Interviews with the Master [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Interviews with the Master

frozen_nd
02-03-2005, 09:06 AM
. .

Obiwanjacoby
02-04-2005, 06:14 PM
LOL! If Blaylock's "The Apprentice", then I just heard The Donald say. . .

"You're fired!" :D:D:D

Related thread:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=19770

-PJ

Phil Kost
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Here is one you missed:

http://www.joereloaded.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671

And my favorite part of the interview:

Joe Reloaded.com: While on the topic of the new comics, what do you think of what Devilís Due has done with your creation?

Larry Hama: Their teams are doing a great job. All characters and concepts need to be recreated for succeeding generations. Everything that doesnít change, stagnates, and stagnation is death.

Obiwanjacoby
02-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Larry Hama: Their teams are doing a great job. All characters and concepts need to be recreated for succeeding generations. Everything that doesnít change, stagnates, and stagnation is death.

And my fave quote, from the same interview: "I havenít actually read a comic in a year or two!" :D

I hope someday LH writes an issue or two of Scrooge McDuck if he hasn't already. I'd really buy that ish. He said in an interview somewhere that that is one title he'd like to write for.

-PJ

Phil Kost
02-04-2005, 08:12 PM
And my fave quote, from the same interview: "I havenít actually read a comic in a year or two!" :D

You are correct, he did say that later in the interview, but the premise of his first answer still stands. Things that do not change esentially die, the toy has evolved over the years and it is time the comic does too.

frozen_nd
02-04-2005, 09:08 PM
. .

Chuplayer
02-04-2005, 09:30 PM

I hope someday LH writes an issue or two of Scrooge McDuck if he hasn't already. I'd really buy that ish. He said in an interview somewhere that that is one title he'd like to write for.

-PJ

Yeah, he's going to be in for a surprise when he finds out about Sean Collins!

And I love how Hama says that he likes what the new Devil's Due GI JOE comics are doing.

Dreadnok4life
02-06-2005, 02:10 AM
Larry Hama was fantastic. I wish he had a long term shot with the Devil's Due series.