Mexican Variants? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Mexican Variants?

Hydro-Viper
02-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Yesterday I bought a VvV Scarlett-Sand Scorpion from a local Wal-Mart. Strange thing is that Scarlett is the one that was released carded in the U.S. (v6). Also, there was a VvV Agent Jinx that I can't find in Yo Joe's archives. It has the same body mold as Agent Jinx (v2) but it was mostly black. Besides this, the head is totally different; looks more like a sort of Baroness-type head, thus said by the fact that she has glasses.:confused: In both cases, the back of the card is three-languages (english, french and spanish), and the front lacks of the art work of the U.S. releases. Does anybody knows if the first case is a regional packing variation? And, has anyone seen the Agent Jinx I described? Skil, have you seen this in Guadalajara?

Skil
02-18-2005, 01:32 AM
The package that u describe is the same for all the recent joes sold in Mexico, French Spanish English, but i've not seen that Jinx, there are lots of Jinx/Slice 2 packs but the regular Jinx, maybe the fig. that u've seen was wrong assembled or a frankesteined figure of some sort...

joeboy75
02-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Anyway you can post a pic Hydro??

Hydro-Viper
02-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Well, I'm starting to believe that it wasn't legit. Today I went to various retailer stores, seeking for this figure, but there was none. I even went to three different Wal-Marts in three different locations of Mexico City and I found lots of regular Jinxes but none like the one I said before. While I still have to go back to the Wal-Mart where I saw it, I'm already thinking it was a custom figure. The only thing that bugs me is: Why would someone swap a custom figure in a Wal-Mart? -I'd expect that in E-Bay or the similar e-stores we have in Mexico where you could try to get some money. I'll try to get the pics anyway.