Mastercollector.com Sigma Six Pics!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Mastercollector.com Sigma Six Pics!!!

dmooretoys
02-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Here is a link to see two of the figures:

http://mastercollector.com/

Just click on "story continued" under the Snake Eyes figure to see the other figure.

Dan

irishcop21
02-19-2005, 12:58 AM
If this is the direction Hasbeen is headed...I'm out...

Meatbop
02-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Ewww! :eek:

Those are very bad. Hopefully they don't take up any of the 3 3/4' space at my local stores.

yojoebro82
02-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Innnnnnteresting.......

if nothing else, $15 a pop for one fig will be enough to keep this poor college student from buying.

Joeczar
02-19-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't know, I ain't too wild about 'em, especially for their $. Maybe at 75% off at Target's after Christmas clearance......maybe.

side note: If you love these figure, great. I don't like them, I'm a crotchety old man and I'm giving my opion only.

Deogg
02-19-2005, 01:46 AM
I'll be seeing a lot of these in the "90% off green tag clearance" at TRU.

And I STILL won't even think of touching them.

Stungun
02-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Icky! Way overpriced too, not to mention unoriginal. When will they realize following the trends like this only leads to a dead toyline in a couple years. If I wanted Teen Titans, Batman:TAS or Xevoz I'd buy them. I just hope the kiddies dig em'. But I doubt it. Maybe next year we'll a cartoon about a plucky young boy who summons Joes with a magic deck of TCG cards.

thebigzakbowski
02-19-2005, 02:30 AM
another great idea from the folks who brought you butt plug duke

Ridureyu
02-19-2005, 04:54 AM
Chances are, the 3-3/4" theme this year will be "Sigma Six," or something along those lines.

Realize, these figures are closer to the 12" figures in style than the smaller ones. Also, unless this was an 11th-hour decision, it would make no sense that Hasbro would be planning to cancel the 3-3/4" line immediately. Think of these:

-Massive amounts of product released since November

-New shoulder/elbow construction (that had to be somewhat expensive at least in the developmental stage)

-Overkill's limb-swapping gimmick (again, R&D was probably expensive enough)

-Fan's Choice comic pack (It's not even near being released yet).

now, note the evidence that this new line has been in production for a while - the fact that Hasbro signed on with GONZo studios a good bit of time back is evidence enough. So... it doesn't LOOK like Hasbro is planning to wreck the figures we know and love, jut replace the 12" line (which had been failing for a while, with less and less product released).

Weems
02-19-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm kinda hoping that the new cartoon doesn't look like these guys. (I realize that they have to adapt the old cartoon to the new market, but c'mon!!!)

Weems: Equally old and crotchety, and completely set in his ways.

YELSEW
02-19-2005, 08:21 AM
I am with the first guy on this post; if it comes to this then I am out!!

Snow
02-19-2005, 08:31 AM
I won't be buying or selling these.. I just don't like them. Snake Eyes looks like a Robot.

flash70
02-19-2005, 08:48 AM
wow -

what a pieces of garbage, looks like the kids of today like that really bad "manga" look at everything that comes out these days - teen titans for example - just junk.

Now we know why Mr. Depriest left the joe camp at hasbro - sinking ship boys sinking ship -

oh' well more money to get those revenge of the sith figures...:D

Mr Rage
02-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Well if cartoon series is going to be Manga style then it would only be conclusive that they develop the figures as close to the cartoon art. Duh!

Anyway, yes they do look like those new Street Fighter figures. But bonk me on the head....I like that version of Snake Eyes. Spirit looks kinda cool too. I'm not sure if I'll pay that $15 price but when they go on clearance.....I might pick up one or two....at least Snakes & Stormy.

Mr Rage

The MASS Device
02-19-2005, 09:10 AM
If you compare the Marvel Legends Storm to the new Sigma Six figures, you can see what went wrong with these new 8" Joes. Try to keep some sense of realism and proportion, Hasbro!

All three figures I have seen (Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes and Spirit) all have huge, Popeye-like forearms and itty bitty upper arms with a huge shoulder joint. It just looks kinda silly.

I don't think I will be getting any of these. Hopefully the kids like 'em though and the new cartoon series is worth watching. As long as the cartoon is decent, I am still glad about this move. We've been clamoring for a new weekly series to push the RAH line for quite a while now. Well, we've got it. Let's hope it fairs well.

CGC
02-19-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure what manga is, but it looks to me like they're based on anime cartoons. They don't interest me, but if somebody else likes 'em, great!

shadeycat
02-19-2005, 09:16 AM
im going to wait and check out the cartoon. If the cartoon is good and the figures are good likenesses i'l get them.

Joeczar
02-19-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm waiting for all the takes people will have on the name Sigma Six to show their support for it. Here's a couple I just thought of:

1) GI Joe- Sigma Sucks (Kind of an easy one given the name)
2) Gi Joe- Smeggin' Six (A nod to all you Red Dwarf fans out there)

Makes me think back to the old days of 1996 when I was fond of calling a certain toy line "GI Joe Extremely Bad".

DacaZ
02-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Dear God, Spirit looks like a Yugioh (sp?) figure. Snake Eyes would be better if it weren't for the weird sculpting in his arms and legs, but then I'm even done buying 3.75" Snake Eyes figures, so...

Liokaiser
02-19-2005, 09:36 AM
From what I've read this is a seperate line and probably the replacement for the 12" figs and from the look I say these are for the new anime/toon. It's Gonzo and well the look of Spirit reminds me a little of that studio's art style.
I'm iffy too but who knows like some other figs I have come across and still waiting to get.

Anyway we did hear about the bat storyline so honestly think we'll get that still (awaiting to see pics from Toyfair up for real confirmation on whats coming)

Deogg
02-19-2005, 09:49 AM
If I wanted anime figures, I'd buy more Gundams, not this wannabe junk.

ShadowSnake
02-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh well, if this is the way the line is going, then it will leave me with a lot more money and time to focus on the old stuff. :)

Thats all I can do right? lol

Dave

whitedalek
02-19-2005, 10:13 AM
I don't plan on buying these figures, but I'll check out the cartoon. Unfortunately, what kids like today are different from what kids liked in the 80s, so I can understand Hasbro shopping their brand in a new style that appeals to kids today. I just hope they keep the 3 3/4 line going.

Satan
02-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, I like them... As for having a new line of figures to collect, you can count me out. But they look pretty damn cool to me. I'll probably get Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadows and place them among my small anime collection...

Obiwanjacoby
02-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I wanted Anime style Joes. I mean I really wanted 'em.

Had the cash in hand, I was all for it!

But not this style of Anime! :mad:

I was expecting articulation closer to Marvel Legends with more detail like McFarlane or something.

Hasbro's like the old "genie of the lamp" stories. . .they deliver what you want, but always with a fatal twist that you didn't explicitly ask for. :rolleyes:

The only thing that can save the cartoon now is the writing and voice acting, because IMO the animation style is sadly lacking.

-PJ

rjluna
02-19-2005, 11:16 AM
No name calling!

Thanks

Ann G

themoney75
02-19-2005, 11:30 AM
i will pass on the figures even at 75%.

yojoeshow
02-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Am I the only one who sees this as good news? I'm so excited that GIJoes getting its own show and it won't be that DB anime crap where lasers shoot out of their hands. I don't know about the figures but I think they might sell with little kids because there big so little kids won't swallow them or the accessories. Anyone know what I mean?

JustinBarnhill
02-19-2005, 11:42 AM
i actually kinda like them. i wouldn't buy them in place of 3 3/4 inch, but i may give 'em a try as an alternate toyline to collect.

i think they are refreshing and different. - keep in mind this is coming from someone who collects visionaries and sgt savage on the side also - :)

i think most of the people here wouldn't have a problem w/them if hasbro were to come out and say

"we will not be canceling the 3 3/4" line"

then all of the naysayers here could pretend this new line doesn't exist and be happy.

again, i wouldn't like to see these 8" figures replace our 3 3/4" figures - but i dont see the harm in them replacing the 12" figures.... hehe of course, i have never had any interest at all in the 12" figures, so i really dont care if they are dropped or not.

irishcop21
02-19-2005, 11:57 AM
What a bunch of whiners.....you guys make me want to leave this forum permanently.

Don't let the door hit you on the rear....this is meant to be a place you can post opinions. Sometimes they differ. Thank God, if we were all the same we would be army-building Crystal Ball...

jabba the drunk
02-19-2005, 12:18 PM
"Yu-Gi-Joes !"

A Real Animerican Hero!

Ugh. :(

-Peter

Freudiandave
02-19-2005, 12:25 PM
I like them, to be honest. They're a little weird and stylized, and that's right up my alley (I also like the more stylized, caricatureish new sculpts, and if I can plug some of my photography for a moment, you'll see the stylization of real life reflected in some of that too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/freudiandave/ (it's all safe for work)).

I'll miss the 12" figures. The vast majority of my collection is HoF figures that I got in the early 90s, and then some of the newly released more historical 12" stuff. I didn't care for the new 12" figures, though, so seeing these replace them isn't that bad. I may actually get a couple of them (SE looks neat. I like his dogtags, and I can imagine a can of spinach in one hand and a pipe in his mouth, fighting a bearded SS, chasing after an anorexic looking Scarlett!). Does anyone have pictures of the others? I'm curious to see what the new Duke and SS look like.

drveovru2
02-19-2005, 01:25 PM
here is storm shadow
http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page.release/dn/default.cfm?release=349

I think the cartoon is the greatest news to come in a long time... remeber these are toys that are geared toward children. you dont think they brought the carton out for the collectors do you? I am just happy that they may be able to spark interest in a new generation of joe collectors.

will i buy them at 15 to collect, probably not. but if my son wants one at $15, i will probably buy one for him..... hasbro is doing what any toy business should do (market to children).. we still have the convention to get 3'3/4 inch figures. I think the 3'3/4 line needs a break so many people can catch up on the 150+ figures they created last year. Now is a good time to work on your vintage collection.

rjluna
02-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the rear....this is meant to be a place you can post opinions. Sometimes they differ. Thank God, if we were all the same we would be army-building Crystal Ball...

Exactly, I voiced my opinion on how many complainers there are about this subject. Its pathetic that some them say: "ewww" or "im not collecting anymore.." come on now, lets grow some balls and act like adult collectors.

whitedalek
02-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Exactly, I voiced my opinion on how many complainers there are about this subject. Its pathetic that some them say: "ewww" or "im not collecting anymore.." come on now, lets grow some balls and act like adult collectors.

Amen! I hear the same attitude in other areas (especially sci-fi). Nobody has a gun to my head forcing me to collect Joes. I'm sad the line is ending, but it's been a good run. Turn out the lights......

Dreadnok4life
02-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I don't really care for the look of the new line. Maybe when I see one in person I'll change my mind. I am glad there is going to be a new cartoon featuring RAH characters. That is cool. I'm not an anime fan. So I don't know anything about it. I'm not really a cartoon guyeither. But I'll record it just to see what it's all about.

Why is everyone so angry and depressed over this? I haven't seen anything that would indicate the 3 3/4" line is dead. If anything this news might invigorate the line with new fans. Am I missing something here? I read the official Hasbro news release and I didn't see anything about canceling the 3 3/4" line.

Obiwanjacoby
02-19-2005, 04:49 PM
They said "Retired", which means "cancelled" to many, simply because they see no set future GIJoe 3&3/4" re-release date (maybe it's like a moritorium). It makes all of us just as upset as if they came out and said "it's canceled".

Also many interpret it as Hasbro trying to make a clean, gentle break with 3&3/4" figures (and the 3&3/4" collectors). Kinda like a lover breaking up with you & reassuring you're both still "friends" or "we'll still see each other from time to time". ;)

I see quite a bit of logic to this because if/when the 8" line fails. . .why would the same Hasbro team try to resurrect the 3&3/4" line later on when they clearly saw it as "failed" to begin with?

-PJ

dmooretoys
02-19-2005, 06:09 PM
They said "Retired", which means "cancelled" to many, simply because they see no set future GIJoe 3&3/4" re-release date (maybe it's like a moritorium). It makes all of us just as upset as if they came out and said "it's canceled".

Also many interpret it as Hasbro trying to make a clean, gentle break with 3&3/4" figures (and the 3&3/4" collectors). Kinda like a lover breaking up with you & reassuring you're both still "friends" or "we'll still see each other from time to time". ;)

I see quite a bit of logic to this because if/when the 8" line fails. . .why would the same Hasbro team try to resurrect the 3&3/4" line later on when they clearly saw it as "failed" to begin with?

-PJ
PJ,

Where did you see that the 3 3/4" Joes were retired? Here is a press release I just found on Hasbro's website announcing new 3 3/4" figures:

http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page.release/dn/default.cfm?release=309

Dan

shadeycat
02-19-2005, 06:14 PM
I saw the press release for new 3 3/4 figures was released today as well.

Ridureyu
02-19-2005, 06:16 PM
Woot! Well, wave 7 isn't the end.

Obiwanjacoby
02-19-2005, 06:21 PM
PJ,

Where did you see that the 3 3/4" Joes were retired? Here is a press release I just found on Hasbro's website announcing new 3 3/4" figures:

http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page.release/dn/default.cfm?release=309

Dan

Need specific info? No prob! I cite my "sources", which in this case is Brian Savage via a member of the TNI forums. :D

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1984245

Complete text of the newsletter is on page 3 of this thread by "Viperhunter".

-PJ

dmooretoys
02-19-2005, 11:32 PM
OK, I'm starting to get really confused. What's up with Hasbro's press release I posted a link to in my last message? If they are "retiring" the 3 3/4" Joes then what's up with the new products being released this Spring? Will these be the last of the 3 3/4" line?

Dan

Iron Snake
02-20-2005, 12:48 AM
OK, I'm starting to get really confused. What's up with Hasbro's press release I posted a link to in my last message? If they are "retiring" the 3 3/4" Joes then what's up with the new products being released this Spring? Will these be the last of the 3 3/4" line?

Dan

Simply, the items slated for Spring release are the last of the items and then the "haitus" (read: PR spin) takes effect. So after all that stuff listed as Spring 2005, don't count on seeing any new 3 3/4" product for a while.

Ann G
02-20-2005, 12:50 AM
well..release for spring basically means what is out now: wave 7 and the new comic packs and whatever vehicles are out now.

I don't know how it is in most stores, but at Eckerds now CVS, whatever product comes after christmas is "spring". So maybe that is what they mean as they don't seem to be interested in telling us about any "new" and the only product they mention by name (ocktober guard packs) is stuff that is in stores now.