like them" but "not them". I mean, they introduced "Asa Negra" from Argentina, for Heaven's sake. Sure, he was already dead, but... it was him. Huh. :rolleyes:

The Baron
06-23-2005, 11:02 PM
The entire Red Shadow storyline and oodles more are now online at www.bloodforthebaron.com. Enjoy!!