what did you think out it [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : what did you think out it

anna
02-10-2005, 10:11 AM
the movie ive seen it and in spite of its problems it could have been worse(sure all the other 80s toy movies are better even my little pony(oh yes i went there!)but granted it has its moments)

whitedalek
02-10-2005, 01:20 PM
It's ok, but I just have to say one thing that kills it for me -- COBRA-LA!!!
:p

danielmd06
02-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Okay okay. It really could have been worse. Lots of things seemed too farfetched in the 80's (like cloning) that are now much more realistic. The whole Cobra-La thing was a bold attempt to bring in a radical new direction to the series. It was a bad idea, though. There is just so much potential in the Joe storylines that it is always surprising to me how people manage to mess it up.

Viper Commander
02-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Yup, the bad guys dont seem so scary and evil when they look like they should be in my seafood basket with fries :)

anna
02-10-2005, 05:02 PM
and whats with golubus's "ball" he rides in?

sinnister
02-10-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm not a fan of the Cobra-La but once...about 10 years ago I was in a comic shop looking for back issues of the Joe comics...the owner of the comic shop said he would give them all to me at half price if I would yell out the Cobra-La battle cry. Needless to say I startled all who were not expecting it with a loud and thunderous COBRAAAA-LALALALALALALALA.

Oh the lows we will put ourselves through for a great deal!

blackdragon
02-10-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm not a fan of the Cobra-La but once...about 10 years ago I was in a comic shop looking for back issues of the Joe comics...the owner of the comic shop said he would give them all to me at half price if I would yell out the Cobra-La battle cry. Needless to say I startled all who were not expecting it with a loud and thunderous COBRAAAA-LALALALALALALALA.

Oh the lows we will put ourselves through for a great deal!

I would have died laughing if i was there. lol. I thought the movie was great, i just think of it as seperate from the other joe storylines. i like cobra commander better as a car salesman. But it was a really cool idea, i really liked nemesis enforcer. toys were cool, although they should have made pythona and gave the royal guards the capes they wear in the movie. And a special movie edition figure set of serpentor killing duke might have been a big sale with most joe fans.

Ridureyu
02-10-2005, 09:01 PM
I enjoyed the movie, honestly. The only problem with Cobra-La is that it screwed with Cobra Commander - if not for that fact, people would probably like it a lot more.

anna
02-11-2005, 09:19 AM
i agree they should have made pythona in a two pack with her and nemisis enforcer (golobulus and caped royal gaurd in other) that would have been best way in my book.

zark1976
03-04-2005, 03:59 PM
apart from Mercer, I felt the renegades were pointless. Mercer was cool, as demonstrated by him getting another figure, and also showing up in continuity. I hated Big Lob, what they did to CC and Cobra La was stupid. However with all of that said, the Joe movie is one of my favorite cartoon films. I was ****ed that the G.I. Joe cartoon series effectively ended at the movie too.

Obiwanjacoby
03-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Loved it.

I watch the first ten, fifteen minutes all the time. :)

I frequently FF to all the scenes with Big Lob in it. :p

:drool: Ooohhhh. . .what I would give for just one Big Lob :o

-PJ

Roadblock_1187
03-04-2005, 08:11 PM
i always knew i was an odd ball i loved the whole movie Cobra LA Big Lob all of it of course for years the Movie was the only connection i had to the joe cartoon some of my favorite scenes & line are from that movie watching nemesis enforcer rip snow job from the belly of the Havoc seeing the royal guard slam quick kicjk into that wall & watching snakeyes try (In vain) to hack threw the Vines of the Cardinal Trees hearing roadblock Yell forget those redwood toadstools its battle time is an all time favorite i dont lie that crazy sound tell me dude whats going down actually most of my favorite quotes are from roadblock dunno why lol i was once a man tons of great quotes & scenes pythona taking out all of the Cobra Troops single handedly where see kept all that stuff i dont wanna know i use dont bet your beard on it as a reply alll the time i love this movie man

Net-Viper X
03-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Did anyone but me ever wonder why the royal guards were able to mop the floor with the entire gijoe team, but then roadbloack was able to sigle handedly kick all their asses while carring cobra commander on his shoulder at the same time?

Or what about how nemeis enforcer could throw a tank in the air like it was a toy, but he couldbnt beat up a big fat guy, that makes a living at "Fake" fighting.

I wont even get into the jinx/ pythona fight for fear of losing my lunch.

Other than this I loved seeing the joe team get their butts stomped at the beginning, and it had many other cool parts, it just always ****ed me off how after cobra had finally accomplished this awesome victory, the joes would come back an pull this rediculous impossible bantha fodder and win, EVERY TIME! "And when 5 joe would get in a gun fight with 30 cobras, and all 30 guys give up without losing a single man. Lets face it, if cobra was real, and had Bats and heat vipers and all these super teched out vehicles, they could kick the entire us army in a matter of hours, let alone a few dozen commandos.

And what about the awesome entro scene complete with awesome music with the paratroopers coming down at the beginning of the movie, that is butchered when the joes show up and stat swinging off of flight pods like its a trapese act. REDICULOUS! THe movie had so many cool parts that were ruined by cheese.

I understand cobra cant win all the time, but for crying out loud, let them win a few, they cant make money to keep going with all the loses and no wins. They need to cut down on the cheese a little bit, some of us are lactose intolerant.

Obiwanjacoby
03-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Did anyone but me ever wonder why the royal guards were able to mop the floor with the entire gijoe team, but then roadbloack was able to sigle handedly kick all their asses while carring cobra commander on his shoulder at the same time?

Or what about how nemeis enforcer could throw a tank in the air like it was a toy, but he couldbnt beat up a big fat guy, that makes a living at "Fake" fighting.

I know what you mean. When I first saw The Movie as a kid, I was horrified that everyone lost so fast. Then towards the end, I was puzzled how they got it all together and won.

The way I see it, there's a running theme throughout the Sunbow toon.

Goes kinda like. . .

- The Joes always start out kinda disorganized in one way or another. Sometimes they're off-duty, kicking back at the HQ, or ignoring the security sensors.

- Cobra shows up and catches them off guard with their latest plan. The Joes are 90% or the time like. . ."whoa"! Sometimes it takes over half the show for the Joes to get over their total confusion & solve the mystery.

- Then gradually, the Joes "get their mojo workin", or. . ."The Force" is with them, or. . .something.

They just pull together and kickass. No valid explanation, it "just happens that way". :D

Which is why I kinda love/hated the Sunbow toon for that. You have to be in the mood I guess.

- PJ

whitedalek
03-05-2005, 12:34 AM
It was all a consipiracy formulated by the imperialist, fascist Joe team! :D Hail Cobra! :)