Ouch! Lost an expensive paperwork auction... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Ouch! Lost an expensive paperwork auction...

dmooretoys
02-21-2005, 02:34 AM
So much for me winning the X-Soldiers Vendetta paperwork on ebay! You know, it really hurts to bid $518 on a paperwork auction and get outbid. It went from $102.50 to $518.75 in 2 minutes (and he didn't snipe--two other bidders started bidding against each other and in doing so outbid me at the end)! I did at least manage to win the Crimson Guard Commander original sketches. Anyway, for those of you who don't know who Vendetta is it is the unproduced figure with spikes on the last page of the last recent Tomart's Guide. It made it through 2 Hasbro presentations before it was scrapped (supposedly the X-Soldiers were going to have super powers but I guess Hasbro decided that might not be such a good idea after all). Oh well, I'll get it next time (if it is listed again in the next 30 years).

Here is a scan of the Tomart page with Vendetta:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/eab8&.dnm=f31c.jpg&.src=ph

Here is a scan of the one I won (I'm using the pic from the auction because I actually won this):

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=/eab8&.dnm=5b14.jpg&.src=ph

Since everyone has been on a paperwork "high" based on the last thread (Hit 'N' Run original dossier) I thought I would post this.

Dan

dmooretoys
02-21-2005, 02:40 AM
I didn't think before I posted this--mods if it is a problem for me to have scanned the Tomart page let me know and I will take it off.

Dan

CGC
02-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Wow, that's nice! Ever actually seen the Eel? The boat that's on the same page?

JeffreyKabal
02-21-2005, 11:28 AM
to bad you didn't win.
But 500+ for some paperwork is to much for me :) lol

Tattoo Shane
02-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Very cool Dan! I'm not much of a fan of post-89 stuff but i sure make an exception when it comes to this sort of thing! Congrats on snagging at least of the auctions.

danielmd06
02-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey I like the Crimson Guard Commander artwork better anyhow!