Spring loaded weapons [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Spring loaded weapons

BelgianGabber
02-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Some Euro figs came with spring loaded weapons. Some aren't in the archive so I was wondering if somebody else has some that aren't up.

I once bought 20 figures at one time in the early 90's. I got them all from one store, in that lot was a CGI with Rock Viper Head and some springloaded weapons variants...

Capt Grid Iron (no info on yojoe)
Metal-Head (no info on yojoe)
Low-Light v3 (no info on yojoe)
Desert Scorpion
Night Creeper

I know there are some die-hard collectors who prolly have more of these variations. Please share it with us :)

bluebikerboy1
02-25-2005, 06:43 PM
i do know i have a lot of weapons that arnt accesory packs and have to be joe. 2 are launchers and a few missils. i was wondering if they were foreign or not.

Obiwanjacoby
02-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Great info, thanks! I didn't know any of this. The completists will be furious though. :D

Can't wait to see someone submit these finds to the archive.

-PJ

notpicard
02-26-2005, 01:18 AM
I've bought a few of these. In most cases the figures included are also the harder to find variations in the US. For example, Metal Head has the thick pegs and Ambush has light camo. The Night Creeper I got is slightly different as well. The painting on the chest armor ends in a different place, but I have never seen this difference in the US.

JeffreyKabal
02-26-2005, 06:36 AM
No worries everybody. I think that my list (which I've been creating for our archives) is nearly complete.
Please be patient. It takes a lot of work to get this archive online.
Soon...soon...it will all be avaible.

Blitzwingz
02-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Soon...soon...it will all be avaible.

You shoulden't give these nice folks false hope jeffrey. Just admit it will take at least five more years:)

JeffreyKabal
02-28-2005, 11:58 AM
lol :) We'll get one part online when I finish wave 6 and we get all the pics we still need.
So shoot the photographs you promised!

It will take time, it's hard to get a good website of the ground. Especially since we had nothing.
Now those europeans spring loaded things takes some time. I'm still working on that. There is no good source for them.

Besides. Are you still going to create a page for us with all those names, birthplaces and such?

Blitzwingz
03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, those photo's will have to wait a few months (or longer) because I'm moving to a new appartment. No room for Joes there, so they are going in to storage.
I just updated that list of names, so I'll send them to you this week.

JeffreyKabal
03-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Here's a lsit with all the figure that have spring loaded waepons or any other strange variations.
I won't tell what it is exactly, it should be a surprise when the site goes online and I'm still struggling with a few of them.

Laser Viper
Low Light
Undertow
Metal Head
Ambush
Desert Scorpion
Night Creeper
Capt. Grid Iron
Rock Viper
General Hawk
Dusty & Coyote
Bullhorn
Pathfinder
Saw Viper
and last but not least
Range Viper.

bluebikerboy1
03-01-2005, 09:54 PM
you missed major bluud:)

JeffreyKabal
03-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Major Bludd?
He was never avaible in Europe.

joeboy75
03-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Which ones of these actually have different colored accessories than the originals?

joeboy75
03-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Skip my last post, I found out...thanks Ion!

JeffreyKabal
03-07-2005, 08:30 AM
on a catalog on which many different accessoires are shown that are released overhere show Dice with a white bo staff and a white axe.
Dice is also a bit more blue then purple.
Dunno if that one exists. But I'm searching for it :)
So if anyone has a white bo-staff :)

JeffreyKabal
03-07-2005, 12:07 PM
here's an example.
It's an auction I won just several minutes ago.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5960345629&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

notpicard
03-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Are either of these images like the one of the white staff? It kind of looks white in the bottom pic.

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/preprod/92/dice.shtml

Take a look to see if the tattoos are there on the image in the catalog you have. If they aren't, there is a good chance it is another preproduction image.

JeffreyKabal
03-08-2005, 11:34 AM
you're right Pat.
It's the first one.
Only your scan darkened a lot of the picture.
From what catalog did you get the picture?
Mine is from a Dutch one.

JeffreyKabal
03-08-2005, 11:36 AM
is it me or is his face different 2?
and take a closer look on your catalog Pat. His color is definitely not purple but rather blue.