A "Holy Grail" Found! : Action Force '86 Destro MOC [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : A "Holy Grail" Found! : Action Force '86 Destro MOC

jabba the drunk
02-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi all,

I thought you international collectors & fans might like to see this. I've been collecting and searching for this for 3 years now, and had never seen a carded one. (I'm sure they're out there...just darn hard to find, especially for a USA based collector).

Anyway, it's been one of my most wanted Destro items. It's a carded Action Force 1986 Destro Version 1. It's a particularly special item to me, as it combines two of my G.I.Joe collecing foci; packaged Destro items and packaged Action Force '86+ items.

I've been somewhat neglecting my Action Force '86 collection, but this baby has raised my interest once again.

Here's the link:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Action%20Force%202%20DestroV1%20Front%20Watermarke d.jpg

Well, hope this is interesting to you guys & gals. Thanks for looking! :)

-Peter

airedevon
02-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Congrats, Peter!!! Really, really nice find there!! Good feeling when a long search finally pans out :-)

Thanks for sharing!
Aire

JeffreyKabal
02-12-2005, 06:38 PM
congrats! Finally you found it :)

If I can find the original newspaper in which the Destro of G.I.joe and Action Force are compared I will try to get it and make you a copy if you want.
I've sent the pics some time ago.
I do remember I just made your...WEEK :) with those scans / pics.
True Destro fan!

Blitzwingz
02-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Nice find man! I didn't even know Destro was also released on US-style AF card!
So what's the next near impossible Destro-item you're gonna look for?:D

JeffreyKabal
02-13-2005, 05:25 AM
Destro on Dutch card with the Dreadnok logo :)

jabba the drunk
02-13-2005, 10:28 AM
congrats! Finally you found it :)

If I can find the original newspaper in which the Destro of G.I.joe and Action Force are compared I will try to get it and make you a copy if you want.
I've sent the pics some time ago.
I do remember I just made your...WEEK :) with those scans / pics.
True Destro fan!

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! Airedevon's right, in that it's a terrific feeling to finally find something I've been looking for for a long time. It's that nice satisfaction feeling, which is half of the reason we all collect!

Jeffrey, you definitely did make my week when you emailed me that picture of the newspaper arcticle comparing the two Dutch Destros. It was such a unique image to see, and very interesting that this would be in a newspaper, pointing out the weapon vs. no weapon approach. I have posted a link to the the picture and post it here, for every one to see. I think Airedevon woulld be particularly interested.

This picture is from http://www.gijoe.nl/advertenties/ . (Cobra Kabal's site, and a fantastic resource for European Gijoe collecting. When the main site goes live, it will be a tremendous Gijoe site. I recommend everyone check it out).

http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Dutch%20Newspaper%20Comparison.jpg

Nice find man! I didn't even know Destro was also released on US-style AF card!
So what's the next near impossible Destro-item you're gonna look for?:D

Well, there are still a bunch of great Destro items "out there" for me to find, Blitzwing. Finding this one was a major find, as far as the one's that were remaining. I'm pretty sure there is a cardback version to this particular Destro, so that will be on the list.

But as Jeffrey says, the carded Dutch Destro with the Dreadnok wording is definitely on the top part of my list! For those that don't know, for some strange reason, the front of the card called Destro a Dreadnok on the Netherlands released version. And it's not a mistake or anything, as far as we know, it's the way he was actually released there! Pretty neat.

Thanks again for looking and the congrats!

-Peter

Tattoo Shane
02-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Nice piece Peter! I know how long you've been after that and it's great to see it land in such a stellar Destro collection!

Bobskink
02-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Cool that you found this one, I also didn't know it existed.
BTW, I was in a French toystore a few weaks ago, they had almost all the Joe's on European cards, exept for one... Destro, the only one who was on a USA card. I think there is a curse on that one.