GI Joe: Sigma Six [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GI Joe: Sigma Six

Rotty
02-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Well, you've probably seen Hasbro's latest GI Joe press release in the Toy forum:

http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page.release/dn/default.cfm?release=349

So now we know when Studio GONZO's GI Joe anime is set to start in September, and that it will be a weekly series. I couldn't possibly be more excited about this unless it was announced that the project is being spearheaded by writer/director Imagawa Yasuhiro, of Giant Robo: The Animation, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, and Violinist of Hamlin, the greatest writer working in the industry in my opinion.

Anyone who isn't familiar with Studio GONZO's work, I urge you to visit these links:

http://www.faf.jp/ Click on the image, click "Click to Enter", MOVIE, and then click on each of the four promotion videos.
http://www.gonzo.co.jp/anime_ao6/ And just poke around this one.

Yukikaze and Blue Submarine No.6 are the most relevant of their previous projects in terms of what the GI Joe series may look like. I'll be eagerly waiting for September!

Ridureyu
02-18-2005, 11:51 PM
So, where's the megaman X guy?

Chuplayer
03-15-2005, 10:21 PM
So the same people who did Blue Sub Six are doing a GI JOE anime? This might turn out to be good after all.

Chuplayer
03-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Figures I say this is going to be good and then I click on the link. While the anime sounds all right, the new figures seem craptacular.

Liokaiser
03-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Here's hoping for Bit Torrent fansubs because guess what its gonna be one, 4kids XP watch brand new show and they'd edit out all the guns and make them walkie-mucking-talkies.

Only thing I fear on why the new series may fail.

Rotty
03-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Figures I say this is going to be good and then I click on the link. While the anime sounds all right, the new figures seem craptacular.

Yeah, well, a lot of the 2002-2004 12" RAH characters were pretty bad too (please explain, Hasbro, what the point of an action figure with removeable clothing is when they come bare-chested with the upper body molded in deep blue plastic?) ... the anime could still blow us away if we're willing to give it a chance. Just think Blue Submarine No.6 and Yukikaze...

flash70
03-16-2005, 11:13 AM
the new series will be a terrible cartoon...and the toyline will fail...all sigma six ...PLEASE GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Rotty
03-16-2005, 12:06 PM
the new series will be a terrible cartoon...

And you know this six months before it airs... how?

flash70
03-16-2005, 05:30 PM
the formula hasbro is using is the same one they did when beast machines took over beast wars transformers ...a small core of transformers going up against a legion of really bad reformatted villians...same thing as sigma junk you are so happy about...

the animation might be really cool- but the story and concept are just plain STUPID.

Rotty
03-16-2005, 06:31 PM
the formula hasbro is using is the same one they did when beast machines took over beast wars transformers ...a small core of transformers going up against a legion of really bad reformatted villians...

Where has this been confirmed? All I've heard is that the animation is being produced by Studio GONZO, that it focuses on a squad of six GI Joes including Duke, Snake Eyes, Spirit, and Heavy Duty, and that Storm Shadow is one of the featured Cobras.

same thing as sigma junk you are so happy about...

I will confess that I am thrilled about the fact that there's going to be a GI Joe animated series. It's something I've been hoping for since 2002, because it's essential to making GI Joe a powerhouse action figure brand like Transformers or Batman again.

the animation might be really cool- but the story and concept are just plain STUPID.

Again, the only story and concept I'm aware of is that the GI Joe unit is made up of squads, one of which will form the stars of the show, and that Storm Shadow is a bad guy.

flash70
03-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Doesn't prove anything but a waste of your breath...sigma will fail.

Blight
03-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Also don't forget "Full Metal Panic", that series screamed G.I. Joe-esqe action and adventure. Another good GONZO series that Funimation licensed and is releasing in May that has a lot of heavy action and gunplay is the series "Burst Angel". That series totally kicks ***.
I'm both excited at the prospect of a studio like GONZO working on this project and worried what the Hasbro execs and FOX censors might do to screw it up.
If this series blows, I firmly believe it will be the fault of Hasbro and not Studio GONZO. Anyone whose seen there work, knows they've got some serious ****!
Hasbro seems to be the ones who have done nothing but continually taken one step forward and immediately one step backwards in their handling of G.I. Joe and it's making all of us nuts!
If Sigma 6 is good I hope it succeeds big time, but I also hope that Hasbro will ditch this 8" line and go back to 3 3/4" figures.

flash70
03-17-2005, 10:58 AM
please let the sigma go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIGMA GO AWAY, DON'T COME HERE ANY OTHER DAY!!!!!!!

Alucard21
03-17-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm surprised that most of you are ok with GI Joe turing into an ANIME. I have nothing against anime's, there are some I really enjoy...but it just doesn't fit GI Joe for me.

Rotty
03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm surprised that most of you are ok with GI Joe turing into an ANIME. I have nothing against anime's, there are some I really enjoy...but it just doesn't fit GI Joe for me.

Watch the clips from Yukikaze to see why there's no reason GI Joe can't work as an anime: go to http://www.faf.jp/ , click on the video screen and when the new window opens, click CLICK TO ENTER then MOVIE and download the promotion videos. You'll see scenes that look like dead ringers for dogfights between GI Joe and Cobra, involving Ace, Spirit, an older Lady Jaye and Scarlett, F/A-18 Hornets, X-30 Conquests, F-22 Raptors, the USS Flagg, and a huge "flying wing" aircraft carrier jet vs. realistically-designed "bleeding edge" enemy fighters.

REX-203
03-17-2005, 09:48 PM
That looks REALLY awesome! I could see a Joe series, or movie, done in this fashion. In fact, I hope for it!:D