marvel gijoe pricing question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : marvel gijoe pricing question

Kir Kanos
02-23-2005, 06:22 PM
hey guys, I am just starting to collect the marvel series. I was hoping to get some guidance here. How much per issue is an average price, and is there somewhere online to get these, besides the obvious-ebay?

Phil Kost
02-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Well, my advice to you would be hit eBay hard and heavy. That is the best place to get the best prices on comics.

Look for lots of GI Joe comics

Like this one - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35770&item=6513919918&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

and you will plug holes in your collection as you go.

I would wait to buy individual issues from online retailors until you get down to 10-20 issues left for your collection.

On eBay I usually end up paying between 1.00-2.00 per "non-special" issues and then for those "special" issues like #1, #2, #21, #155, etc. then expect to pull out the big money.

It also depends on what level of condition you are looking for. If you want all Mint then it will cost you extra. If you just want a good reading copy then you can probably get them for less then a 1.00 a piece.

Hope that helps.

Phil

sinnister
02-24-2005, 11:05 AM
I agree...hit ebay. For those single ones you need to fill holes check places like milehighcomics.com. I think there is also a scottscomics.com I used several years ago when I was looking for a few remaining issues.

Kir Kanos
02-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the help fellas, just yesterday on ebay I picked up about 45 comics from 2 sellers. I am about a third of the way there.

RAS ONE J
02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
oh yah..issues 150 to 154 are also expensive and are hardly listed on ebay too. So keep an eye out for those sometimes they will go for cheap and sometimes not. I see some of this issues go up to 15 to 20 dollars each back then.

Buy in lots take what you want and resell the rest.

Oh yah..I have the whole run..and it's definitely worth it..good reading too.

danielmd06
02-24-2005, 06:38 PM
These guys are definitely steering you to the right place. You can also try some comic shops in your area. Often as not, you can find plenty of older GI Joe comics in fine to near mint condition in the dollar bins. The tricky issues seem to be the last five or six, but even they are not all that expensive. Good luck.

sinnister
02-24-2005, 07:39 PM
These guys are definitely steering you to the right place. You can also try some comic shops in your area. Often as not, you can find plenty of older GI Joe comics in fine to near mint condition in the dollar bins. The tricky issues seem to be the last five or six, but even they are not all that expensive. Good luck.

Very true...some comic shops dont consider Joes a money-making comic. In one shop in particular I used to go to they had a back room of boxes stacked to the ceiling and had all their Joe stuff back there. They didnt deem them 'worthy enough' to be out in the easily accessible boxes with all the x-men and spiderman stuff etc. So make sure you ask if you dont see many. They had no problem letting me go back there and sort through their boxes of what they considered trash. They were all around a buck or so each...some cheaper...and I got them all at half off for yelling out the COBRA-LALALALALALA battlecry!