North Carolina Triad Sightings [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : North Carolina Triad Sightings

circuitspore
08-24-2004, 12:41 PM
ok, so I'm doing my civic duty to start this thread since I was one of the people that wanted it so much.

i'm in the capitol area, but i do travel to charlotte & fayetteville every once in a while, so most of my sightings will come from there. so far:

Garner, NC (south raleigh) Walmart:
- Spytroops $10 price-point vehicles down to $7
- Some corps stuff clearanced, including the $4 vehicles/artillery
- several of the comic book packs 1 & 2

Garner K-Mart:
-GvC Sand Razor & Hiss IV for $5
-Patriot Grizzly for $10

Cary/Raleigh Toys R Us:
-plenty of Urban Strike & Night Force sets in stock

flywheels
08-25-2004, 07:05 AM
ok, so I'm doing my civic duty to start this thread since I was one of the people that wanted it so much.

Well hello there circuitspore!

I ran across several of the Crimson Command Copters @ KB Toys in the Carolina Place Mall in Pineville for $19.99 each! Lame question, but is it worth it?

I've pretty much got out of Joes to make room for my TF collection, but at that price I just might have to go back and pick one up.

Most of everything else new hasn't been put out yet in my area, but all of the local Wal-Marts have completed their new Fall resets so I'm sure the comic 3-pks are just around the corner in the Charlotte areas.

circuitspore
08-25-2004, 11:23 AM
i saw it for $20 here in the raleigh KB, and i still passed on it, but i hardly ever buy 'Joe vehicles because of space limitations. i originally wanted it for the figures - the Twins - but the mold they used is pretty craptacular if you ask me. it's the CLAWS commander body with the giant monkey arms that look plain stupid. as far as playability of the 'copter, sorry I'm not much help there.

flywheels
08-26-2004, 12:58 PM
In addition to the Crimson Command Copter, I also found the new Battle Hornet at the same KB in Pineville.

flywheels
08-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Comic 3 packs abound in Charlotte. Found them @ Target in Pineville as well as the Wal-Mart off of HWY 49 in Charlotte. That 12" Sound FX Duke was also stocked.

flywheels
09-10-2004, 01:07 PM
I cleaned out the Family Dollar on South Blvd. in Charlotte of all the Cobra single carded figs! This is the first time I've visited a Family Dollar store. If it hadn't been for the boards here I would've never known to check there. Thanks!

circuitspore
09-14-2004, 06:03 PM
cleaned out the family dollar here in Garner as well. also found the Jungle Strike Humvee and Sky Sweeper @ the west Target in Garner.

Shogi
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Ressurecting this post for the 25th Joes, post any news you find concerning NC and surrounding states here

This is the original post back in 2005 :)

Was at Dollar General today in Winston Salem, saw they had the new single packs, Baroness, Tele-Viper, Snake Eyes, Night Creeper, etc..

sinnister
02-24-2005, 05:21 PM
where is the DG in winston? I only know basic landmarks like the mall and a few of the major roads etc.

Shogi
03-01-2005, 04:43 PM
The easiest way I know to get there is if comming from Bus 40. take Bus 40 to the Cherry St. exit (5c I think) take Cherry through downtown, it becomes University, you'll pass a huge Goodwill on the corner of University and Coliseum Rd. go to the next light, make a u turn and it'll be on your right in a strip mall with eckards subway and some other stores

Shogi
07-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Bumping up for this thread's return from the grave

Deadman2099
07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I went to our Kmart the other day, a bunch of jack squat was waiting there for me. Even though I doubt you'd travel this far to grab the figures :P I'm not sure it's even worth me going around to the different stores here just yet.

Axelay
07-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Checking in from Raleigh... not quite the Triad, I know. I am becoming increasingly frustrated by the lack of 25th stuff here at ALL stores. I've checked both Toys 'R Us, 3 K-Marts, 6 Targets, and 5 Wal-Marts only to find a great deal of nothing. I've got item numbers for TRU, DPCI's for Target, and even SKU's for Wal-Mart, but none of these stores have any in stock nor do they have any idea when they expect new Joes. :mad:

Shogi
07-12-2007, 05:05 AM
I wasn't able to change the Triad part in the title :( I've been calling the stores and Target keeps telling me that no one in western NC has them at all. (However yesterday they were found in Asheville and last week some were found in Jacksonville, just not at Target)

lpburk2
07-12-2007, 07:54 AM
I've been calling the stores and Target keeps telling me that no one in western NC has them at all. (However yesterday they were found in Asheville and last week some were found in Jacksonville, just not at Target)

I stopped at the Wal-Mart and Target in Burlington, NC this morning. They had nothing. The Greensboro TRU and the Wal-Mart and Target on Wendover had nothing as of yesterday.

quintonarledge
07-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I got all 15 of the 25th Anniversary figures at the TRU in Asheville (I posted on Joesightings.com, too).

I got them on 7/11/07 at noon. They very day the got them in, a friend of a friend that works there held them for me, but they only got 1 case of the box sets and 1 case of the single-carded! I got one of everything for me and my buddy Arnold is getting the remaining figures. That's kind of lame that they only got a single case of each. I wonder if that means that TRU doesn't have a lot of faith in the Joe line anymore? All the new-sculpt DTC stuff sold out very quickly here, but they still have crap loads of Sigma Six and #101 & #44 3-Packs are still keeping the pegs warm.

Polluxius
07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
I got Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow (all they had left) at noon today from the TRU in Pineville, NC. They got them yesterday. 1 case of the Figs no packs yet. What sucks, is last night is the only night this week I did not stop by that store, and it is when they got them in :(

Jay West
07-12-2007, 05:33 PM
How much is Toys R Us selling the singles and the box sets?

Thanks!

quintonarledge
07-13-2007, 09:25 AM
How much is Toys R Us selling the singles and the box sets?

Thanks!

$5.99 for singles, $29.99 for box sets

lpburk2
07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
The Greensboro TRU received the 5-packs today. I was able to get the Cobra and Joe sets; there was one Joe set still available.

Shogi
07-13-2007, 12:19 PM
The Greensboro TRU received the 5-packs today. I was able to get the Cobra and Joe sets; there was one Joe set still available.

Awesome! They still had the one Joe pack when I called and they're holding it for me. I also called the TRU in Winston-Salem. After 15 minutes of waiting and talking to 3 different people there I found out that as of right now, they don't carry the 25th joes at all :( They said they may get them at a later date but right now nothing........YAY I'm gonna get to play with Joes today! :D

Axelay
07-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Rather mysterious goings on here in the Triangle. I called the TRU over in Durham and found that they had the singles out on the pegs, but none of the 5 packs. I picked up a Cobra Officer and a Snake Eyes, so I am no longer completely empty-handed. There was still 1 Cobra Commander and 2 Snake Eyes left on the pegs if anyone is hunting for them as hard as I am.

Polluxius
07-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Another sighting:

Found Cobra 5 pack at the Gastonia, NC TRU. Everything else was gone.

Sometime I hate that I have to work.

griffx01
07-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Found 1 Cobra 5 pack at TRU in Concord.

Looks like they are starting to get out there. Can't wait to see the singles.

sidiously darth
07-18-2007, 12:25 AM
I've found the single packs at the K-Mart in Smithfield and Garner. A friend found them at the Goldsboro K-Mart. No signs of the 5-packs at any K-Mart, though.

I have an extra Snake Eyes w/ White Wolf and Storm Shadow for trade if anyone needs them. Plus, I could use some help with the 2 five packs. If anyone needs a reference, check with Axelay. He knows me from rebelscum and can give you all kinds of sordid details.;)

lpburk2
07-18-2007, 07:44 AM
All this talk about K-Mart having the figures has me stopping at the Burlington Super K-Mart every morning on the way to work. It's been a bust thus far. The Super K-Mart in Greensboro didn't have anything as of Sunday. I've enlisted my wife in the search, and she's reluctantly agreed to check the Reidsville K-Mart for me this evening.

Shogi
07-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I decided to do a run of stores yesterday. Didn't find anything but did get a little info. The Wal-mart on Battleground didn't have any but they said their next toy reset is at the end of August so they may not get any till then. KayBee didn't have any, nor did Hot Topic or Waldenbooks (Yeah I started getting desperate :D ) Also ran back by TRU and saw that they still haven't gotten any more 5 packs, I asked about the singles and the guy said they weren't getting any this week and to try back next Wednesday

sidiously darth
07-18-2007, 03:59 PM
I called the Durham TRU today and talk about rude. The lady that answered the phone really acted like it was inconvenience to check on the 25th Anniv. 2-Pack. I even offered to give her the sku # so she could look it up. She was rather curt and said that she needed to know what the item was first. Then she put me on hold. I'm not even sure if she had anyone look. Nice customer service at that store.

The lady at the Fayetteville store was much nicer. She looked it up by the sku # and had someone check the floor. No luck but much more pleasant to deal with.

Saved some gas but in the end, came up empty.

lpburk2
07-18-2007, 07:17 PM
The K-Mart in Reidsville had all the single figures today. They had the odd price of $6.29. My wife picked up the whole lot for me, including the alternate Snake-Eyes.

Shogi
07-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I called the Durham TRU today and talk about rude. The lady that answered the phone really acted like it was inconvenience to check on the 25th Anniv. 2-Pack. I even offered to give her the sku # so she could look it up. She was rather curt and said that she needed to know what the item was first. Then she put me on hold. I'm not even sure if she had anyone look. Nice customer service at that store.

The lady at the Fayetteville store was much nicer. She looked it up by the sku # and had someone check the floor. No luck but much more pleasant to deal with.

Saved some gas but in the end, came up empty.

I had the exact same thing happen when I called a Target in Greensboro, The next Target I called was much nicer

captainamerica
07-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Happened into the Thomasville Kmart today; found 4 single carded figures (Stormshadow, officer, both Snakeeyes). The also had the new Sigma 6 (Ranger, Night, Ops, Marine).

Wal-Mart in T-ville had nada.

Shogi
07-20-2007, 03:41 PM
If anyone's looking for sigma 6/commando items I saw the Target on Wendover in Greensboro had the red cycle Bat thing that looks like an Eva Unit and transforms into a bike

Shogi
07-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Found a whole case of the single figures at K-Mart in Winston-Salem yesterday. I don't think they had just been put out and it was 8 pm so it looks like they had probably been sitting there all day :) I left all the Storm Shadows and Snake Eyes as I already had those

captainamerica
07-23-2007, 08:32 AM
tried Burlington Kmart and walmart and Cary TRU yesterday. nothing.

I'm looking to trade Snake-eyes (blk wolf) and Storm Shadow for loose singles from the 5-pack (snake-eyes, scarlett, cobra soldier).

flywheels
07-27-2007, 09:28 AM
I found a new "case" of single carded 25th Ann. Joes yesterday @ the K-Mart down in Rock Hill, SC. I only bought one of each figure, but that only left 2 SE and one SS left.

Now I'm asking myself why or why didn't I go ahead and pick up that black Timber variant they had left?!

griffx01
07-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Found both 5 packs at K-Mart in Monroe. I only purchased the Joe 5 pack, left the 2 Cobra packs.

No singles though.

Shogi
07-28-2007, 07:00 PM
TRU in Greensboro had the singles on Friday odd thing is instead of 2 grey snake eyes and one black wolf one, they had 2 grey and 2 Cobra Commanders

Axelay
07-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I STILL cannot find the 5 packs anywhere in the Triangle area. This is just so annoying.

Shogi
07-29-2007, 09:22 AM
I STILL cannot find the 5 packs anywhere in the Triangle area. This is just so annoying.

Yeah I'm still looking for the Cobra one

Deadman2099
07-29-2007, 01:52 PM
i'm still having no luck in my area, south east of columbia. so i'm guessing august we'll be seeing them? i hope so anyway.

briking
07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Four Seasons Mall KB Toys had the single packs on Saturday. I snagged the only Flint, Soldier and Commander. They still had several Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow when I left, including the variant black Timber. This was around 12:30pm Saturday.

briking
08-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Target in Kernersville, NC has both 5-pack sets as well as all the single packs minus hooded Cobra Commander. This was as of 8:30pm this evening. All still remain.

captainamerica
08-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Target in Kernersville, NC has both 5-pack sets as well as all the single packs minus hooded Cobra Commander. This was as of 8:30pm this evening. All still remain.

No more 5 packs, and only the ninjas as of 9:30.

Shogi
08-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Ran to a bunch of Targets this morning (I want to get a Joe 5 pack for customs :) ) Here's what I found

Greensboro:
Wendover - Nothing, not even shelf space
Lawndale - Single figures, no officers, many bent cards and no 5 packs...but there is a tag for them and shelf space
New Garden - Their computers say they have them, but they're not in the back

Winston-Salem:
University Pkwy - Nothing, not even in the computers

griffx01
08-05-2007, 12:57 PM
The Target in Monroe has completed the action figure aisle reset. I found Hooded CC and Cobra Officer this morning. That's all they had.

4 empty pegs for the figures with labels, so I assume they will be restocking soon.

I didn't see any 5 packs and no shelf space alloted for them.

sidiously darth
08-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I found the 5-packs at my local K-Mart the other day but no single figures. I've started noticing space at Targets for the figures and the 5-packs but it's usually empty.

Saw the next wave at SDCC but not sure how long before they start shipping.

quintonarledge
08-07-2007, 09:26 AM
I just posted this on another thread but it applies to NC, too:

"I went to the Tuesday Morning in Woodfin, NC and bought their only BAT Troop Builder set for $3.99!!! They had tons of Sigma Six stuff (which I HATE), too. I called the Tuesday Morning in Hendersonville, NC but they didn't have anything."

Also, I got all 15 of the 25th Anniversary figures at TRU a month ago, but have never seen them at any store in Western NC or Up-State SC since! I still need a Snake-Eyes with black Timber variant and want another Flint and Cobra Officer.

Shogi
08-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Target on Wendover in Greensboro just put out all their 25th joes (I grabbed a Joe 5 pack and left everything else)

Also got 2 Internet 2002 Bat 6 packs from Tuesday Morning in Winson-Salem. Didn't see any at the one in Greensboro yesterday

Shogi
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Looks like the Target in Kernersville has already gotten a restock of 25th! last time I was in there they had 1 Snake Eyes, now they have a Cobra 5 pack and at least 2 of every single pack

quintonarledge
08-13-2007, 09:20 AM
The Target on Airport Road in Asheville had all the 25th Anniversary items. The Wal-Mart in Hendersonville had all the single-carded figures, too.

sidiously darth
08-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Anyone going to the Joe Con in Atlanta at the end of September? I'd really like to get 1 or 2 of the Rowdy Roddy Piper figure. I think you have to attend to actually get it.

Finally got around to opening my Silver and Gold Destros. Pimp Destro is ready for The Baroness to make him some money.:eek: Does anyone have one of the original Destros that came out in this paint scheme?

sidiously darth
09-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Wow! Things have been quite for a while. I picked up wave 2 last week. I picked up 2 sets at the Clayton WM and the Smithfield WM also received 3 cases. All 3 Cobra: The Enemy figures were gone. As of today, there was a Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes remaining.

briking
09-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Picked up all of wave 2 except Lady Jaye at the Kernersville, NC Walmart. They didn't have any wave 2 figs left but a hooded CC, Storm Shadow and SE remain.

lpburk2
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
The Wal-Marts in Burlington and Graham received shipments of wave 2 last week. All I missed was Buzzer.

griffx01
09-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Wal-Mart on Wilkinson Blvd in Charlotte stocked 2 cases of wave 2. All were still there with the exception of the 3 (Buzzer, Beachhead, Cobra Soldier) I purchased.

quintonarledge
09-28-2007, 08:35 AM
The Super Wal-Mart in west Asheville just got a case of Wave 2. The Cobra Trooper redeco was the last of new figures left so I grabbed him. There were several Cobra Commander, Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadows hanging on the pegs... if anyone living in western North Carolina spots Buzzer, Serpentor, Beachhead, Lady Jaye or picked up any extra figures down at the Atlanta Con please IM me.

Thanks

Shogi
09-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Target on University Pkwy in Winston-Salem had all of wave 2 except Buzzer (someone beat me to him!)

quintonarledge
09-30-2007, 11:25 AM
All the Wave 2 stuff was available at the East Asheville Super Wal-Mart and Airport Road Target. Sorry, I picked them both clean though! TRU will be getting their's in any day.

Shogi
09-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Target on Wendover in Greensboro also got some Wave 2 items yesterday. Apparently Serpentor, Buzzer, Beachhead, CC and SS sat on the shelves for 12 hours before I got there to grab Buzzer. I'm now done with wave 2 singles! (Now of course there are reports about the new 5 pack springing up in AZ and then next month the madness starts all over again :) )

sidiously darth
10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I picked up 4 of the Cobra Legions 5-Pack last night. Still no sign of Wave 3 but I have more Cobras now.:D

briking
10-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I picked up 4 of the Cobra Legions 5-Pack last night. Still no sign of Wave 3 but I have more Cobras now.:D

Where did you find them?

sidiously darth
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Where did you find them?

I found them at the WM in Smithfield. I know I was greedy but I wanted more Cobras. I couldn't stop myself. It was like I was possessed by evil forces.:p ;) :D

quintonarledge
10-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Anyone in Western NC find the Cobra Legions 5 pack or 25A Wave 3, yet?

also, I found the 8" Toxic Zartan, Samurai Storm Shadow and Lockdown figures at the Asheville TRU for $10.49 each. They also had about 10 of the DTC Plague Troopers Vs. Steel Brigade 6 packs for $24.99 a piece.

Shogi
10-07-2007, 04:34 PM
I found all of wave 3 in Kernersville Friday, I don't know if that counts as western NC or mid-NC :)

sidiously darth
10-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Who cares. At least you have them. Nice find!

quintonarledge
10-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I found all of wave 3 in Kernersville Friday, I don't know if that counts as western NC or mid-NC :)

Kernersville is definitely in the Piedmont. That's a three hour drive from Asheville, the biggest city in WNC..... I did find a bunch of Cobra Legion 5-Packs at the Hendersonville Wal-Mart, but no Wave 3 stuff yet.

Anyone else live in the Asheville area? I met one guy the other week at Target, but I forgot his screen name. :(

sidiously darth
10-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Thought I would post a pic of my growing Cobra Legion.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1968/cobralegionfl6.jpg

Looking forward to adding Crimson Guards in the near future.

quintonarledge
10-18-2007, 08:08 AM
I found all of Wave 3 at a K-Mart in Asheville last night. I gotta say that I wasn't very excited about the Red Ninja or Zartan figures, but after getting them and seeing them up-close I totally love them! I posted on joesightings.com, too

TRU had zero 25A stuff but did have in the Land, Sea and Air 8" 3-Pack , though

DevilKing
10-29-2007, 09:31 AM
I found Wave 3 at the Kay-Bee's in Hanes Mall, Winston-Salem. There were a lot of them on the shelves when I left yesterday. I don't know who was there before me, but the cards were bent and ripped. It took a lot of sifting to find cards that were in reasonable shape. I don't know if it was the employees carelessly stocking the shelves or a ****ed off collector, but the only cards that were bent were the Zartans and Fireflys.

Shogi
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I know I'm late in posting this, but Friday night I found 4 full pegs worth of wave 3 at Wal-mart in Kernersville! (I only needed 3 figures so I got me my green Stalker, non logo Zartan and a fixed Firefly :) )

sidiously darth
11-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Been awfully quiet here lately. Is everybody recovering nicely from Turkey Day weekend?

I haven't found much but a friend of mine picked up a few 25th Joes today. He found a Flint but the bubble was crushed. So much for Hasbro picking up the production on these figures.

Shogi
11-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Black Friday morning Target in Greensboro had 3 pegs worth of wave 2 & 3 (Now there's only a hooded CC :( )

sidiously darth
11-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Black Friday morning Target in Greensboro had 3 pegs worth of wave 2 & 3 (Now there's only a hooded CC :( )

WOW! Wake up Hasbro and produce more Joes. Even the peg warming CCs, SSs and SEs don't peg warm for long. I think Hasbro is missing a golden opportunity with these figures.

quintonarledge
11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
The Wave 3 Revision cases have been hitting western NC. Tons of Flints on the pegs right now. Still no Wave 4, yet, although they have them on hts.com

quintonarledge
12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Some guy named William MacDonald on joesightings said he saw wave 4 at the Wal-Mart in Mooresville.

I haven't seen them in WNC, yet.

Shogi
12-08-2007, 12:58 AM
I haven't seen wave 4 in the triad, but I did pick up a new crotch Stalker Thursday.

griffx01
12-09-2007, 09:22 AM
I picked up singles of Air Trooper, SS,and Scarlett in the Wal-Mart in Indian Trail on Friday.

So, their here. Now, I just have to find the rest before wave 5 starts to show up.

quintonarledge
12-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Wave 4 hit Asheville in very low numbers this weekend. I still need a Duke and a Storm Shadow! I'm guessing that since Wave 5 has already hit the West Coast they'll be here in the next few days, too.

sidiously darth
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
So how hard will it be to find a Crimson Guard? Maybe not as hard as Black Timber SE or Yellow Stalker but pretty close.:eek:

Shogi
12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
So how hard will it be to find a Crimson Guard? Maybe not as hard as Black Timber SE or Yellow Stalker but pretty close.:eek:

Maybe even harder, apparently wave 4 hit Kernersville last week! :eek: I was told by a guy wearing a CVS shirt in Wal-mart. All I've seen were red ninjas

captainamerica
12-14-2007, 08:15 AM
I was headed to Danville, VA yesterday when I got a call from a friend that works at Walmart, he had just stocked the CG wave. about 30 mins later, when I arrived, there was just a lonely CG left.

at the Dville Kmrt, I found a no-change Zartan.

quintonarledge
12-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Wave 5 must have hit Asheville as recently as Wenesday the 12th 'cause I found Snow Job & Sgt. Flash at a Wal-Mart at 8:00a on Thursday

sidiously darth
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
The Clayton WM has received about 4 cases of the Wave 3 revision series over the past week. No signs of Wave 5 in this area so far.

briking
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
I check that Walmart almost everyday and I haven't seen anything new there yet. I'll let you know if I find anything in the Triad.

Maybe even harder, apparently wave 4 hit Kernersville last week! :eek: I was told by a guy wearing a CVS shirt in Wal-mart. All I've seen were red ninjas

quintonarledge
12-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Western NC (Asheville) has been totally dry since the beginning of December. I haven't seen any of the comic packs ever. It's been weeks since I saw Wave 4 or Wave 5. Also, I know a lot of board members have been reporting finding the 5-Packs at discounted prices at all the major retailers, but they are all still $24.96-$29.99 here!

Shogi
12-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Nothing new around the Triad either. I haven't seen ANY of wave 4, 5 or comic packs. all the Targets have 5 packs on clearance but I haven't seen that at Wal-marts.

Today I saw 2-3 cases of wave 3 revision in the Winston-Salem Target on University but I think it was an old assortment. All the production codes were old ones and all the stalkers didn't have the crotch fix

captainamerica
12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
About a week and a half ago I found one CG in Danville WM.

Today I found one Scarlett in Mayodan WM.

Shogi
12-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Today's Target rounds: (All in Greensboro)

Wendover - 40, count em, 40 single figures! (5 cases worth) all wave 3

New Garden - 3 cases or so of wave 3

Lawndale - Five wave 3 single figures

I called the Kernersville store with the Comic pack DCPI # 087-06-0336 and they had none what so ever, but the guy told me what stores did and how much they have (Now whether or not these are on the floor to be sold, is another thing)

GSO:
Lawndale - 16
New Garden - 8

High Point - 8

Winston-Salem:
University PKWY - 8
Hanese Mall BLVD - 16

Update: I stopped by the W-S University PKWY Target and asked about the comic packs. The guy punched it up in his handheld and told me they have 8 of them and that they're not in the back. Apparently, due to the upcoming reset, they are on the floor......somewhere. He said they should be somewhere in the toy aisle. I checked ALL the toy aisles....they weren't there. I'm willing to bet a lot of these stores will have them on Sunday though (I just have to pick which one I want to try :) )

sidiously darth
12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Friend of mine picked up Wave 1 of the comic 2-packs for me yesterday at Target on Capital Blvd. Thx to Axelay for the info that I passed along to my friend.

I actually like the color schemes on the repacked figures. Any idea why Abernathy's code name is GI Joe "Hawk"? Are there some naming rights issues like Hasbro had with some of the Transformers?

On a much larger toy note, there's a toy show at the NC State Fairgrounds Jan. 12 & 13. It's located in the Kerr Scott building as usual. Come by and check it out if you have a chance.

http://www.insidepitch.com/#coming

Shogi
12-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah I think I read that Lanard has the rights to the name "Hawk" right now

Shogi
12-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Well Target on Wendover in Greensboro had 3 cases woth of wave 1 Comic Packs tonight around 5PM I picked up 2 snake-Eyes/Stormy packs and a Scarlett/Hawk pack. I now have 6 POPs and figures for Customs :D

sidiously darth
12-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Nice finds. I need 3 more pops for the Doc promotion. I may just wait for the next wave of comic packs, though.

lpburk2
01-01-2008, 03:41 AM
I still haven't seen any of Wave 4, 5, or the 2 packs in Burlington. I did have a Joe related sighting last night, though. Sgt. Slaughter was at Pregos Italian restaurant beside the Burlington Mall yesterday. For someone like me (who grew up with G.I. Joe toys and watching wrestling), it was surreal to have him sitting in the booth behind me. My wife encouraged me to talk to him, but I didn't know what to say and didn't want to interrupt his meal.

sidiously darth
01-01-2008, 03:59 AM
I tend not to bother people when they're eating. You never know how they'll react. Even in a restuarant, you expect some type of privacy and considering it was the Sarge, you may have gotten what I received at SDCC 2007.

lpburk2
01-01-2008, 06:36 AM
If he'd been with other members of the WWF, I might have considered approaching them after they finished eating. But he was with a middle aged couple; I don't know if they were family or friends. They were talking about setting him up with someone they knew. Maybe one of my Burlington neighbors will end up being the future Mrs. Slaughter.

Edit: Thanks to Shogi, I was able to get all the comic 2 packs at the Wendover Target.

quintonarledge
01-02-2008, 08:10 AM
The first wave of the two-Packs finally arrived in Western North Carolina's only two Targets on 01/01/08. Special thanks to P-Rev for the head's up!

The figures aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. They all benefit from bbi or Marauder's Inc. guns instead of the ones they come with, though.

Still hoping that Wave 5 will see heavy distribution here soon!

Shogi
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Wal-Mart on Wendover in Greensboro got a case of Wave 2 Comic packs tonight! I got my Breaker and Dreadnok sets :) There's still one of each of those up there along with Wave 1 packs (I checked the wave 1 packs and they don't have the new hips, but Breaker does)

performula
01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know where any single 25ths are near Durham/Raleigh? I found one: Buzzer - at Target (which I didn't get). TRU, KMart, and Wal-Mart had nothing.

sidiously darth
01-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Finding 25th Anniversary figures is not an easy task right now. I've seen some leftovers of Wave 3 in the past week but nothing much past that.

Just a reminder, there is a Toy Show at the NC State Fair Grounds this weekend, Kerr Scott Building. 9-4 Sat. and 10-4 Sun.

performula
01-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I cannot believe it I just read this now! Did anyone go?

sidiously darth
01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I cannot believe it I just read this now! Did anyone go?

Sorry to hear that performula but the show was a bit lackluster. Our booth was the best one there but there were Joes from Waves 1-4 at a couple of other booths besides mine.

Maybe the April show will be better but there is one in Charlotte next weekend. Check out www.insidepitch.com (http://www.insidepitch.com) for more details.

performula
01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear that performula but the show was a bit lackluster. Our booth was the best one there but there were Joes from Waves 1-4 at a couple of other booths besides mine.

Maybe the April show will be better but there is one in Charlotte next weekend. Check out www.insidepitch.com (http://www.insidepitch.com) for more details.

Do you know how much they were going for? Did they have the full waves? I might check out the Charlotte show but definitely the next Raleigh show in April. Thanks for the info and link.

DevilKing
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
I found wave 5 at the Hanes Mall Blvd Target. I got one of each of the new figures, leaving the Snake Eyes. As I'd heard from several other people on here, when the cashier scanned them, the register said the item did not exist. When asked, I feigned ignorace and the manager came over and entered a bunch of keystrokes and it rang up at $1.99. I really didn't expect it to happen. For a split second I seriously considered going back and picking up the rest of them, maybe to sell on here for a buck nintey-nine, but I've had pretty crappy luck selling on here and I don't army build. So, I left them for the next guy.

Shogi
01-14-2008, 07:38 PM
I found 2 cases worth of wave 5 at Target in Kernersville today. Grabbed 2 CG's and 1 of everybody else (Except for SE, I like my grey one better) Just like Devilking, thay came up as not in the system. I was in a hurry though, on my way to work so I just told the cashier they were $5.99 and was on my way with my awesome new toys! :) Two other collectors on Hisstank grabbed the rest of wave 5 from there after I left

sidiously darth
01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Do you know how much they were going for? Did they have the full waves? I might check out the Charlotte show but definitely the next Raleigh show in April. Thanks for the info and link.

Most, including ours, were going for $8 each. Not a bad price if you've spent a good amount of gas driving around and finding nothing. Most people were looking for wave 4 and 5. Unfortunately, my distributor has been coming up dry on Joes. He's having trouble with his Hasbro Rep and can't get any. Sounds like Hasbro hasn't really done much to boost production numbers.

quintonarledge
01-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Has anyone in NC gone to a Wal-Mart that had their re-sets completed and actual Joe product on all the pegs yet? If so, what wave of the single-carded figures were out?

briking
01-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Has anyone in NC gone to a Wal-Mart that had their re-sets completed and actual Joe product on all the pegs yet? If so, what wave of the single-carded figures were out?

The Walmarts around here(Greensboro) that have resets complete haven't had any single carded figures yet. Just waves 1 and 2 of the comic packs.

sidiously darth
01-16-2008, 10:51 AM

I'm still waiting to see the WMs around here reset. I did hear that the new Goldsboro WM moved Hotwheels under SW figure. What idiot thought that up?

griffx01
01-19-2008, 12:17 PM

I actually found singles on a Wal-Mart shelf this morning. Problem being, they were wave 3. Resets were done over a week ago, and at that point they have 4 pegs for singles and 3 pegs for comic packs. Today when I went and found wave 3, they only had 2 pegs for singles and no pegs for comic packs.

I'm starting to wonder if the retailers can even get the product from Hasbro.

quintonarledge
01-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I actually found singles on a Wal-Mart shelf this morning. Problem being, they were wave 3. Resets were done over a week ago, and at that point they have 4 pegs for singles and 3 pegs for comic packs. Today when I went and found wave 3, they only had 2 pegs for singles and no pegs for comic packs.

I'm starting to wonder if the retailers can even get the product from Hasbro.

I found Wave 4 at one of my Targets and one of my Wal-Marts this weekend (Jan. 19-20). It looks like my TRU and a Target also got in one case of Wave 5 each based on the Shipwrecks and Hooded Cobra Commanders I saw hanging on the pegs. Too bad I came too late to snag them.

I still have not found any Crimson Guards, I.G. Destro, all-black SE or Breaker/Destro yet. :(

griffx01
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I managed to find wave 4 at Target this afternoon, of course they didn't scan. I also noticed at several Targets, had the remnants of wave 5. Tons of Shipwreck and Hooded CC.

sidiously darth
01-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Not much to report b/c there's nothing to find... at least not at stores I've stopped by. Anyone else find anything of interes or noninterest.;)

Shogi
02-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Here's todays hunt:

BURLINGTON:
Wal-Mart - (Wave 3?) Revision, the case with the Officer and some figures from wave 2 and 3
K-Mart - Wave 2 Comic Packs there was one of each when I left

GREENSBORO:
Wal-Mart (Wendover) - Nothing new, Wave 1 Comic Packs
Wal-Mart (Battleground) - 8 pegs with single figures on them, same revison cases, 6 empty pegs for the comic packs (They have 4 cases on order though)
Wal-Mart (Cove Blvd) - Wave 3 Comic Packs! There was a SE/SS, Twins and Ace/WW when I left. Also some wave 3 figures
Target (Lawndale) - Nothing new, Wave 3 Figures, wave 1 Comics

lpburk2
02-08-2008, 07:34 AM
The Burlington Wal-Mart had the wave 3 comic packs this morning. There was still at least one of each left as of 8:00 AM.

Shogi
02-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Looks like Wal-Mart on Wendover in Greensboro got wave 3 comics last night, I found 2 SE/SS packs this morning

Shogi
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Winston-Salem sightings:

Target on University:
Nothing new, 1 single hooded CC
Wave 1 comic packs

Wal-Mart on University:
2 sets of wave 3 comics
2 extra SE/SS packs
1 or 2 Hawk/Scarlett packs

lpburk2
02-20-2008, 08:14 AM
The Burlington Wal-Mart finally had some wave 4 figures this morning. A guy in front of me at the cash register had the last Destro, but I managed to get most of the rest. There was one Roadbloack still on the shelf at 8:15 am.

Shogi
02-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Wave 6 has hit the Triad!!!!

Kernersville WM

Remnents of 2 cases of wave 6
(And I'm talking bare remnents, Beachhead, SE, Serpy, 1 Air Trooper)

Greensboro WM on Wendover

1 case of wave 6
(I got the 3 new guys and left the rest)

All of this is as of 10:45 or so Tuesday night

sidiously darth
02-29-2008, 01:13 AM
I attended WonderCon this past weekend. The show was great but nothing on the Joe front. Not one seller had figures from Wave 6 or 7. I came up dry on vintage vehicles and playsets as well.

I already have wave 6 and I'm sure any wave 7 figures would have been steep. I was just shocked at the lack of classic Joe items beyond figures.

lpburk2
03-01-2008, 06:24 AM
The Burlington Target had some Wave 5 figures last night. This is the first time I've seen them out here. Hopefully our Wal-Mart will get them soon.

Shogi
03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Here's my Winston-Salem report:

WM Hanes Mall:
Lotta Black Snake-Eyes, few other wave 5 remnents (CC, Shippy)

Target Hanes Mall:
Lotta nothing
Wave 1 Comics
1 Shippy
1 Hooded CC

WM University PKWY:
Not much, couple of wave 1 comics
Air Trooper and few wave 4 figures

Target University PKWY:
Looks like they got one case of wave 5, Somebody grabbed Destro and Snowjob and left the rest. I grabbed Flash

Looks like Target may be the place to check for wave 5 right now (My girlfriend also saw some wave 5 at Target in Greensboro on New Garden yesterday)

Shogi
03-05-2008, 01:23 PM
So I went all over the place today (It's my day off :) )

Randleman Wal-Mart
wave 5
Wave 1 Comix

Thomasville K-Mart
Wave 3 Revision 3
Wave 1 Comix

Thomasville Wal-Mart
Wave 4
Wave 1 Comix

High Point K-Mart
CC
Shippy

High Point Wal-Mart
Air Trooper
CG
Wave 1 & 3 Comix

GSO Elm Wal-Mart
Wave 5
Wave 1 Comix
Destro & Breaker Comic

GSO TRU
Wave 1 Comix

GSO Wendover Target
Wave 3
Wave 1 Comix

GSO Wendover K-Mart
Wave 4
Wave 1 Comix

GSO Wendover Wal-Mart
Wave 1 Comix
Ace/WW Comic (Looks to be retaped, probably no Doc sticker inside)

Shogi
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
So yeah I should have just gone here today:

GSO Wal-Mart on Battleground

8 pegs full of wave 6 and a few wave 4 figures

6 pegs full of wave 2 & 3 comix

lpburk2
03-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Good call on the Wal-Mart on Battleground. I got there at 6:30 this morning and loaded up; I've never seen that many figures on the shelf at one time. I was kind of surprised to see the price on the figures was about 60 cents greater than the price at the Burlington Wal-Mart.

Shogi
03-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Good call on the Wal-Mart on Battleground. I got there at 6:30 this morning and loaded up; I've never seen that many figures on the shelf at one time. I was kind of surprised to see the price on the figures was about 60 cents greater than the price at the Burlington Wal-Mart.

Burlington probably hasn't updated their prices. The price at Battleground is the norm for Wal-Mart now

lpburk2
03-12-2008, 07:35 AM
A rep from Hasbro (Patrick) was at the Burlington Wal-Mart this morning. I was looking at Star Wars figures at the time, but told him I was mainly interested in G.I. Joe. He said they were really hard to come by; one of the Wal-Marts in Greensboro has been trying to get them, and he hasn't been able to get any more from corporate. I asked him about the upcoming Indiana Jones line, but he seemed most exicted about Iron Man and The Hulk.

Unfortunately, he didn't have any useful information as to the best time to look for the figures.

sidiously darth
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Nothing much to report on in the Smithfield/Clayton/Garner areas. When it comes to Joes, the WMs may get a case in occassionaly but they don't last more than a day. As far as the 2 Targets, nothing to report since I haven't been there in about 2 weeks.

I may have missed the post but any signs of the TRU exclusives at the Cary location?

Shogi
03-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Looks like TRU in GSO got some new Joes in!

I saw Torpedo and the remnents from wave 6 cases (Wave 5) also saw Comix wave 1-3

They also got some newer knock off vehicles Mostly Chap Mei ones like little bird, Tank and Attack Boat

Shogi
03-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Target in Kernersville just got in the same case of comix that TRU got 4 days ago......at least they're getting Joes in again (After 2-3 months)

lpburk2
04-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Shogi, I noticed on Hisstank.com you'd found the Target exclusives. At which Target did you find them?

Edit: Never mind. The Burlington Target didn't give me any trouble at all this evening when I requested the items from the stock room. Got all three of the exclusives.

Shogi
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM
For the other Triad peeps here, You can try to hit the Wendover Target but you'll probably come out berated and empty. They believe that the toys have a Street Date. The guy that told me this was the same guy who got very angry with me when I handed him a DPCI # last year. Mind you he wasn't as angry this time, but he thought I had found some on the shelf at another store and told me I was lucky to get those.

However, if you go to the New Garden location, they have very nice employees who know what they're talking about and will go in the back and bring you a whole case (Just because they noticed all 3 vehicles were different colors and didn't know which one I wanted :) )

I don't know how Lawndale will treat ya. But I do know ALL 3 Greensboro stores have at least 9 at each store (I don't know if that is 9 cases or 9 items, The Target in Winston-Salem told me this info. Apparently as of Monday night, Greensboro was the only city in the area to have them)

sidiously darth
04-01-2008, 09:06 PM
For those roaming the Clayton/Garner Targets, the White Oak Target has 0 vehicles on hand. A friend of mine had checked the Timber Drive Target earlier today (Tuesday) and was told the same thing about April 13th. Well, I stopped by there after leaving the White Oak store just to see what I could find out. I took Karen with me for good luck and guess what was sitting on the floor at the corner of the action figure aisle. A freshly opened case of Joe vehicles. I marvelled at their beauty and relieved them of their box. No one stopped me and they rang up. WooHoo!

I have no idea why these were sitting on the floor but there was no street date on the case. I'm not waiting for the phone call from Target to bring the toys back. I used my checkcard so they can track me down.:D

sinnister
04-03-2008, 11:43 AM
No vehicles in the Raleigh area Targets either. Supposedly in a different district than the GSO stores.

Shogi
04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Saw Night Watch and Ninja packs at Winston-Salem TRU today, still no 3 packs. The worker there guessed they'd have them by the end of the month

Shogi
04-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Target in Winston-Salem on Hanes Mill Rd. has the exclusive vehicles out on a cash register endcap. They had 2 AWEs and 2 Specters

sidiously darth
04-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Found the following Valor vs. Venom 2-packs at the Clayton WM Sat. night:

Agent Jinx and Cobra Slice
Wild Bill and Coil Crusher

Besides being rather dusty, both were in super condition. Wonder where they were found.

lpburk2
04-14-2008, 07:49 AM
The Burlington Target had four A.W.E. Strikers and three Night Spectres yesterday, but someone had cleared out the H.I.S.S. Tanks. Target on Battleground in Greensboro had two Night Spectres and one A.W.E. Striker this morning.

Shogi
04-17-2008, 09:19 AM
GSO TRU has the 3 packs!!!!!!! I was the first in the door today and they had about 4 sets worth of the 3 packs on the shelf. I grabbed the Joe set and Blue Cobra set (I wasn't going to get the Cobras but the blue set just looked so good :) ) Shortly thereafter another collector showed up (I don't think he's on the boards) and we talked a bit

So Greensboro got 4 sets today, and Winston-Salem said they'd have the same amount next week when I called yesterday. (somebody should check to make sure they didn't get them this week, I don't know when their truck arrives)

lpburk2
04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
The Greensboro TRU still had two of each sets as of approximately 12:30. The cashier told me I was the fourth person to buy the Joes today.

quintonarledge
04-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I got my Target vehicles on Monday, but the Asheville TRU still hasn't received their 3-packs of Thursday, 04/17.

Shogi
04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Concord TRU was cleaned out yesterday when I dropped by there. They still had a bunch of comics and singles, just no exclusives.

I checked the W-S TRU Friday morning (Today) shortly after 10AM. They had 2 full sets of 3 packs and one extra Cobra Blue set

sidiously darth
04-26-2008, 02:08 AM
There's a toy show in the Kerr Scott Building at the NC State Fair Grounds this weekend. Come check it out before your wives drag you to the Southern Women's Show.;)

Shogi
04-27-2008, 12:14 PM
I was at Wal-Mart on Wendover last night and saw they had a few cases of the Incredible Hulk Humvee and Batman Dark Knight toys on the pallet. I didn't ask about Joes because I really don't expect wave 7 to be here yet

lpburk2
04-30-2008, 08:07 AM
The Burlington Target has apparently received two more cases of the exclusive vehicles. They were putting up a new endcap this morning featuring the Star Wars 2 packs, some Transformers exclusives, and the Joe vehicles.

Shogi
05-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Saw my first sighting of Wave 7 today

W-S Walmart on University had some Vipers, Dukes and SE (Looked like they had 2 cases worth, but all the Spirits, HISS and Wild Bills were gone) Now there's only 1 Duke and 3 SE

1 more Viper and I'll have my "star" :)

lpburk2
05-05-2008, 07:59 AM
The Burlingon Wal-Mart had wave 7 figures this morning. I was able to get one of each character. They had three Vipers and three Snake-Eyes; just one of everything else.

lpburk2
05-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Found a disappointing lot at the Burlington Target this morning. Disappointing because 90% of the cards were severely damaged. It looked like they had received three or four cases of wave 7 material, but most of their packaging had been smashed and bent.

Shogi
05-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Found a disappointing lot at the Burlington Target this morning. Disappointing because 90% of the cards were severely damaged. It looked like they had received three or four cases of wave 7 material, but most of their packaging had been smashed and bent.

That's the same thing I saw at a Target in Greensboro yesterday. Luckally I was able to find a Hiss Driver with a perfect card and I had the others already. It did allow me to grab a couple for customs and not feel too bad though (Picked up the worst of the cards I could find)

lpburk2
05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Both the Graham and Burlington Wal-Marts received a case of wave 8 figures today.

sinnister
06-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Nothing new in the Raleigh area. Target has nothing but a few comic packs. Walmart has a lot of figures but they are battle armor cobra commander, troopers, air troopers, IG Destro, Torpedo, Snow Job, Roadblock, Rock N Roll, etc.

lpburk2
06-12-2008, 07:29 AM
The Burlington Wal-Mart has managed to get several cases of wave 8 figures, but they all sell out in a single day. I was there when a new case was opened Tuesday morning, and by the time I got off work, all were gone. I still haven't seen the new comic packs anywhere.

Shogi
06-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Saw at least 5 Night Specters at Wendover Target for $2.48 each!

lpburk2
06-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Saw at least 5 Night Specters at Wendover Target for $2.48 each!

I didn't see any left at Target as of Saturday morning.

sidiously darth
06-27-2008, 09:02 PM
For anyone in the area, there is a Toy/Sports Card show at the Kerr Scott building this weekend.

Shogi
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
No Wave 9 in Greensboro!

Wal-Mart
Wendover - NOTHING!
Battleground - Wv4 Duke&CC Wv5 Remnents, VipersX3 Wv8 CC
Cone - Wv4 CC X2, Air X6, Troop X5

Target
Wendover - NOTHING!
New Garden - Buzzer, HoodCC, Troop
Lawndale - NOTHING!

K-Mart
Wv8 CC

TRU
3 Cases of Wv7
Also had Transformers Classics/Universe 2.0

No Vehicles of any kind and no Wv4 Comics at any of these

I didn't check out the Eugene St. Wal-Mart

lpburk2
07-03-2008, 07:19 PM
No Wave 9 in Greensboro!

Wal-Mart
Wendover - NOTHING!
Battleground - Wv4 Duke&CC Wv5 Remnents, VipersX3 Wv8 CC
Cone - Wv4 CC X2, Air X6, Troop X5

Target
Wendover - NOTHING!
New Garden - Buzzer, HoodCC, Troop
Lawndale - NOTHING!

K-Mart
Wv8 CC

TRU
3 Cases of Wv7
Also had Transformers Classics/Universe 2.0

No Vehicles of any kind and no Wv4 Comics at any of these

I didn't check out the Eugene St. Wal-Mart

I picked up all the Hiss drivers at TRU. There are no wave 9 figures out in Burlington, either.

lpburk2
07-05-2008, 03:06 PM
The Burlington Wal-Mart received a case of wave 9 figures today. All that was left when I got there at 1:30 pm was Steeler. There was nothing at the Wal-Marts in Graham, Mebane, and off exit 270 in Durham.

Shogi
07-05-2008, 05:48 PM
The Burlington Wal-Mart received a case of wave 9 figures today. All that was left when I got there at 1:30 pm was Steeler. There was nothing at the Wal-Marts in Graham, Mebane, and off exit 270 in Durham.

Steeler!?

Wave 9 hit GSO last night After running around to Elm, Cone and Wendover Wal-Marts I was able to get 1 of everyone except for Gen Hawk. When I left each store there were no wave 9 figures left. (Cone didn't even have any)

Today I hit Kernersvile Wally and found Gen Hawk along with the remnents of 2-3 wave 9 cases and a few wave 7 cases (No Bats or Snow Serpents left)

W-S University Wal-Mart had no single figures at all. I asked the stocker lady if they had anymore and she said they were completely sold out. (I'm assuming they didn't get any figures at all last night)

lpburk2
07-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Steeler!?

Wave 9 hit GSO last night After running around to Elm, Cone and Wendover Wal-Marts I was able to get 1 of everyone except for Gen Hawk. When I left each store there were no wave 9 figures left. (Cone didn't even have any)

Today I hit Kernersvile Wally and found Gen Hawk along with the remnents of 2-3 wave 9 cases and a few wave 7 cases (No Bats or Snow Serpents left)

W-S University Wal-Mart had no single figures at all. I asked the stocker lady if they had anymore and she said they were completely sold out. (I'm assuming they didn't get any figures at all last night)

Sorry, meant "Bazooka," not "Steeler." Got swept up in the excitement.

lpburk2
07-10-2008, 06:10 AM
The vehicles have arrived in the GSO area. The Burlington Wal-Mart received two cases this morning.

Shogi
07-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Greensboro TRU got 2 cases yesterday too

sinnister
07-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Vehicles have hit Raleigh Targets also. There were 3 still there when I left.

quintonarledge
07-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I've found all the WAVE 9 guys, vehicle packs and 12" figures at various Wal-Marts, Targets & TRU so far. However, no DVD packs just yet. I pre-ordered mine through HTS.com

lpburk2
07-28-2008, 06:36 AM
The Burlington Target received a case of the DVD packs today. One of each left on the shelf as of about 8:00 a.m.

Compulsive Collector
08-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Anyone seen any wave 5 comic packs in NC yet?

lpburk2
08-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Anyone seen any wave 5 comic packs in NC yet?

The Burlington Target receive them yesterday. They also received three cases of wave 9 figures. By the time I got there, all the B.A.T.s were gone. Oddly, whoever was troop building the B.A.T.s apparently doesn't share the same fondness for the Snow Serpents, as all three were still on the shelf.

Compulsive Collector
08-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the update. I'll have to see what I can find today.

Compulsive Collector
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I managed to get the two new comic packs I wanted from this wave, as well as a couple of B.A.T.s. Thanks for the tip!

lpburk2
08-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I managed to get the two new comic packs I wanted from this wave, as well as a couple of B.A.T.s. Thanks for the tip!

Where did you find the B.A.T.s?

Compulsive Collector
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Target in Pineville, just on the border of Charlotte.

sidiously darth
08-13-2008, 03:21 AM
Not much to report in my area besides some 12" figures and dvd packs. Oh, the WM in Smithifield did have the remains of a wave 7 case the other night.

Compulsive Collector
08-13-2008, 09:46 AM
The closest Wal-Mart to me here in Charlotte got a case of wave 7 the other night, too. Haven't seen any new comic packs at Wal-Mart yet.

sidiously darth
08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey, what's happened to the NC contingent here?

lpburk2
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey, what's happened to the NC contingent here?

I expect we'll all perk up when people start finding Rattler's at Target.

lpburk2
09-05-2008, 04:08 AM
The Hisstank.com thread about Rattlers and Conquests showing up at Target has been overrun by lunatics. Has anyone spotted them yet in NC?

Compulsive Collector
09-05-2008, 09:08 AM
As opposed to all the other threads? ;)

Nope, no sign of them here yet. As long as they keep fulfilling pre-orders, I'm hopeful that mine will ship soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

sidiously darth
09-05-2008, 10:05 AM
It's amazing what some of our fellow collectors at Hisstank have devolved into over these 2 vehicles. They are starting to sound like some of the irrational children that populate the boards over at rebel scum.

There's been no signs of them around here but the "reset" date is Sept. 7th and the stores have to the end of next week to get it done.

lpburk2
09-13-2008, 08:08 AM
The Target on Battleground had the Conquest and Rattler this morning. According to the clerk I spoke with, there were still three cases in the back.

sidiously darth
09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi guys!

I recently received part of my first order from Hasbro. I posted this in the For Sale section but wanted you guys to know what I received as well.

If you live in or close to Raleigh and don't mind stopping by my office, shipping is free.

10 Cases Joes Wave 4 Revision 2 (All on White Logo Card)
Jet Pack Duke
Hiss Tank Driver
Night Force (Python Patrol) Cobra Officer
Artick Snake Eyes
Tiger Force Flint
City Assault Roadblock
Baroness
Rock N' RollHere's a link to them at my ecrater store:

http://theouterrimcollectibles.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3056380 (http://theouterrimcollectibles.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3056380)

Shipping is free anywhere in the US and $5.99 for Canada. I will combine shipping on multiple Canadian orders.

5 Cases Joe Comic 2-Packs Wave 5 Revision 2 - $69.99 per case
Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow Silent Issue
Torch/Ripper
Crimson Guard/Scarred Cobra Officer
Storm Shadow/Firefly
Shipwreck/Copperhead
Destro/Iron Grenadier
Falcon/Nemsis Immortal
Cobra Commander/TripwireI opened one case and Destro had a gold head. However, I have if the other 4 are gold or black.

2 Cases Transformers Universe Deluxe Wave 2 Revison 2 - $72.99 per case
Sunstreaker
Prowl x2
Tankor x2
Galvatro x2
Acid Storm2 Cases Transformers Universe Ultra Wave 2 - $46.99 per case
Powerglide
Silverbolt2 Cases Star Wars Mighty Muggs Wave 5 - $39.99 per case
Anakin Skywalker
Count Dooku
Captain Rex
Asajj Ventress5 Cases Star Wars Legacy Wave 1 Revision 1 - Wave 1 Revision 1 - $69.99 per case
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Chewbacca
Leektar & Nippet - Ewoks
Ak-Rev
Yarna Dal Gargan
Bane Malor
Darth Vader
Kashyyyk Scout Trooper x2
TRU Stormtrooper x2These are internet only cases and do not contain any 1st Day of Issue Foil figures.

2x Millennium Falcon - $149.99 each

2x AT-TE - $96.99 each

If you are interested in any items, please contact me at sales@theouterrimcollectibles.com (sales@theouterrimcollectibles.com) for shipping quotes.

If you purchase all 5 of the Star Wars Legacy cases, I will ship them for free anywhere in the U.S.

I cannot guarantee condition on the carded figures b/c they are in sealed cases. However, all cases are in excellent condition.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks!

sidiously darth
09-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi all!

Quick update on couple of new items that will be in Friday.

GI Joe Vehicles Wave 2 - $59.99 per case

Firebat
Sharc with Deep 6
Vamp with Clutch
Ram vs Trouble BubbleGI Joe Cobra Assault Squads - $58.99 per set

Cobra Artic Assault Squad
Cobra Desert Assault SquadIf anyone is interested, please contact me for a shipping quote. If you live in or close to Raleigh, you're welcome to come by our office and pick up your items.

There is a Toy/Hobby show at the Kerr Scott building this weekend and we'll have a booth set up.

Thanks,
Charles

sidiously darth
09-27-2008, 02:18 AM
Hi guys!

The ecrater store is back up and running. Well, the GI Joe section is but that's the most important part, right?

http://theouterrimcollectibles.ecrater.com/category.php?cid=470290

I still have plenty of the Extreme Conditions sets available and should have more Firebats and Sharcs next week.

Monday is the big day for Wave 10. I still have a few cases available for anyone interested...$65 per case.

I've added more loose 25th vehicles and figures as well. If anyone needs anything, please contact me.

Thanks,
Charles
sales@theouterrimcollectibles.com

lpburk2
09-28-2008, 04:42 AM
Anyone in the area found Wave 10 at retail?

sidiously darth
10-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Quick update guys:

The eCrater store is on hold again. There's been a change in plans. We've decided to do MonsterCon (http://www.comicmonstore.com/convention.htm) this weekend in Concord.

Putting the store on hold prevents conflicts from online sales and show sales. I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

Wave 10 has been very popular. Unfortunately, sales for it are done for now. If I get more in, I'll let everyone know.

Thanks,
Charles

lpburk2
10-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I found one of the new vehicles today at the Burlington K-Mart (Sharc). I'm really looking forward to the Fang and Claw.

sidiously darth
10-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi all!

I've added a new section to the eCrater store:

Joes On Sale (http://theouterrimcollectibles.ecrater.com/category.php?cid=617495)

I've cut the prices on 26 different GI Joe Action Figures and 12 different Vehicles and Multi-Packs. Prices on the single Joes range from $3.99 to $6.99.

I've also cut the prices on most of our Star Wars Legacy and Clone Wars figures.

If you have any questions, please contact me here or by email, sales@theouterrimcollectibles.com.

Thanks!

sidiously darth
10-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi All!

Just a quick update......

The Outer Rim Collectibles eCrater store is on-hold for a few days. We're leaving Wednesday the Screaming Tiki Comic & Pop Culture Con in Ohio.

http://www.screamingtikicon.com/

It's a 3 day show starting at Noon on Friday. Click the link for more info.

The store will be back up early next week.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by!

sidiously darth
10-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Hellooooooooooooo!!!

Where's all my fellow NC Yo Joers? I can't keep this thread going all by myself. It's kind of cold and lonely in here.:(

BTW, nothing new to really report. I did see one of those crazy repack assortments with Mutt & Junkyard, Armor CC, Bludd, etc.

lpburk2
11-02-2008, 04:15 AM
I finally found a Firebat and AVAC yesterday at the Burlington Wal-Mart. They now have four full pegs of figures, but they're all from previous waves, so it looks like no one has bought anything in weeks.

sidiously darth
11-16-2008, 03:02 PM
There's a toy show at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex next weekend. If you come out, please stop by our both and say hi.

For more info, go to www.insidepitch.com

lpburk2
11-17-2008, 08:12 AM
There's a toy show at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex next weekend. If you come out, please stop by our both and say hi.

For more info, go to www.insidepitch.com (http://www.insidepitch.com)

Nothing would make me happier than being at the Greensboro Coliseum this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm committed to driving to Kentucky to pick up my mother in law, who will be staying with us for a week. Pray for me.

sidiously darth
11-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Nothing would make me happier than being at the Greensboro Coliseum this weekend. Unfortunately, I'm committed to driving to Kentucky to pick up my mother in law, who will be staying with us for a week. Pray for me.

That sucks...I mean not being able to hit the show and having your mother-in-law for a week. I'm not a very religious person but b/c I have a very annoying mother-in-law, I'll make an exception for you. I'll throw in a few Hail Mary's as well.;)

lpburk2
01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I found the Mighty Muggs at Target in Burlington this evening. There were a couple of Snake-Eyes left, and I believe one Storm Shadow.

quintonarledge
01-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Has anyone in NC seen Wave 4 of the Vehicles or Wave 8 of the Comic Packs at retail yet?

sidiously darth
05-02-2009, 04:13 AM
Hi all!

Just a reminder that the local Toy and Collectible show is this weekend at the NC State Fair Grounds in the Kerr Scott Building.

Our booth will have a large "wall" of Star Wars (POTF2 - Present) and Modern Joes On Sale...5 for $20.

Stop by say Hi!

sidiously darth
06-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi all!

Quick reminder on the Toy and Hobby show in Greensboro this weekend.

www.insidepitch.com

Come out and take a look around.

lpburk2
06-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi all!

Quick reminder on the Toy and Hobby show in Greensboro this weekend.

www.insidepitch.com (http://www.insidepitch.com)

Come out and take a look around.

I spent $75.00 at your booth today.

Edit: I hope you did as well today (Sunday). Most important, I hope you remember what a good customer I was, and cut me a deal on some MOTU Classic figures.

sidiously darth
06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I spent $75.00 at your booth today.

And I thank you very much. You helped make Saturday a little better for us.

lpburk2
06-07-2009, 04:36 AM
And I thank you very much. You helped make Saturday a little better for us.

It was worth every penny to finally get Blowtorch and some other items I've been searching for. Now if I could only find some Eels.

cardensb
06-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Shopped around the Fayetteville area (not really Triad, but I could pick up and ship at cost) last night.
Pegwarmer award goes to Ripper
TRU had some SHARCS, CG and Green shirt builder sets, Resolute sets
Wally World had Resolute sets
Target had Python Patrol Conquests
No figures really to pick from beyond Ripper...

Overall, pretty bare shelves

lpburk2
06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Shopped around the Fayetteville area (not really Triad, but I could pick up and ship at cost) last night.
Pegwarmer award goes to Ripper
TRU had some SHARCS, CG and Green shirt builder sets, Resolute sets
Wally World had Resolute sets
Target had Python Patrol Conquests
No figures really to pick from beyond Ripper...

Overall, pretty bare shelves

My local Target put all the remaining figures on clearance. There wasn't much to be had. Last week, the last two exclusives aircraft were 30% off; may be 50% by now.

lawman0252
07-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Greenville area is pretty bare on Joe figures.. Went to TRU and Walmart with no luck. I have been having to buy off the internet more than anything. Does anyone know of any upcoming toy shows From Raleigh on East?

sidiously darth
01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Marshalls has been somewhat of a goldmine over the past few months. Sure the veins run dry quickly but the finds can be awesome. Here's what I picked up Monday night:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5449/img00063201001181925.th.jpg (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/img00063201001181925.jpg/)

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4955/img00064201001181926.th.jpg (http://img694.imageshack.us/i/img00064201001181926.jpg/)

sidiously darth
04-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Just a heads up, there is a toy & hobby shot at the Charlotte Metrolina Expo Center today and tomorrow.

Inside Pitch Promotions:* Complete Toy, Hobby, Sports, NASCAR Show Listing (http://www.insidepitchpromotions.com/schedule.shtm)

The new owner is working hard to improve the show. He says there should be nearly 70 dealers with almost 200 tables for this show.

If you come down, please stop by our booth. We are set up at the end of the first row, right wall with Joes, Star Wars, MOTU and much more.

Have a great weekend!

sidiously darth
04-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Just a heads up, there is a toy & hobby shot at the Charlotte Metrolina Expo Center today and tomorrow.

Inside Pitch Promotions:* Complete Toy, Hobby, Sports, NASCAR Show Listing (http://www.insidepitchpromotions.com/schedule.shtm)

The new owner is working hard to improve the show. He says there should be nearly 70 dealers with almost 200 tables for this show.

If you come down, please stop by our booth. We are set up at the end of the first row, right wall with Joes, Star Wars, MOTU and much more.

Have a great weekend!

darthjay34
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I am selling or willing to trade stuff wtih local triangle folks for classic Joe ARAH figures.

star wars clone war
Mandalorian pack-MOC-25
yoda-3
anakin skywalker (space suit)-4
asoka tano - 4 (original)
cade bane and todo 360- 5
r7-a7-4
trooper heavy-5
obin-wan recent version-3
commander rex-2
count doku-2
boba fett-4