Cardback Archive? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cardback Archive?

ThisIs1979
02-04-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm relatively new to this community so I apologize if this has been discussed in the past.

I was wondering if there was ever any talk of adding a cardback archive section to YoJoe.com, much like 12back.com does with Star Wars cardbacks.

I don't know... just a thought.

danielmd06
02-04-2005, 11:18 AM
I am in full agreement with this. As a MOC collector I got burned pretty badly once by a certain toy dealer (who honestly didn't know any better). I was offering buying prices based on whether or not a figure was on a first release cardback. It wasn't. Many dealers and collectors look to this site for hard facts. If there aren't any hard facts on a particular subject like cardback releases then the fans really lose out. The cardback section can have whatever name people select for it but I simply want it to be easily accessible and highly visible so that no other collectors have to learn the hard way as I did.

It makes sense to me to put them under a respective figure's page in the Figure Archives as this is currently where everyone goes first to find out facts on variations and such. Another very good idea which dovetails with your suggestion is to have a unique "Cardback Archive" to go along with the Filecard Archive we already have. This Filecard Archive is accessible via a link from a particular figure's page in the Figure Archive and has proven to be very user-friendly and alot of help to me.

ThisIs1979
02-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Another thing I thought of, which may be helpful to some MOC collectors as well, is to have images of the cards with their various offers (Triple Win Game, Sgt. Slaughter, etc.).

You know, if you guys decide to do this, that is...:o

dmooretoys
02-05-2005, 10:21 AM
I may join the staff of this website and if so I will talk to Macdowin et al and see if they want to add a cardback archive. Please keep in mind I am willing to do it if they want me to but it will be a lot of work and will be a while since I will need to get some training first. If the consensus is that we should add a cardback section to the archives I will be depending on you guys for pictures since I don't have a lot of the "rare" backs yet. I hope I am not overstepping my authority since my status isn't confirmed yet but I just want you to know that your posts are being read.

Dan Moore

thoughtcrime
02-05-2005, 12:17 PM
I would love to see this, not only as a helpful tool for collectors but I would like to be able to print the card images for customs, much like they have all manner of nice cards for star wars on www.ffurg.com.

TJHooker
03-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I would love to see this, not only as a helpful tool for collectors but I would like to be able to print the card images for customs, much like they have all manner of nice cards for star wars on www.ffurg.com.

The set up on that SW site is awesome..I would love to see a cardback archive like that here

TJHooker
04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Is this project dead in the water now or is there a chance that it might happen?

I can scan the following MOSC cardbacks at this moment as I have these out of my storage unit and they are on display this month in my office

Snow Job v1
Storm Shadow v1
Snake Eyes v2
Major Bludd v1
Cobra Commander v1

dmooretoys
04-26-2005, 05:23 PM
I asked the staff a while back about this most of them seemed to like the idea but the cardback section hasn't been added yet. I will ask the webmaster again if it will be added--I would like to see this become a reality, too!

Dan

TJHooker
04-29-2005, 10:26 PM
I asked the staff a while back about this most of them seemed to like the idea but the cardback section hasn't been added yet. I will ask the webmaster again if it will be added--I would like to see this become a reality, too!

Dan

Dan,

Thanks..let us know what you find out and pm me if you need those scans

dmooretoys
05-15-2005, 09:24 PM
For those of you that are interested in cardbacks please respond to the thread in this link and let me have your input:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=24548

Dan