Japanese HISS PVC model - what does the "chocolate" on the box mean? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Japanese HISS PVC model - what does the "chocolate" on the box mean?

orionlukteel
02-13-2005, 09:17 PM
I was watching this auction out of pure curiosity (it's over, so it's not outing):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5955308280&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I'm curious - what does the "chocolate" refer to on the front of the packaging?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

AlternateUniverse Steeler
02-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Ok That is a tiny kit that when built as maybe 4" long and 3"high. The "Chocolate" refers to the candy that came with it. That is a japanese candy toy item. If you go into any japanese market you will find a tiny model kit packed with candy for about $2. They make many disney, gundam, power rangers and others. In japan they pack a tiny toy or model with candy so it can be sold in convinence stores and grocery stores. That is a rare older one and gi joe makes it rarer. but the bidding is too high. I think some people that bid do not know the size.

dockingbay97
02-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Here in Seattle I am lucky enough to have several stores where I can pick up many of the current blind boxed Japanese kits. They are quite cool. I have picked up things like Star Trek ships to Alien/Predator pieces.

As far as this being a rip off - it depends on what you collect. It is a little harsh to be critical on another's collecting focus.

Looking at the bidder list - they knew exactly what they were bidding on.

performula
02-14-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm glad this is clarified, but does the bidder know this? I almost bid on that thing thinking it was an unpainted HISS from the 80s because it was from Japan.

dryhawk37
02-14-2005, 08:07 PM
O.K, Ill come out of hiding for this one. I was the second top bidder, and like Nick said I knew exactly what I was bidding on. These PVC kits are extremely rare, and if my rent check wasnt coming up I would have bid well over 250.00 for it.

I dont rag on the newbs for spending 200+ on a Heavy Metal mic, so please dont act like us old timer collectors dont know what we're bidding on, cause chances are I already own most of what is out there.

Drew

ps, I dont mean this thread to sound ignorant, or like Im bragging or anything, it just gets me mad when other collectors put their noses in my business.

AlternateUniverse Steeler
02-15-2005, 12:41 AM
O.K, Ill come out of hiding for this one. I was the second top bidder, and like Nick said I knew exactly what I was bidding on. These PVC kits are extremely rare, and if my rent check wasnt coming up I would have bid well over 250.00 for it.

I dont rag on the newbs for spending 200+ on a Heavy Metal mic, so please dont act like us old timer collectors dont know what we're bidding on, cause chances are I already own most of what is out there.

Drew

ps, I dont mean this thread to sound ignorant, or like Im bragging or anything, it just gets me mad when other collectors put their noses in my business.
OKAAAAAAAAAAAY

Viper Commander
02-15-2005, 08:59 AM

These usually get one production run and thats it, so yup you're right, this is really rare

jabba the drunk
02-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I was watching that one too, Drew. I was suprised you didn't win it, actually.

Once it got past a certain amount, I decided not to throw my hat into the bidding. But...I guess "missy" really wanted this HISS! :D

I'd rather have seen it gone to your collection, as I know you dig these kits.

-Peter