assassin
02-23-2005, 05:07 PM
after reading this issue i am just so freaking pumped
it was absolutely awesome
I'll wait till more ppl have read it before i go into detail
but yeah this was one of the best issues i have read in forever

MikePrime
02-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Yes, it was a great issue. There was even a loss of a longtime G.I. Joe character.

frozen_nd
02-24-2005, 11:45 PM
. .

Mr. Angry Beef
02-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Yeah Seely really is a mediocre artist at best. All his guys looks the same. Same hair cut (slicked back) and same Kirk Douglas chin.

YoJoeNCSU
02-26-2005, 06:47 PM
[possible SPOILERS]

I agree with everyone on some of the points made....

This was one of my favorite issues so far...big things happened, I thought the dropping of the nuke was pretty cool.

I too was wondering about the Baroness...I should probably go back and read 39 (only read through it once last month).

Was Destro the character you are referring to? I'll be kinda mad if that is how he died...nuked while sitting in a cell. I would rather him go out in some firefight or doing something honorable since he always seemed like that sort of character....like dying to save some Joes or something like that.

I also have trouble telling apart the characters sometimes...the Barrel Roll/Mercer was kinda annoying at first, but I see the differences now. I thought Flint looked too young...more like Falcon in 40.

I also wondered who that dude at the end was. Was it Serpentor? Was that him sneaking around next to the snowmobile (forget the name of the vehicle) earlier in the issue...i thought he looked like Snake Eyes there though.

Overall, I liked it though. Looking forward to seeing what is to come.

frozen_nd
02-26-2005, 09:07 PM
. .

Mr Rage
02-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Just answering some questions:

Major Bludd was not with the Coils faction...he served under Destro when CC was supposedly "dethroned" but was probably secretly working for CC all along. There is no love lost between Destro & Bludd.

The person jumping out of the Joe Ice Saber is Overlord...see last page of issue 40.

I really don't find the art confusing storywise.

Yeah...is the Barones really dead...if so...then Wraith would be dead too since Destro put him in charge of getting her off Cobra Island.

Seems as if the "long-time" character dying, was Hector Ramirez. The reporter from Joe toon.

Now josh Blaylock...said the Red Shadows has been a hidden part of the Joe-verse that are now coming to light. I don't think he confirmed whether they were from the Action force toy line or whatever. Anybody have any ideas?

I'm kind of intrigued to see how these next few issues pan out.

Mr Rage

YoJoeNCSU
02-27-2005, 04:56 PM
hey Rage, thanks for clearing that stuff up. I forgot about Hector dying in the time between reading the comic and posting.

Overlord makes more sense...I just couldn't place where I'd seen the character before. Cool deal.

Mr Rage
02-27-2005, 05:42 PM
hey Rage, thanks for clearing that stuff up. I forgot about Hector dying in the time between reading the comic and posting.

Overlord makes more sense...I just couldn't place where I'd seen the character before. Cool deal.

No problem.

Mr Rage

Obiwanjacoby
02-27-2005, 08:34 PM
***contains SPOILERS***

1) Is the Baroness really dead? (a good storywriter could bring her back to life [excluding a lame DNA-esk Serpentor / Dr. Mindbender style reincarnation])

Exactly. I can easily see it as DDP killing off Chameleon (remember her?), who was merely posing as Baroness the entire time. :rolleyes:

-PJ

seaneley
02-27-2005, 10:08 PM
After General Gibbs sends his message to CC, on the bottome of the page, CC asks that "prisoners" be brought in. Destro, Lillian/Armadda (whaterver her name is), and 2 other people are shown. So they are in Badhikstan with the rest of Cobra.....

The other 2 prisoners are Scrap-Iron and Dr. Knox... (see the end of issue #39) :)

Rotty
02-28-2005, 06:59 PM
**SPOILERS AHOY**

You'd better stop if yoy don't like spoilers

Exactly. I can easily see it as DDP killing off Chameleon (remember her?), who was merely posing as Baroness the entire time. :rolleyes:

-PJ

PJ, that's brilliant! Well, "brilliant" is a relative term when discussing Devil's Due plots, but I think you may have called it. After all, this is the comic that gave the Argentinian Cobra ninja Satan a life outside of plastic. The writer and his superiors must be smart enough to know that they can't get away with killing one of the ten most recognizable RAH characters of all time, or anyone who's appeared in the 2002-2005 line of figures for that matter, and this idea fits the Devil's Due modus operandi perfectly. :rolleyes:

seaneley
03-01-2005, 12:07 AM
I actually started a post on this very subject over at www.devilsdue.net (http://www.devilsdue.net), but was quickly shut down. However, I believe, like you, that it is a viable alternative... Meanwhile, we still wait to see if the "Baroness' " body ever shows up (besides on a cover page)... :cool:

Dreadnok4life
03-11-2005, 06:20 PM

-PJ

If that was the case.. then Chameleon was extremely dedicated to her job. After all she got pregnant by Destro during her undercover gig. I highly doubt Chammie is the dead one. I think either A) She's not really dead. or B) Devil's Due screwed up big time... again.

Dreadnok4life
03-11-2005, 06:22 PM
If that was the case.. then Chameleon was extremely dedicated to her job. After all she got pregnant by Destro during her undercover gig. I highly doubt Chammie is the dead one. I think either A) She's not really dead. or B) Devil's Due screwed up big time... again.

When I say she's not really dead, I mean the dead person is actually her body double and the real Baroness was spirited off the Island the second Destro heard she was pregnant. Some kind of ridiculous Soap Opera type fake-out like that.

assassin
03-12-2005, 12:45 AM
yo heres how it is

all through wraiths introductions and first stories he is portrayed as a PROFESSIONAL
whether you like him or not does not matter at this point
the fact is the baroness is not dead
no one ever saw her die
they saw a plane blow up
i am willing to bet that very soon
1 wraith will show up in bahdikstan to rescue detro
2 he will explain to destro that the baroness is fine
he got her away shes somewhere safe etc
for one reason or another
neither of them will have been on the plane
that is my best guess
and i am almost certain that thats how it is

Obiwanjacoby
03-12-2005, 12:54 AM

You caught me, I wasn't really following the comic at all. . .! :D

-PJ

whitedalek
03-12-2005, 11:16 AM
I too think that the Baroness didn't die (thank goodness, that cover picture about gave me a heart attack). I think with the new series starting a year later, you'll find the Baroness alive with a kicking-and-screaming Destro Jr. Wonder if the little baby will have a battle mask too? :)

Rotty
03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I too think that the Baroness didn't die (thank goodness, that cover picture about gave me a heart attack). I think with the new series starting a year later, you'll find the Baroness alive with a kicking-and-screaming Destro Jr. Wonder if the little baby will have a battle mask too? :)

Awww, li'l Jimmy MacCullen!

*Baroness, seated with the baby on her lap*
o/~ Jimmy sell arms and I don't care
Jimmy sell arms and I don't care
'Til Joe is blown away o/~

whitedalek
03-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Awww, li'l Jimmy MacCullen!

*Baroness, seated with the baby on her lap*
o/~ Jimmy sell arms and I don't care
'Til Joe is blown away o/~

ROFL!! You're the best, Rotty!

Dreadnok4life
03-26-2005, 01:25 PM
This issue was good. However why did the cover show Destro holding The Baroness in his arms? That scene never took place in the book. Why don't they just put Duke kissing Scarlett on the cover? That didn't happen either.

Can anyone tell me who the guy on the last page is? The guy with the claw? Are we supposed to know or is it some new development? I find it difficult to tell the characters apart due to them looking the same.

H.Q.
03-26-2005, 02:34 PM
1) Is the Baroness really dead? (a good storywriter could bring her back to life [excluding a lame DNA-esk Serpentor / Dr. Mindbender style reincarnation])

I don't think so. Destro sent Wraith with her to protect her and all we saw as a reader is an exploding night raven. Could mean anything really. Also, Wraith appears on the back cover ('next issue' teaser) of the issue in which Baroness is presumably killed.

whitedalek
03-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Plus, I loved Cobra Commander being ruthless - ie: leaving the members of the Coil to be nuked! Awesome.

seaneley
03-29-2005, 09:48 AM
...Can anyone tell me who the guy on the last page is? The guy with the claw?

That's Overlord. He actually has an action figure. Check out him and his cute little claws on this very site. (You can see his history with Firefly, Duke and Kamakura in Master & Apprentice I)