Estrela vs. Hasbro [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Estrela vs. Hasbro

Fabio
02-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Hey gang,

I thought that the relationship between Estrela and Hasbro was non-existant nowadays; however, I went to a supermarket to look for some games for a nephew and then I've seen this:

http://www.americanas.com.br/cgi-bin/WebObjects/ToyStore.woa/wa/prod?pitId=53344&par=buscp#ficha

Made under license from Hasbro!! Year is 2002! That means that if Estrela still has molds, Hasbro should be able to get them, don't you all agree???

BTW, seems like Estrela is no longer going bankrupt!

Fabio

Tattoo Shane
02-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Interesting Fabio but i honestly don't think that this is an indiactor that Estrela would still have the Joe molds. IMO, there's a big difference between Hasbro's games division and their figure divisions. Additionally, most of the Estrela molds went to Auirken in Mexico where the Estrela stamp was scarred from the mold and the figures were released with a faint hint of the Estrela logo. Where they ended up after that i'm not sure. Possibly Funskool? I'm sure someone else might have an answer to that.

Anyways, it's cool to see that there's still some sort of a relationship...who knows what could come of that. It's a shame that Estrela's not going bankrupt tho...i was hoping to see some sweet pre-production material hit the market! ;)

Fabio
02-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Additionally, most of the Estrela molds went to Auirken in Mexico where the Estrela stamp was scarred from the mold and the figures were released with a faint hint of the Estrela logo.

Gee, I didn't know about that... :(

Cesspool
02-15-2005, 03:50 PM
I couldn't find anything on that website.

Fabio
02-15-2005, 05:58 PM
I couldn't find anything on that website.

Sorry, maybe I should have been clearer about that link - NO relation to Joes whatsoever...

Solberg
04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
I sent a mail to Estrela a month ago asking about the GI Joes and Falcon and that was their reply:

Sr. Rafael,

Agradecemos o contato e a preferência por nossos produtos.
Realmente o Falcon e Comandos em Ação estão previstos para serem relançados este ano, mas ainda não sabemos quais modelos ou o que será relançado desta coleção, só saberemos realmente quando relançar.

Atenciosamente,

CEAC - Ana Cristina

If anyone wants it translated, just leave me a message...

Fabio
04-19-2005, 01:49 PM
I sent a mail to Estrela a month ago asking about the GI Joes and Falcon and that was their reply:

Sr. Rafael,

Realmente o Falcon e Comandos em Ação estão previstos para serem relançados este ano, mas ainda não sabemos quais modelos ou o que será relançado desta coleção, só saberemos realmente quando relançar.

Atenciosamente,

CEAC - Ana Cristina

Cara, q demais! Awesome! Let's wait and see! Everybody: he sent an e-mail to Estrela about Comandos and Falcon and the lady replied that these lines will be re-released this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete The Greek
04-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Anyways, it's cool to see that there's still some sort of a relationship...who knows what could come of that. It's a shame that Estrela's not going bankrupt tho...i was hoping to see some sweet pre-production material hit the market! ;)

Last year the Estrela (http://www.estrela.com.br/htm/default.htm) website had Transformers listed on there. I can't seem to find them as of now. Hence there had to be a working agreement with Hasbro at that time.

Sr. Rafael,

Atenciosamente,

CEAC - Ana Cristina

Now my Portugeuse isn't that good but did I just read a foreseen re-launched of the Comandos em Ação figures? Are you pulling my chain? If they 3 3/4, man that would rock. This leads into alot of speculation like is Hasbro lending the molds to Estrela during the hiatus? Is Estrela re-moulding new parts? Are they using old molds that never returned to Hasbro? This sounds to good to be true.

Fabio
04-19-2005, 05:13 PM
This sounds to good to be true.

Let's wait and see, Pete! I'm sure if that happens my pocket won't be pleased! ;o)

Pete The Greek
04-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Let's wait and see, Pete! I'm sure if that happens my pocket won't be pleased! ;o)

My pocket already hates me for collecting foreign figures lol.

Corredor X
04-19-2005, 07:42 PM

Por favor, alguém me belisque :D

I hope they're not only being gentle to Solberg... I really wanna enter a toy store and see those rows of Comandos em Ação boxes and cards again. It's been almost ten years since I last saw that beautiful scene (well, of course we had the G.I.Joe imports in the last couple of years, but it's not the same thing). Some years ago, when I was at the university, my teacher showed us an old corporate video of Estrela (the ones that tells the way they sell things, their business, etc.) and the only thing I could see were the hundreds of boxed CEA vehicles behind the narrator...

And, of course, I want some Falcons (Olhos-de-Águia, claro! :D ) and a Torak - and I hope he'll be released in his original self (which looked a lot like Darth Vader) and not his tuxedo-ish re-releases in the 90's...

toy-nutz
04-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Por favor, alguém me belisque :D

I hope they're not only being gentle to Solberg... I really wanna enter a toy store and see those rows of Comandos em Ação boxes and cards again. It's been almost ten years since I last saw that beautiful scene (well, of course we had the G.I.Joe imports in the last couple of years, but it's not the same thing). Some years ago, when I was at the university, my teacher showed us an old corporate video of Estrela (the ones that tells the way they sell things, their business, etc.) and the only thing I could see were the hundreds of boxed CEA vehicles behind the narrator...

And, of course, I want some Falcons (Olhos-de-Águia, claro! :D ) and a Torak - and I hope he'll be released in his original self (which looked a lot like Darth Vader) and not his tuxedo-ish re-releases in the 90's...

They re released Torak?? Cool! I want both versions!!! I agree though that they better release the Falcons! The old muscle bodies and heads would be in great demand!!

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!

airedevon
04-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Michael, there have been 2 re-releases of Torak. One is a chrome head with HOF Destro-like clothes.... the other is a green head!

Corredor X, I have a spare original Torak if you're intereted... I'm looking to trade for other vintage Falcon figures or accessories..

That would be awesome if Brazil brings CEA back!

Aire

Solberg
04-19-2005, 11:49 PM
I hope they're not only being gentle to Solberg...

I hope not!:p

I think they´ll release the Joes only in October, because of children´s day.:(

The 100% Argento Outback
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM

Sr. Rafael,

Atenciosamente,

CEAC - Ana Cristina

Hey!!!!!!! great to hear that!!!!!
I hope they do a lot of cobra soldiers!!!!!!!!!!!

Caueskt
07-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Old Thread, hehehe... But I wanna know if someone knows news about it!!!

Falô

Tattoo Shane
07-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Some years ago, when I was at the university, my teacher showed us an old corporate video of Estrela (the ones that tells the way they sell things, their business, etc.) and the only thing I could see were the hundreds of boxed CEA vehicles behind the narrator...

Corredor...any chance of being able to get a copy of that video? I'd love to see it.