Action Force Crimson Guard... do you have one? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Action Force Crimson Guard... do you have one?

The Faceless Master
02-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Am not talking about the Crimson Guard Immortal with a repainted Rock Viper head, just the original Crimson Guard from Action Force.

This is actually the first Crimson Guard I was able to obtain back in the late 80s
I started re-collecting in 2002 and got several more GIJoe Crimson Guards &
noticed something peculiar, it seems like the AF CG is darker than the ARAH CG.
Now, I am slightly colorblind so I cant really tell difference between hues but
THIS is noticeable different. Anybody else here make a side by side
comparisson?

BelgianGabber
02-13-2005, 12:58 PM
There are two different color Crimson Guards, as stated in the archives here too. I don't know if the Action Force CG is one of these two then... I got 2 cgs from somebody in the UK and indeed one was a bit darker, but it was exactly the same as another one I had...

Blitzwingz
02-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I've also noticed the difference a few years ago when I got a CG in a trade frome an american. It almost seemed pink to me compared to the CG's I was used to. It's not an AF exclusive though, because I bought most of my dark CG's here in Holland. "European Crimson Guard" (or euro-CG) would seem a more fitting name for this variant.

Deadshot
01-09-2006, 01:43 AM
I just got a AF Crimson Guard last week.. havn't compared it yet to my north american release ones yet though.

Brolly
01-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah, AF version is darker than US release.

But there's also a darker CG on the US Line, I'm not sure if it's the exact the same colour than the AF one.

Merax
01-10-2006, 11:48 AM
After reading this thread I went upstairs to take a closer look at the ones I have. Out of 8, I have one that is darker than the rest, very noticable once you compare them. Funny that I never noticed it before.
I looked in the figure archives but it only shows the variation, not if one is more rare than the other. None of mine are faded, but they all have the same stamps on the bodys.
Is there some way to tell an AF CG from a U.S. one? I don't collect AF figures so I don't know if they have different stamps or anything.

Brolly
01-10-2006, 02:20 PM
As far as I know the figures are identical except for the darker colour.

What I'm not sure is if this AF dark red is identical to the US darker variation, and I can't check on that as I don't have any US dark red CG. The only dark I have is one AF CG.

Maybe someone can check this out to clear this up.

The Faceless Master
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Is there some way to tell an AF CG from a U.S. one? I don't collect AF figures so I don't know if they have different stamps or anything.
Not sure myself
my AF CG i got MIP back in 1987 so... :o

AlternateUniverse Steeler
01-19-2006, 09:09 PM
A few years ago i had one with dark torso & head and light legs. I traded it out. I now believe it was made using both versions.

TURNA
01-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I have noticed the plastic on some figures from the UK are different

I had recieved a Flash figure from the UK and it was a shade different than the US version

At first i thought maybe it was sun damage so i took it apart and the color was true throught the figure.

I dont know if it is a true variant or not but since you brought it up I thought I would share it with you

Urban Saboteur
01-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Hi,
I have three crimson guards. One is lighter than the other two. Its more noticeable in natural light.
I don't think the shades of red are intentional.. I always remember the old leaflets saying that some figures and accessories vary in shade and colour from the ones illustrated.
NEM