Can mods view pms of the regular members [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Can mods view pms of the regular members

drveovru2
02-26-2005, 09:31 AM
i am not asking if mods do this, i am asking if they have the abilities to do so. i remember a mod posting that they could, so can a mod confirm this?

Ann G
02-26-2005, 11:06 AM
There is no way I can think of that mods can get to your pms..then again I am new at this. I can only edit certain parts of your profile like avatars and signatures.

However...I am almost willing to bet money that an administrator can get ahold of your pms if he tried hard enough. I know some types of boards give admins options to access pms with ease. However, if an administrator or moderator of any board can edit your email address or password in your profile...then he could get to your pms with some work.

Jeff Bohn
02-26-2005, 12:29 PM
I never saw the option on this board. The closest to it was to see how many pms a user had in their inbox, but not the content, titles, or who they were from. I know you can on other types of boards, but not sure if you can on vbulletin or not.

Jeff

drveovru2
02-27-2005, 09:42 PM
thanks for the replies, i couldn't remeber, but i thought it was said that mods could monitor pms for language. I thought this was said when all the bad language issues were going on, and just i had a privacy issue with a pm that made me wonder.
thanks