Is there any G.I. Joe stores in Iowa, Wisconsin, or Illinois? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Is there any G.I. Joe stores in Iowa, Wisconsin, or Illinois?

tdutton17
02-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I am going to travel through Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois and was wondering if there was any G.I. Joe stores in these states that I could swing through. Does anyone know of a town that would have anything? Let me know.

Joeczar
02-12-2005, 12:20 PM
The only actual store in Iowa that I know of is a comic store called Daydreams in Iowa City. They have quite a few Joes, but expect to pay through the nose for them. Other than that, there's not much.

evan511
02-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I have comic/action figure stores, and also a couple diecast/trains stores. I have seen in the Milwaukee yellow pages.G.I.Joes are just a secondary item, at these stores. I also here good things about seven mile fair, Flea market. It is at the WI/IL border.

vettfanatic
02-12-2005, 06:22 PM
In Milwaukee theres only 2 stores that I can think of. The collectors Toystop and Belich's Nostalgia World. You'll find a pretty good amount of old vintage Joes at both. I wouldn't waste your time with seven mile fair, there hasn't been anything good there in about ten years. If you would like to no specific directions to the 2 stores I mentioned above let me know and I can help you out. I only live about 10 minutes from each one.

cobraferret
02-12-2005, 07:20 PM
I am going to travel through Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois and was wondering if there was any G.I. Joe stores in these states that I could swing through. Does anyone know of a town that would have anything? Let me know.Hello,
www.brianstoys.com is in wisconsin
Hope this helps

Icebreaker
02-13-2005, 10:18 AM
bigbadtoystore.com is an internet based store out of Somerset, WI. They don't have a storefront, but contact them and see what they can do.

It's early, but once late May, early June hits, up by St. Croix falls, WI, there is a small outdoor flea market that has been pretty decent for 'joe findings for me for the last couple years. Not always a guarantee to find something, but usually pretty decent.

Menomonie and River Falls, WI has a Toyriific! in each. The owner sometimes buys 'joes, and other toys, but is really focused on making money (can't argue with that, though) and sometimes gets stuff in the stores, and sometimes, not. Video games pretty much take her 'used' purchase budget, so 'joes: about 50/50 chance of something coming in.